Lucifer/Tsarion

  • gaelman58
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 25, 2007
      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "gaelman58"
      > <gaelman58@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Keith: You strike me as an intelligent guy...given your
      familiarity
      > > with Steiner and whatnot, what is it in the radio interview and
      the
      > > web pages that you find "very interesting"?...regards, G.
      >

      > For a couple of reasons:
      >
      > 1. The history of the use of the word "Lucifer".
      >
      > 2. The potential connections of the term with Celtic/British
      mysticism.

      > 3. The symbolic meanings of Lucifer: Is Lucifer a being or a
      principle
      > or both, especially in comparison to Steiner's treatment of the
      > Lucifer concept.
      >
      > 4. The occult cultural origins of the word Lucifer, such as the
      > practice of the Egyptian god cults.
      >

      > I feel pretty certain that the Michael Tsarion knows his stuff in
      this
      > regard.
      >

      > Regards,
      >
      > Keith

      Keith: A bit of context before the question: What I understand of
      Anthroposophy I accept as true, that is, I believe it. That would
      not be so if I had not studied Steiner's epistomological works.
      Those works are experiential. The reader ends up "knowing". As to
      the spiritual events related by Steiner I can only say I believe
      them to be true. I can't say I know them to be true. What I don't
      understand of his work I have no opinion.

      For me, there is no inherent clash between Spiritual Science and
      Catholicism. The former is a path of knowledge the latter is a
      religion. Those that can't see that are generally ideologues of
      some sort or another...in any event, when I approach any spiritual
      consideration in my reading, I approach it out of an
      Anthroposophical context...that is, the context I believe to be true.

      Given that context, I don't see how a man could conclude that
      Michael Tsarion "knows his stuff". It seems to me that without the
      Anthroposophical context, a person could end up believing
      anything...that's one pole...or nothing...that's the other pole.

      What is it then, that convinces you that the man "knows his stuff"?

      Regards, Gaelman