Re: The Superior Man

  • gaelman58
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 4, 2007
      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Mike helsher"
      <mhelsher@...> wrote:

> [...]
      > is in a way. But it certainly points to being "rich" in many other
      > ways as well. The most important part of the book for me was the
      > chapter on transmuting sexual energy, and how most people that have
      > accumulated wealth in all areas of Life, were very able to do this.
      > It says that sex is the most powerful motivating human impulse. I
      > thought "wow, what a great idea, I'd be destined for riches too if I
      > knew how to do that (I've been blessed with an abundance of hormones
      > you see:)).
      >
      > Well, as Love would have it an old friend, out of the blue, just
      > shows up at my house with this CD set, that is a practical guide to
      > doing just that: Transmuting sexual energy so as to live in the magic
      > of life. Now, everytime I see something beautiful (feminine), I
      > breath it in and let it warm my heart in the form of inspiration.
      > Beautiful women especially get breathed in now, instead of supressed,
      > and my God if that don't put a smile on my face.
      >
      > It seems a little weird to be learning this stuff at 45, but what the
      > hell! In contrast to my bevis and butthead sexual understanding that
      > I had for so long, this is gonna help me to rock the world!
      >
      > this from a review:
      >
      > http://www.menweb.org/waysuper.htm

      > The "superior man"? This book is a guide for a specific kind of
      > newly evolving man. This man is unabashedly masculine--he is
      > purposeful, confident, and directed, living his chosen way of life
      > with deep integrity and humor--and he is sensitive, spontaneous and
      > spiritually alive, with a heart-commitment to discovering and living
      > his deepest truth.
      >
      > This man is totally turned on by the feminine. He loves to take his
      > woman sexually, to ravish her, but not in some old-style macho
      > fashion. Rather, he wants to ravish her with so much love, she is
      > vanished, they both vanish, in the fullness of loving itself. He is
      > dedicated to incarnating love on this earth, through his work and his
      > sexuality, and he does so as a free man, bound neither by outward
      > convention or inner cowardice.
      >
      > This newly evolving man is not a scared bully, posturing like some
      > King Kong in charge of the universe. Nor is he a new age wimp, all
      > spineless, smiley, and starry-eyed. He has embraced both his inner
      > masculine and feminine, and he no longer holds onto either of them.
      > He doesn't need to be right all the time, nor does he always need to
      > be always safe, cooperative and sharing, like an androgynous Mr. Nice
      > Guy. He simply lives from his deepest core, fearlessly giving his
      > gifts, feeling through the fleeting moment into the openness of
      > existence, totally committed to magnifying love.

      > Heart thinking premo!
      >
      > I'm especially interested in some Steiner lingo that might add to, or
      > detract from these Ideas. Seems a bit Lucerfiric at first glance. But
      > there is a correlation to intuition, and then the letting go that is
      > so important to a more true form of living thinking.

      Mike: Do you really think Dieda and Hoff know any more about it than
      you do?...What Dieda does know is how to write a marketable book...I'd
      guess a string of workshops ensued...Hoff's conclusion is funny,
      "...some profound truths that will help you on your Path to a fuller,
      richer life for yourself and your partner"....all one has to do is to
      get one's partner to accept that precept, "Your purpose must come
      before your relationship"...doik!...regards, G.
    • Mike helsher
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 4, 2007
        --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "gaelman58"
        <gaelman58@...> wrote:

        He doesn't need to be right all the time, nor does he always need to
        > > be always safe, cooperative and sharing, like an androgynous Mr.
        Nice
        > > Guy. He simply lives from his deepest core, fearlessly giving his
        > > gifts, feeling through the fleeting moment into the openness of
        > > existence, totally committed to magnifying love.

        > > Heart thinking premo!
        > >
        > > I'm especially interested in some Steiner lingo that might add
        to, or
        > > detract from these Ideas. Seems a bit Lucerfiric at first glance.
        But
        > > there is a correlation to intuition, and then the letting go that
        is
        > > so important to a more true form of living thinking.
        > >
        > > be well
        > >
        > > Mike
        > > http://www.thewealthguardian.com/
        > >

        > Mike: Do you really think Dieda and Hoff know any more about it
        than
        > you do?

        Yeah I think that Dieda does, but I'm catching up fast...:)

        ...What Dieda does know is how to write a marketable book...I'd
        > guess a string of workshops ensued...

        Well the CD set is presented in a workshop format.

        Hoff's conclusion is funny,
        > "...some profound truths that will help you on your Path to a
        fuller,
        > richer life for yourself and your partner"....all one has to do is
        > get one's partner to accept that precept,

        Well, My wifey has accepted it..:) I treat her Like the Goddess that
        she is now, with as much honesty from the heart as possible. I get to
        interact with a devine feminine Goddess! What a difference! she's
        beaming all the time, looks me in the eye with deep passion and Loves
        me more it seems, and grabs my ass even on occasion...:) so
        somethings working!

        "Your purpose must come
        > before your relationship"...doik!...regards, G.

        Seems you don't like it. fine by me!

        Best

        Mike

      • gaelman58
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 5, 2007
          <mhelsher@...> wrote:

          > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "gaelman58"
          > <gaelman58@> wrote:
          > >
          > He doesn't need to be right all the time, nor does he always need
          > > > be always safe, cooperative and sharing, like an androgynous
          Mr.
          > Nice
          > > > Guy. He simply lives from his deepest core, fearlessly giving
          his
          > > > gifts, feeling through the fleeting moment into the openness
          of
          > > > existence, totally committed to magnifying love.
          > > >
          > > > ********************************************************
          > > >
          > > > Heart thinking premo!
          > > >
          > > > I'm especially interested in some Steiner lingo that might add
          > to, or
          > > > detract from these Ideas. Seems a bit Lucerfiric at first
          glance.
          > But
          > > > there is a correlation to intuition, and then the letting go
          that
          > is
          > > > so important to a more true form of living thinking.
          > > >
          > > > be well
          > > >
          > > > Mike
          > > > http://www.thewealthguardian.com/
          > > >

          > > Mike: Do you really think Dieda and Hoff know any more about it
          > than
          > > you do?
          >
          > Yeah I think that Dieda does, but I'm catching up fast...:)
          >
          > ...What Dieda does know is how to write a marketable book...I'd
          > > guess a string of workshops ensued...
          >
          > Well the CD set is presented in a workshop format.
          >
          > Hoff's conclusion is funny,
          > > "...some profound truths that will help you on your Path to a
          > fuller,
          > > richer life for yourself and your partner"....all one has to do
          is
          > > get one's partner to accept that precept,
          >
          > Well, My wifey has accepted it..:) I treat her Like the Goddess
          that
          > she is now, with as much honesty from the heart as possible. I get
          > interact with a devine feminine Goddess! What a difference! she's
          > beaming all the time, looks me in the eye with deep passion and
          Loves
          > me more it seems, and grabs my ass even on occasion...:) so
          > somethings working!
          >
          > "Your purpose must come
          > > before your relationship"...doik!...regards, G.
          >
          > Seems you don't like it. fine by me!
          >
          > Best
          >
          > Mike

          Mike: Thanks for the response...a quote from Steiner that I think
          is germane to what we're talking about here... from "Love and its
          Mission in the World" p 109, "In the age of materialism it is
          exceedingly difficult to maintain this concept of compassion or love
          in a true and right perspective. Many of you will realize that in
          our materialistic times this concept is distorted, in that
          materialism associates the concept of love so closely with sexuality-
          with which, fundamentally, it has nothing whatsoever to do. That is
          a point where the culture of our day abandons both intelligence and
          sound, healthy reason. Though its materialism, evolution in our
          time is veering not only toward the unintelligent and illogical but
          even toward the scandalous, when love is dragged into such close
          association with what is covered by the term 'sexuality'. The fact
          that under certain circumstances the element of sexuality may be
          associated with love between man and woman is no argument for
          bringing the all-embracing nature of love or compassion so close
          together with the entirely specific character of sexuality".

          Over a lifetime, I think the average thinking person comes to that
          conclusion from their experience...that is, sex is
          sex...relationships are relationships...and that's why it's not
          uncommon for older people to say, "Damn, if I knew then what I know
          now".

          As for the question of what one ought to do with repect to their
          sexuality...well, I remember the words of an initiate I read some
          years ago. He said that with respect to sexual conduct there isn't
          much difference between an initiate and a primitive...regards, G.
        • Mike helsher
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 5, 2007
            <gaelman58@...> wrote:

> [...]
            > association with what is covered by the term 'sexuality'. The fact
            > that under certain circumstances the element of sexuality may be
            > associated with love between man and woman is no argument for
            > bringing the all-embracing nature of love or compassion so close
            > together with the entirely specific character of sexuality".
            >
            > Over a lifetime, I think the average thinking person comes to that
            > conclusion from their experience...that is, sex is
            > sex...relationships are relationships...and that's why it's not
            > uncommon for older people to say, "Damn, if I knew then what I know
            > now".
            >
            > As for the question of what one ought to do with repect to their
            > sexuality...well, I remember the words of an initiate I read some
            > years ago. He said that with respect to sexual conduct there isn't
            > much difference between an initiate and a primitive...regards, G.

            I think the focus in the cd's that I listened is not on sex, or
            sexuality, but more on the play of the polarity between feminine and
            masculine. He describes the feminine as "everything that changes; is
            always moving; Love in motion; the flow of life it self". The
            masculine is the depth of "unchanging, always was, always will be,
            ultimate unenhancable freedom consciousness". Of course the two are
            really one, but in our duelistic world, we get to experience both
            sides of the coin at different times, and in different ways. A
            reasonably well rounded person, male of female, can exibit both
            masculine and femenine qualities. Personally, I think that always
            being balanced in an intimate relationship just gets plain boring
            after a while. Polarity allows for gravity, and electricity to flow.
            Like wise, in a polarized relationship, love and consciousness tend
            to flow, but only if the human made blocks (guardians of the
            threshold)have been cleared. This is all really about the play of
            energy and polarity in relation to the rolls that we choose to play
            in our world, from a deep heart felt perspective. Many of which
            aren't questioned and just unthinkingly assumed according to gender.
            having listened to the cd set three times through, I don't think that
            the over arcing message is out of tune with what RS wrote about. It
            is not what I would call a "materialistic" perspective". He's got his
            own jargon for sure, and I don't quite agree with the idea that "you
            will never find your purpose in mind" that he puts forth. Though
            there is alot of focus on what I would call heart thinking. but to
            each his own.

            Mike