Good Friday

  • laquerencia33@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 6, 2007
      At first I hestitated to post this thinking it might be sort of off topic
      for Easter week but then found that it does somehow carry the mood of Good
      Friday.
      DeborahB
      ************

      From Garrison Keillor's "The Writer's Almanac"
      (http:www.americanpublicmedia.org):

      On this day in 1917, the United States formally declared war against
      Germany and entered World War I. American participation in the World War
      permanently transformed the nation. In order to meet increased demands for
      goods, the federal government expanded dramatically, taking an
      unprecedented role in guiding the economy. Women got involved in the war
      effort and impressed enough of the men they worked with that they won
      support for voting rights shortly after the war. The war also shortened
      women's skirts, since it created a scarcity of wool. And it probably
      started the widespread American addiction to cigarettes, since American
      soldiers got to buy cigarettes at much cheaper prices while serving abroad.

      At the time, the war had been going on in Europe for three years, but
      there was no real immediate threat to the United States. Up until then,
      Woodrow Wilson had been opposed to the war. His campaign for president in
      1916 included the slogan, "He kept us out of the war," though Wilson never
      used that phrase himself.

      But two things changed Wilson's mind. The first was that Germany had
      declared unrestricted warfare on American merchant vessels, and began
      torpedoing any ship they thought was carrying munitions to the British and
      the French. At that point, the United States was the biggest supplier of
      munitions to the British and the French. And the second was that the
      United States intercepted a telegram from Germany to Mexico, asking for an
      alliance against the United States. If Mexico was willing to attack the
      U.S., the Germans said they would help Mexico regain Texas, New Mexico,
      and Arizona.

      So President Wilson asked Congress for a declaration of war on April 2.
      The declaration passed almost unanimously, and war was officially declared
      on this day in 1917. One of the few people who spoke out against it was
      the pacifist Senator from Wisconsin, Robert La Follette.
      About 3 million American men were inducted into the military. And though
      they fought for only a short time, it was enough to make a difference.
      Between the financial support, supplies, and reinforcements, the American
      entry into the war was the turning point that helped bring it to an end.

      The war was extraordinarily expensive for the United States, costing about
      $1 million per hour in the last 25 months of the war. The amount of money
      the U.S. government spent on World War I was more than the combined total
      of what it had spent in the previous 100 years. Woodrow Wilson hoped it
      would be the war to end all wars, but instead it was just the beginning of
      the United States' policy of military intervention in world affairs.
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 6, 2007
        Hey Deb,

        On the subject of Good Friday its' been an interesting
        one for me that's for sure.

        I was thinking how I am experiencing the 'money
        changers' in the Temple. And that really bothered me
        today. I also really became aware of how this human
        Jesus is what is focused on as suffering and not in
        any way divine. The pain on his face is so different
        from those of the great painters wherein one sees the
        pain but for humanity not for himself. In these new
        type of paintings I am seeing this 'pity me' thing.
        Very disturbing to say the least.

        On 'money changers' it really is that it seems the
        churchs are not holy places any longer. And its we the
        people that make it so. Strange to experience today. I
        went to do the Stations of the Cross which is
        something I like to do to honor my mothers input in
        my life. She loves this aspect of Catholosism while
        turning away from the rest for the most part. But the
        paintings for the Stations were changed this year and
        they were a really sexual almost masochistic Jesus in
        the Episcopalian church and they had NAME TAGS on them
        IN THE FRAME. I guess this was for whoever paid money
        to do so. I just could not do the stations. I had to
        sit down and just contemplate. But I was interupted by
        all this whispering with one another as if htey were
        in some market area. I mean it was incredible to me.

        But some really good things happened as well and one
        of them was that I had a good understanding as to how
        it is that the Teachers of Wisdom and Harmony work
        with us in this new age. It seems that they do not
        approach the human being who is not able to refrain
        from altering something due to feelings one way or the
        other. I mean I know we read this in Steiner but to
        experience it was quite interesting. I mean its like
        you are told WHY they are working with you in some
        strange way. And then also it seems they work with us
        not from a giving but from an inspiring manner. For
        example, if I wanted to know something it is not just
        given rather it is where I place my attention. And
        when one places ones attention in a certain direction
        while working with these Teachers then questions can
        begin. I imagine that might be why...wow, I just
        thought of that, it might be why Mr. Klocek is so keen
        on questions: its how the Teachers work with us. We
        have to be able to form the questions as this new age
        does not allow the answer to be given in that format
        any longer. If it did then it would stunt our own
        personal I Am growth.

        So many thoughts came today about working in the world
        and how it is that we elevate ourselves to them, to be
        able to participate with them and how nothing
        outwardly changes. And Rudolf Steiner says this but
        when we reach this point of working with the Beings it
        seems that his words resonate once again as 'yes, this
        was the guidepost' and now somehow it becomes a fact
        in some way. Like this inner shift. And its
        interesting because I am encountering many many people
        who are not Anthroposophists who are noting that
        something is shifting for them, a quickening of sorts.
        Or maybe its that everything they've been working on
        suddenly seems to be a little more clearer for them.
        Interesting.

        I also came into contact with the Being that is
        guiding Eleazar. And I really came to realize Mr.
        Klocek's words on the importance of doing things
        ourselves versus allowing another being to do it for
        us. And its' funny because it also seems that it is a
        fact that whatever we do for ourselves we also do for
        those beings connected with us. I mean its a true fact
        in the spiritual worlds it seems, not just words a
        teacher has said here or there.

        And another thing is kinda funny while I'm on it, that
        this Being, Eleazar calls him an 'entity' has another
        Being also speaking through him. And this is where it
        gets strange: He resides in the Throat Chakra. Leads
        me to contemplate Ahriman. And, well, I will call him
        Ahri for the time being without knowing for sure that
        is who it is, and this Ahri cannot be controlled by
        the Rasta entity. Nor can the Ahri being control the
        Rasta entity. But the Ahri being can use the Rasta
        being to speak to Eleazar. So what ends up happenning
        is the E. starts to get mixed messages that he has to
        figure out. I think this is something that can
        considered Schizophrenia.

        The good thing about this Ahri is that it is actually
        through him that E. and the Rasta being can rise to
        what each of them needs. Mr. Klocek spoke this weekend
        how the new community includes those who have crossed
        the Threshold. And this Rasta cat has but is still
        here. And he's old as the trees and as wise too.

        But for me the interesting thing was to be able to see
        Ahri in the throat. I could not figure out for the
        life of me what a second face was doing in the throat
        of this Rasta cat. And then I realized they were kinda
        stuck together in a way due to the Ahri figure coming
        to confound someone who has the capacity to experience
        the spiriutal worlds. And although it is in an old way
        he is aware that the new way can not only set him free
        but also those who have gone on to the other side.
        Pretty incredible.

        Good Friday. Hmmm.

        Bored stiff? Loosen up...
        http://games.yahoo.com/games/front
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 6, 2007
          I thought this was the funniest article. It was great
          to hear 'that man done lost his mind' when speaking of
          Ignoramus numero duo speak on black female basketball
          players. I mean WHAT could that man been thinking of.
          Whew.

          http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070407/ap_en_ce/imus_apology;_ylt=AqGWu2dncO8MmmyFopcctt9xFb8C

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 6, 2007
            And I was thinking about things and I had a thought
            about these horns of light. I am not exactly sure
            where I have heard this term before but this morning I
            was thinking/experiencing, how this might be through
            the pineal gland we experience this Light breathing
            versus the air breathing.

            And this took me to wondering about the unicorn. And I
            wondered if it is a story about us being killed off.
            That our own horn of Light was chopped off.

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 6, 2007
              Dear Friends,

              I am wondering if anyone has a reference or link to an article about
              the Seals for this epoch. I had been looking at Mercury the last month
              or so and it came up last night in a meeting that Mercury is the Seal
              for this epoch. And I kinda had a better understanding of something
              being painted in the Da Vinci paintings. I'd like to share this
              thought connected to Rudolf Steiner if anyone has a link or thought on
              this for me.

              Thanks,