Re: Kwan Yin coming full circle

  • write3chairs
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 3, 2007
      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, Frank Smith wrote:

      > "Conniption"? I knew that word, but haven't heard it
      > in ten dogs' ages. It was common when I was a kid in
      > Bklyn. Does it exist, really? I looked it up and it
      > DOES: "N.American informal - a fit of hysterics or
      > rage. ORIGIN: prob. an invented word. " Thanks for the
      > memory, Dottie, although it doesn't have much to do
      > with the Black Madonna.
      > Frank

      I wonder now about the difference between a conniption
      fit and a hissy fit. Hissy fits seem to be limited to
      females, though, isn't that correct? I've never heard
      of a man having a hissy. I guess conniption is gender-
      free, eh? If I were to choose my fit, it would be hissy.

      Cheers,
      Jennifer

      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 3, 2007
        Hi Friends,

        I wanted to share a few thoughts that I have been
        working on that have to do with how we interact with
        one another once we reach a certain level of soul mood
        with another or even maybe within oneself.

        It seems to me that one can have an ongoing conscious
        relationship through the spirit. And what is
        interesting is that, well pardon what I do not express
        appropriately in anthroposophical terms, it is in the
        inbetween space, the same place where we build our
        pictures, we can interact from that same area. It's a
        place where the 'feel/seeing' ...oh the heart organ is
        also a listening organ, not just a developing picture
        organ of consciousness but also a listening, real
        spirit to spirit interaction.

        What I find interesting is that although we can
        interact, have conversation, in this area, this does
        not mean that we are working from some higher level of
        existance. For example its not that someone has
        reached Spirit Self or whathaveyou. We are still who
        we are in this realm with all our faults and
        strengths. It's just the area where we are building
        the new organ of perception, the thinking heart. And
        working on this organ, specifically with the antipathy
        and sympathy exercises really allows one to form these
        petals.

        Rudolf Steiner speaks of the need to make sure that we
        work on the twelve petal organ of the area. He shares
        that if this organ/chakra is not at first worked on
        then all the rest will be faltering. And I imagine
        that these years on line have really allowed me to
        work on this organ:) as I kept trying to be
        accountable for my words. Always Tarjei was my
        strengthg in showing up another day even while I may
        have been cringing. But the work pays off. It pays off
        to fall and then try and get back up and face the
        music. It builds a good character within us. If we
        just fall and then turn to blame and shame we not only
        harm ourselves but our future capacity to build this
        organ. But its a minute by minute process it seems.

        I wondered if maybe we can speak with everyone in this
        manner of interacting and it seems to me that no we
        can not, not on a conscious level. It's not that we
        are speaking to spirit, we are speaking to
        consciousness at whatever level we are currently in.
        I mean one can force it but I imagine that would be a
        part of black magic.

        Well, these are my thoughts today,

        Finding fabulous fares is fun.
      • write3chairs
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 4, 2007
          --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, dottie zold wrote:

          > Hi Friends,
          >
          > I wanted to share a few thoughts that I have been
          > working on that have to do with how we interact with
          > one another once we reach a certain level of soul mood
          > with another or even maybe within oneself.
          >
          > It seems to me that one can have an ongoing conscious
          > relationship through the spirit. And what is
          > interesting is that, well pardon what I do not express
          > appropriately in anthroposophical terms, it is in the
          > inbetween space, the same place where we build our
          > pictures, we can interact from that same area. It's a
          > place where the 'feel/seeing' ...oh the heart organ is
          > also a listening organ, not just a developing picture
          > organ of consciousness but also a listening, real
          > spirit to spirit interaction.
          >
          > What I find interesting is that although we can
          > interact, have conversation, in this area, this does
          > not mean that we are working from some higher level of
          > existance. For example its not that someone has
          > reached Spirit Self or whathaveyou. We are still who
          > we are in this realm with all our faults and
          > strengths. It's just the area where we are building
          > the new organ of perception, the thinking heart. And
          > working on this organ, specifically with the antipathy
          > and sympathy exercises really allows one to form these
          > petals.
          >
          > Rudolf Steiner speaks of the need to make sure that we
          > work on the twelve petal organ of the area. He shares
          > that if this organ/chakra is not at first worked on
          > then all the rest will be faltering. And I imagine
          > that these years on line have really allowed me to
          > work on this organ:) as I kept trying to be
          > accountable for my words. Always Tarjei was my
          > strengthg in showing up another day even while I may
          > have been cringing. But the work pays off. It pays off
          > to fall and then try and get back up and face the
          > music. It builds a good character within us. If we
          > just fall and then turn to blame and shame we not only
          > harm ourselves but our future capacity to build this
          > organ. But its a minute by minute process it seems.
          >
          > I wondered if maybe we can speak with everyone in this
          > manner of interacting and it seems to me that no we
          > can not, not on a conscious level. It's not that we
          > are speaking to spirit, we are speaking to
          > consciousness at whatever level we are currently in.
          > I mean one can force it but I imagine that would be a
          > part of black magic.
          >
          > Well, these are my thoughts today,

          Hi, Dottie! This is meaningful, friend. Thank you for
          sharing it. I go through these cycles, they are almost
          predictable. Some days, going on seems so pointless!
          Sore body, fried mind, wounded spirit.... What's
          the use? SSDD. Nothing seems to change. And yet
          even as I say that, change is everywhere, including
          inside of me. Transformation is such a beautiful thing,
          yet it can seem terrible, too. I've been reading about
          trauma victims lately, people who have suffered terrible
          tragedies and yet they didn't let these things ruin
          their lives. Here are some names: Mike Wallace, Deena
          Metzger, Andre Dubus, Armando Valladares, Max Cleand,
          Jeb Stuart Magruder, Donna Jenkins, Anne Capute,
          Harold Kushner, Nackey Loeb, Patti Dean, Alie Wiesel.
          Their stories are all included in this wonderful book,
          "Undaunted Spirits: Portraits of Recovery from Trauma,"
          by Mary Baures. She has a beautiful website, too.
          It includes a gallery of her artwork as well as other
          inspiring pages, including this one, about using
          creativity to heal trauma and loss:
          http://www.marybaures.com/usingcreativity.htm
          Like you say, so much thinking heart work is needed....

          Jennifer
        • write3chairs
          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 4, 2007
            Should have spell checked first. Corrections below.

            > I've been reading about trauma victims lately, people
            > who have suffered terrible tragedies and yet they didn't
            > let these things ruin their lives. Here are some names:

            Mike Wallace, Deena Metzger, Andre Dubus, Armando Valladares,
            Max Cleland, Jeb Stuart Magruder, Donna Jenkins, Anne Capute,
            Harold Kushner, Nackey Loeb, Patti Dean, Elie Wiesel.