Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Kwan Yin coming full circle

  • Frank Smith
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 2, 2007
      --- dottie zold <dottie_z@...> wrote:

      > Well my friend Frank Thomas Smith, on the Black
      > Madonna and Anthroposophia much was to be
      > experienced
      > and understood this weekend: the older petitionary
      > relationship to the Black Madonna and the new
      > 'better
      > get your ass in gear' relationship :) to
      > Anthroposophia. :OOO

      Dottie dear, just because I extract only one word from
      your post (coniption) doesn't mean that I haven't read
      all and appreciate it.
      Btw, was that the title of Dennis' workshop? (better
      get your ass in gear...)
      Frank

      Frank Thomas Smith
      http://SouthernCrossReview.org

      8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time
    • Frank Smith
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 2, 2007
        --- Jo Ann Schwartz <sr_joanna@...> wrote:

        > --- Frank Smith wrote:
        > > "Conniption"? I knew that word, but haven't heard
        > it
        > > in ten dogs' ages. It was common when I was a kid
        > in
        > > Bklyn. Does it exist, really? I looked it up and
        > it
        > > DOES: "N.American informal - a fit of hysterics or
        > > rage. ORIGIN: prob. an invented word. " Thanks for
        > the
        > > memory, Dottie, although it doesn't have much to
        > do
        > > with the Black Madonna.
        >
        > Yo, Cisco!
        >
        > Must depend on where you're from. I still hear it
        > from
        > time to time here on the Midwest Coast.

        Yeah? well then at least we know that Dottie didn't
        invent it.

        Frank Thomas Smith
        http://SouthernCrossReview.org

        TV dinner still cooling?
        http://tv.yahoo.com/
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 3, 2007
          You know, a really big eye opener this weekend was the
          thought Mr. Klocek shared that the Will is
          unrecognized feelings. I mean is that an incredible
          thought. If we looked at our feelings in this manner
          and were conscious about them, whew, aint' no telling
          what type of change we would have going on for
          ourselves not to mention the world.

          Bored stiff? Loosen up...
          http://games.yahoo.com/games/front
        • write3chairs
          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 3, 2007
            --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, Frank Smith wrote:

            > "Conniption"? I knew that word, but haven't heard it
            > in ten dogs' ages. It was common when I was a kid in
            > Bklyn. Does it exist, really? I looked it up and it
            > DOES: "N.American informal - a fit of hysterics or
            > rage. ORIGIN: prob. an invented word. " Thanks for the
            > memory, Dottie, although it doesn't have much to do
            > with the Black Madonna.
            > Frank

            I wonder now about the difference between a conniption
            fit and a hissy fit. Hissy fits seem to be limited to
            females, though, isn't that correct? I've never heard
            of a man having a hissy. I guess conniption is gender-
            free, eh? If I were to choose my fit, it would be hissy.

            Cheers,
            Jennifer

            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 3, 2007
              Hi Friends,

              I wanted to share a few thoughts that I have been
              working on that have to do with how we interact with
              one another once we reach a certain level of soul mood
              with another or even maybe within oneself.

              It seems to me that one can have an ongoing conscious
              relationship through the spirit. And what is
              interesting is that, well pardon what I do not express
              appropriately in anthroposophical terms, it is in the
              inbetween space, the same place where we build our
              pictures, we can interact from that same area. It's a
              place where the 'feel/seeing' ...oh the heart organ is
              also a listening organ, not just a developing picture
              organ of consciousness but also a listening, real
              spirit to spirit interaction.

              What I find interesting is that although we can
              interact, have conversation, in this area, this does
              not mean that we are working from some higher level of
              existance. For example its not that someone has
              reached Spirit Self or whathaveyou. We are still who
              we are in this realm with all our faults and
              strengths. It's just the area where we are building
              the new organ of perception, the thinking heart. And
              working on this organ, specifically with the antipathy
              and sympathy exercises really allows one to form these
              petals.

              Rudolf Steiner speaks of the need to make sure that we
              work on the twelve petal organ of the area. He shares
              that if this organ/chakra is not at first worked on
              then all the rest will be faltering. And I imagine
              that these years on line have really allowed me to
              work on this organ:) as I kept trying to be
              accountable for my words. Always Tarjei was my
              strengthg in showing up another day even while I may
              have been cringing. But the work pays off. It pays off
              to fall and then try and get back up and face the
              music. It builds a good character within us. If we
              just fall and then turn to blame and shame we not only
              harm ourselves but our future capacity to build this
              organ. But its a minute by minute process it seems.

              I wondered if maybe we can speak with everyone in this
              manner of interacting and it seems to me that no we
              can not, not on a conscious level. It's not that we
              are speaking to spirit, we are speaking to
              consciousness at whatever level we are currently in.
              I mean one can force it but I imagine that would be a
              part of black magic.

              Well, these are my thoughts today,

              Finding fabulous fares is fun.
            • write3chairs
              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 4, 2007
                --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, dottie zold wrote:

                > Hi Friends,
                >
                > I wanted to share a few thoughts that I have been
                > working on that have to do with how we interact with
                > one another once we reach a certain level of soul mood
                > with another or even maybe within oneself.
                >
                > It seems to me that one can have an ongoing conscious
                > relationship through the spirit. And what is
                > interesting is that, well pardon what I do not express
                > appropriately in anthroposophical terms, it is in the
                > inbetween space, the same place where we build our
                > pictures, we can interact from that same area. It's a
                > place where the 'feel/seeing' ...oh the heart organ is
                > also a listening organ, not just a developing picture
                > organ of consciousness but also a listening, real
                > spirit to spirit interaction.
                >
                > What I find interesting is that although we can
                > interact, have conversation, in this area, this does
                > not mean that we are working from some higher level of
                > existance. For example its not that someone has
                > reached Spirit Self or whathaveyou. We are still who
                > we are in this realm with all our faults and
                > strengths. It's just the area where we are building
                > the new organ of perception, the thinking heart. And
                > working on this organ, specifically with the antipathy
                > and sympathy exercises really allows one to form these
                > petals.
                >
                > Rudolf Steiner speaks of the need to make sure that we
                > work on the twelve petal organ of the area. He shares
                > that if this organ/chakra is not at first worked on
                > then all the rest will be faltering. And I imagine
                > that these years on line have really allowed me to
                > work on this organ:) as I kept trying to be
                > accountable for my words. Always Tarjei was my
                > strengthg in showing up another day even while I may
                > have been cringing. But the work pays off. It pays off
                > to fall and then try and get back up and face the
                > music. It builds a good character within us. If we
                > just fall and then turn to blame and shame we not only
                > harm ourselves but our future capacity to build this
                > organ. But its a minute by minute process it seems.
                >
                > I wondered if maybe we can speak with everyone in this
                > manner of interacting and it seems to me that no we
                > can not, not on a conscious level. It's not that we
                > are speaking to spirit, we are speaking to
                > consciousness at whatever level we are currently in.
                > I mean one can force it but I imagine that would be a
                > part of black magic.
                >
                > Well, these are my thoughts today,

                Hi, Dottie! This is meaningful, friend. Thank you for
                sharing it. I go through these cycles, they are almost
                predictable. Some days, going on seems so pointless!
                Sore body, fried mind, wounded spirit.... What's
                the use? SSDD. Nothing seems to change. And yet
                even as I say that, change is everywhere, including
                inside of me. Transformation is such a beautiful thing,
                yet it can seem terrible, too. I've been reading about
                trauma victims lately, people who have suffered terrible
                tragedies and yet they didn't let these things ruin
                their lives. Here are some names: Mike Wallace, Deena
                Metzger, Andre Dubus, Armando Valladares, Max Cleand,
                Jeb Stuart Magruder, Donna Jenkins, Anne Capute,
                Harold Kushner, Nackey Loeb, Patti Dean, Alie Wiesel.
                Their stories are all included in this wonderful book,
                "Undaunted Spirits: Portraits of Recovery from Trauma,"
                by Mary Baures. She has a beautiful website, too.
                It includes a gallery of her artwork as well as other
                inspiring pages, including this one, about using
                creativity to heal trauma and loss:
                http://www.marybaures.com/usingcreativity.htm
                Like you say, so much thinking heart work is needed....

                Jennifer
              • write3chairs
                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 4, 2007
                  Should have spell checked first. Corrections below.

                  > I've been reading about trauma victims lately, people
                  > who have suffered terrible tragedies and yet they didn't
                  > let these things ruin their lives. Here are some names:

                  Mike Wallace, Deena Metzger, Andre Dubus, Armando Valladares,
                  Max Cleland, Jeb Stuart Magruder, Donna Jenkins, Anne Capute,
                  Harold Kushner, Nackey Loeb, Patti Dean, Elie Wiesel.