Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] RE: Conniption

  • Frank Smith
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 2, 2007
      --- Jo Ann Schwartz <sr_joanna@...> wrote:

      > --- Frank Smith wrote:
      > > "Conniption"? I knew that word, but haven't heard
      > it
      > > in ten dogs' ages. It was common when I was a kid
      > in
      > > Bklyn. Does it exist, really? I looked it up and
      > it
      > > DOES: "N.American informal - a fit of hysterics or
      > > rage. ORIGIN: prob. an invented word. " Thanks for
      > the
      > > memory, Dottie, although it doesn't have much to
      > do
      > > with the Black Madonna.
      >
      > Yo, Cisco!
      >
      > Must depend on where you're from. I still hear it
      > from
      > time to time here on the Midwest Coast.

      Yeah? well then at least we know that Dottie didn't
      invent it.

      Frank Thomas Smith
      http://SouthernCrossReview.org

      TV dinner still cooling?
      http://tv.yahoo.com/
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 3, 2007
        You know, a really big eye opener this weekend was the
        thought Mr. Klocek shared that the Will is
        unrecognized feelings. I mean is that an incredible
        thought. If we looked at our feelings in this manner
        and were conscious about them, whew, aint' no telling
        what type of change we would have going on for
        ourselves not to mention the world.

        Bored stiff? Loosen up...
        http://games.yahoo.com/games/front
      • write3chairs
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 3, 2007
          --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, Frank Smith wrote:

          > "Conniption"? I knew that word, but haven't heard it
          > in ten dogs' ages. It was common when I was a kid in
          > Bklyn. Does it exist, really? I looked it up and it
          > DOES: "N.American informal - a fit of hysterics or
          > rage. ORIGIN: prob. an invented word. " Thanks for the
          > memory, Dottie, although it doesn't have much to do
          > with the Black Madonna.
          > Frank

          I wonder now about the difference between a conniption
          fit and a hissy fit. Hissy fits seem to be limited to
          females, though, isn't that correct? I've never heard
          of a man having a hissy. I guess conniption is gender-
          free, eh? If I were to choose my fit, it would be hissy.

          Cheers,
          Jennifer

          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 3, 2007
            Hi Friends,

            I wanted to share a few thoughts that I have been
            working on that have to do with how we interact with
            one another once we reach a certain level of soul mood
            with another or even maybe within oneself.

            It seems to me that one can have an ongoing conscious
            relationship through the spirit. And what is
            interesting is that, well pardon what I do not express
            appropriately in anthroposophical terms, it is in the
            inbetween space, the same place where we build our
            pictures, we can interact from that same area. It's a
            place where the 'feel/seeing' ...oh the heart organ is
            also a listening organ, not just a developing picture
            organ of consciousness but also a listening, real
            spirit to spirit interaction.

            What I find interesting is that although we can
            interact, have conversation, in this area, this does
            not mean that we are working from some higher level of
            existance. For example its not that someone has
            reached Spirit Self or whathaveyou. We are still who
            we are in this realm with all our faults and
            strengths. It's just the area where we are building
            the new organ of perception, the thinking heart. And
            working on this organ, specifically with the antipathy
            and sympathy exercises really allows one to form these
            petals.

            Rudolf Steiner speaks of the need to make sure that we
            work on the twelve petal organ of the area. He shares
            that if this organ/chakra is not at first worked on
            then all the rest will be faltering. And I imagine
            that these years on line have really allowed me to
            work on this organ:) as I kept trying to be
            accountable for my words. Always Tarjei was my
            strengthg in showing up another day even while I may
            have been cringing. But the work pays off. It pays off
            to fall and then try and get back up and face the
            music. It builds a good character within us. If we
            just fall and then turn to blame and shame we not only
            harm ourselves but our future capacity to build this
            organ. But its a minute by minute process it seems.

            I wondered if maybe we can speak with everyone in this
            manner of interacting and it seems to me that no we
            can not, not on a conscious level. It's not that we
            are speaking to spirit, we are speaking to
            consciousness at whatever level we are currently in.
            I mean one can force it but I imagine that would be a
            part of black magic.

            Well, these are my thoughts today,

            Finding fabulous fares is fun.
          • write3chairs
            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 4, 2007
              --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, dottie zold wrote:

              > Hi Friends,
              >
              > I wanted to share a few thoughts that I have been
              > working on that have to do with how we interact with
              > one another once we reach a certain level of soul mood
              > with another or even maybe within oneself.
              >
              > It seems to me that one can have an ongoing conscious
              > relationship through the spirit. And what is
              > interesting is that, well pardon what I do not express
              > appropriately in anthroposophical terms, it is in the
              > inbetween space, the same place where we build our
              > pictures, we can interact from that same area. It's a
              > place where the 'feel/seeing' ...oh the heart organ is
              > also a listening organ, not just a developing picture
              > organ of consciousness but also a listening, real
              > spirit to spirit interaction.
              >
              > What I find interesting is that although we can
              > interact, have conversation, in this area, this does
              > not mean that we are working from some higher level of
              > existance. For example its not that someone has
              > reached Spirit Self or whathaveyou. We are still who
              > we are in this realm with all our faults and
              > strengths. It's just the area where we are building
              > the new organ of perception, the thinking heart. And
              > working on this organ, specifically with the antipathy
              > and sympathy exercises really allows one to form these
              > petals.
              >
              > Rudolf Steiner speaks of the need to make sure that we
              > work on the twelve petal organ of the area. He shares
              > that if this organ/chakra is not at first worked on
              > then all the rest will be faltering. And I imagine
              > that these years on line have really allowed me to
              > work on this organ:) as I kept trying to be
              > accountable for my words. Always Tarjei was my
              > strengthg in showing up another day even while I may
              > have been cringing. But the work pays off. It pays off
              > to fall and then try and get back up and face the
              > music. It builds a good character within us. If we
              > just fall and then turn to blame and shame we not only
              > harm ourselves but our future capacity to build this
              > organ. But its a minute by minute process it seems.
              >
              > I wondered if maybe we can speak with everyone in this
              > manner of interacting and it seems to me that no we
              > can not, not on a conscious level. It's not that we
              > are speaking to spirit, we are speaking to
              > consciousness at whatever level we are currently in.
              > I mean one can force it but I imagine that would be a
              > part of black magic.
              >
              > Well, these are my thoughts today,

              Hi, Dottie! This is meaningful, friend. Thank you for
              sharing it. I go through these cycles, they are almost
              predictable. Some days, going on seems so pointless!
              Sore body, fried mind, wounded spirit.... What's
              the use? SSDD. Nothing seems to change. And yet
              even as I say that, change is everywhere, including
              inside of me. Transformation is such a beautiful thing,
              yet it can seem terrible, too. I've been reading about
              trauma victims lately, people who have suffered terrible
              tragedies and yet they didn't let these things ruin
              their lives. Here are some names: Mike Wallace, Deena
              Metzger, Andre Dubus, Armando Valladares, Max Cleand,
              Jeb Stuart Magruder, Donna Jenkins, Anne Capute,
              Harold Kushner, Nackey Loeb, Patti Dean, Alie Wiesel.
              Their stories are all included in this wonderful book,
              "Undaunted Spirits: Portraits of Recovery from Trauma,"
              by Mary Baures. She has a beautiful website, too.
              It includes a gallery of her artwork as well as other
              inspiring pages, including this one, about using
              creativity to heal trauma and loss:
              http://www.marybaures.com/usingcreativity.htm
              Like you say, so much thinking heart work is needed....

              Jennifer
            • write3chairs
              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 4, 2007
                Should have spell checked first. Corrections below.

                > I've been reading about trauma victims lately, people
                > who have suffered terrible tragedies and yet they didn't
                > let these things ruin their lives. Here are some names:

                Mike Wallace, Deena Metzger, Andre Dubus, Armando Valladares,
                Max Cleland, Jeb Stuart Magruder, Donna Jenkins, Anne Capute,
                Harold Kushner, Nackey Loeb, Patti Dean, Elie Wiesel.