Re: The Superior Man

  • gaelman58
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 5, 2007
      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Mike helsher"
      <mhelsher@...> wrote:

      > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "gaelman58"
      > <gaelman58@> wrote:
      > >
      > He doesn't need to be right all the time, nor does he always need
      > > > be always safe, cooperative and sharing, like an androgynous
      Mr.
      > Nice
      > > > Guy. He simply lives from his deepest core, fearlessly giving
      his
      > > > gifts, feeling through the fleeting moment into the openness
      of
      > > > existence, totally committed to magnifying love.
      > > >
      > > > ********************************************************
      > > >
      > > > Heart thinking premo!
      > > >
      > > > I'm especially interested in some Steiner lingo that might add
      > to, or
      > > > detract from these Ideas. Seems a bit Lucerfiric at first
      glance.
      > But
      > > > there is a correlation to intuition, and then the letting go
      that
      > is
      > > > so important to a more true form of living thinking.
      > > >
      > > > be well
      > > >
      > > > Mike
      > > > http://www.thewealthguardian.com/
      > > >

      > > Mike: Do you really think Dieda and Hoff know any more about it
      > than
      > > you do?
      >
      > Yeah I think that Dieda does, but I'm catching up fast...:)
      >
      > ...What Dieda does know is how to write a marketable book...I'd
      > > guess a string of workshops ensued...
      >
      > Well the CD set is presented in a workshop format.
      >
      > Hoff's conclusion is funny,
      > > "...some profound truths that will help you on your Path to a
      > fuller,
      > > richer life for yourself and your partner"....all one has to do
      is
      > > get one's partner to accept that precept,
      >
      > Well, My wifey has accepted it..:) I treat her Like the Goddess
      that
      > she is now, with as much honesty from the heart as possible. I get
      > interact with a devine feminine Goddess! What a difference! she's
      > beaming all the time, looks me in the eye with deep passion and
      Loves
      > me more it seems, and grabs my ass even on occasion...:) so
      > somethings working!
      >
      > "Your purpose must come
      > > before your relationship"...doik!...regards, G.
      >
      > Seems you don't like it. fine by me!
      >
      > Best
      >
      > Mike

      Mike: Thanks for the response...a quote from Steiner that I think
      is germane to what we're talking about here... from "Love and its
      Mission in the World" p 109, "In the age of materialism it is
      exceedingly difficult to maintain this concept of compassion or love
      in a true and right perspective. Many of you will realize that in
      our materialistic times this concept is distorted, in that
      materialism associates the concept of love so closely with sexuality-
      with which, fundamentally, it has nothing whatsoever to do. That is
      a point where the culture of our day abandons both intelligence and
      sound, healthy reason. Though its materialism, evolution in our
      time is veering not only toward the unintelligent and illogical but
      even toward the scandalous, when love is dragged into such close
      association with what is covered by the term 'sexuality'. The fact
      that under certain circumstances the element of sexuality may be
      associated with love between man and woman is no argument for
      bringing the all-embracing nature of love or compassion so close
      together with the entirely specific character of sexuality".

      Over a lifetime, I think the average thinking person comes to that
      conclusion from their experience...that is, sex is
      sex...relationships are relationships...and that's why it's not
      uncommon for older people to say, "Damn, if I knew then what I know
      now".

      As for the question of what one ought to do with repect to their
      sexuality...well, I remember the words of an initiate I read some
      years ago. He said that with respect to sexual conduct there isn't
      much difference between an initiate and a primitive...regards, G.
    • Mike helsher
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 5, 2007
        <gaelman58@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > association with what is covered by the term 'sexuality'. The fact
        > that under certain circumstances the element of sexuality may be
        > associated with love between man and woman is no argument for
        > bringing the all-embracing nature of love or compassion so close
        > together with the entirely specific character of sexuality".
        >
        > Over a lifetime, I think the average thinking person comes to that
        > conclusion from their experience...that is, sex is
        > sex...relationships are relationships...and that's why it's not
        > uncommon for older people to say, "Damn, if I knew then what I know
        > now".
        >
        > As for the question of what one ought to do with repect to their
        > sexuality...well, I remember the words of an initiate I read some
        > years ago. He said that with respect to sexual conduct there isn't
        > much difference between an initiate and a primitive...regards, G.

        I think the focus in the cd's that I listened is not on sex, or
        sexuality, but more on the play of the polarity between feminine and
        masculine. He describes the feminine as "everything that changes; is
        always moving; Love in motion; the flow of life it self". The
        masculine is the depth of "unchanging, always was, always will be,
        ultimate unenhancable freedom consciousness". Of course the two are
        really one, but in our duelistic world, we get to experience both
        sides of the coin at different times, and in different ways. A
        reasonably well rounded person, male of female, can exibit both
        masculine and femenine qualities. Personally, I think that always
        being balanced in an intimate relationship just gets plain boring
        after a while. Polarity allows for gravity, and electricity to flow.
        Like wise, in a polarized relationship, love and consciousness tend
        to flow, but only if the human made blocks (guardians of the
        threshold)have been cleared. This is all really about the play of
        energy and polarity in relation to the rolls that we choose to play
        in our world, from a deep heart felt perspective. Many of which
        aren't questioned and just unthinkingly assumed according to gender.
        having listened to the cd set three times through, I don't think that
        the over arcing message is out of tune with what RS wrote about. It
        is not what I would call a "materialistic" perspective". He's got his
        own jargon for sure, and I don't quite agree with the idea that "you
        will never find your purpose in mind" that he puts forth. Though
        there is alot of focus on what I would call heart thinking. but to
        each his own.

        Mike