General Anthroposophical Society expels 44 members--Expelled members sue GAS
You may have heard that the Executive Council of the General Anthroposophical Society (GAS) at the Goetheanum in Dornach, Switzerland recently expelled 44 members of the Anthroposophical Society because of their concurrent membership in the "Living the Christmas Conference" group. The Executive Council accuses the members of the group of having waged a negative campaign against the GAS which had begun to sap the strength of the society.
There has been resistance to the way the leadership of the Anthroposophical Society is set up, which allows for the membership to behave in a subservient manner, following leaders who are without any expected accountability for their actions. The Executive Council (Vorstand) chooses each other and then presents themselves as a block to be accepted at the annual meetings. The "Living the Christmas Conference" group states the Executive Council has not furnished any proof that their members had ever been guilty of any action out of keeping with anthroposophical tasks and goals.
It is now being reported that the "Living the Christmas Conference" group is going to take the society to court "to counter the injustice of the expulsions."
I have posted seven reports on the battle between the Executive Council and the "Living the Christmas Conference" group at www.philosophyoffreedom.com for those who are interested in this ongoing story. They are:
- Expelled members take Anthroposophical Society to court
- Report on the March 31, 2007 annual general meeting of the Anthroposophical Society at the Goetheanum in Dornach
- GAS Executive Council Official Letter to explain expulsions with Reply from 888goya.org
- Who is Francesco de Goya?
- More On The Anthroposophical Societies purge of 44 members
- General Anthroposophical Society expels 44 members
- Police Raid General Anthroposophical Society