Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Re: Soul and Spirit

    Message 1 of 3 , May 2, 2007
      Freddy:

      RS:
      > "... But then we know - and you can read it in my
      > "Theosophy" - that united with these three members
      > (physical body, etheric body and soul body) is what
      > one generally comprises under "I". The "I" is
      > actually
      > a threefold being: sentient soul, intellectual or
      > mind
      > soul, consciousness soul, ... " 1*
      >
      > "The "I" dwells in the soul ... Within the "I" the
      > spirit is alive and active ...the spirit streams
      > into
      > the "I" taking it as its garment..." 2*

      Oh boy Frank!

      Okay, can we stop here for a second? Okay, so we are
      understanding that the I is the embryo that exists
      within the body of the Soul? And the spirit streams
      into the I taking it as its garment?

      Question: is this saying that the Spirit NOW resides
      in the I that is within the Soul? Or is it after
      it(damnit see if the I is in the Soul and it takes on
      the three qualities of sentient, intellectual,
      consciousness, is the I the Soul?) has been purified
      that it is birthed in man from above?

      Thanks for this Frank.

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Frank Smith
      Message 2 of 3 , May 3, 2007
        --- dottie zold <dottie_z@...> wrote:

        > RS:
        > > "... But then we know - and you can read it in my
        > > "Theosophy" - that united with these three members
        > > (physical body, etheric body and soul body) is
        > what
        > > one generally comprises under "I". The "I" is
        > > actually
        > > a threefold being: sentient soul, intellectual or
        > > mind
        > > soul, consciousness soul, ... " 1*
        > >
        > > "The "I" dwells in the soul ... Within the "I" the
        > > spirit is alive and active ...the spirit streams
        > > into
        > > the "I" taking it as its garment..." 2*
        >
        > Oh boy Frank!
        >
        > Okay, can we stop here for a second? Okay, so we are
        > understanding that the I is the embryo that exists
        > within the body of the Soul? And the spirit streams
        > into the I taking it as its garment?

        F: Not quite. I would say that what is meant by
        "embryo" is the spirit-self - or transformed astral
        body.

        > Question: is this saying that the Spirit NOW resides
        > in the I that is within the Soul? Or is it after
        > it(damnit see if the I is in the Soul and it takes
        > on
        > the three qualities of sentient, intellectual,
        > consciousness, is the I the Soul?) has been purified
        > that it is birthed in man from above?

        F: Saying that it is in embryo form means (imo) that
        the spirit-self is there but not developed. The spirit
        in general, however, is always present in the the I -
        and everywhere for that matter.
        Frank

        Frank Thomas Smith
        http://SouthernCrossReview.org