Re: Kwan Yin coming full circle

    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 2, 2007
      And another thing while I"m at it:) I've noted three women that I
      can consider to be interesting:

      Lott's wife turned into Salt. Salt is a very very big thing.
      My question's are:

      'why isn't she named'?
      'what is her relationship with Abraham?
      'who is Lott in the story of the All?

      Miriam, Moses' sister, is one considered to be the one whom the
      Israelites looked to in the dessert. It was considered the water was
      with them because she was there. When she was turned into a leper,
      white as snow, (thinking of salt here) it is said by the Rabbi's
      that the people refused to move until she was brought back into the
      camp and therefore healed by God. When she died the water was no
      longer available to the Jewish people. And unto this day it is
      considered that the well is still dried.

      Where we find the water again is with the woman at the well in the
      story of Christ. Rudolf Steiner states that this woman was the first
      who went foward and had people believe according solely to her word.
      I find that she is the Magdalene. OR at the very least the
      representative of the mysteries that lead up to the Magdalene being
      able to see the Christ at the Resurrection.

      So my question is:
      What does Salt have to do with this?
      Who is Lott's wife and is there a continuation story here with the
      woman at the well?
      If so who still is Lot.

      And so we have two women so far in two stories with two prominant
      men who were turned into something white: both as a punishment. One
      with Abraham and one with Moses: both not wives of the men. I wonder
      if we would find out that Lott's wife was a sister of Abraham? or at
      the very least very closely connected. And if so how can we find
      out? Where is there further literature on this woman?

      And then we have the Magdalene in Jesus' time. It is she who is
      shown to be going through all kinds of trials and tribulations just
      like the wife of Lott and also the sister of Moses, Miriam. And
      although its not noted where she is turned into anything white, we
      do have the blood issues healed. And that is then purity as far as I
      understand it in my studies. And that would mean she was working
      with the Christ on a very intimate level due to what we term in
      Anthroposophy as the etherization of the blood. This is my
      understanding. I think we can look at STeiner's word as to what
      happens when we have blood etherization. And there is only one
      person in the bible so noted as being a part of this mystery. Well,
      if we also look at the Mother at the Wedding of Cana we can see
      another thing with the blood there as well. I wonder if there is a
      third...oh, maybe the blood of Christ flowing down into the earth.
      Maybe that is the third part of the mystery.

      The Rabbis say that Miriam, Moses' sister, was the young girl who
      put him into the water of the Nile. And it is said by the Rabbis
      that the Mother of Miriam, and Moses, was a midwife along with her
      daughter. Now that is a very interesting telling sign of the mystery
      of Moses and the ladies. I will see if I can find the story that
      speaks to this as a legend in the Jewish midrash. There is the
      implication, not that it was due to the boy children being killed,
      but that the father of Moses did not want him. I shall find this
      legend for you all.

      I have so many more questions and thoughts on this mystery of the
      Magdalene, the Kwan Yin, the Anthroposophia. And it's also
      interesting to me that the Kwan Yin really makes an emergence in the
      fourth century. This is just before everything goes underground and
      is cut out by the Church. Something occurs during this fourth
      century that still has to be discovered.

      All good things,
      Dottie
    • Frank Smith
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 2, 2007
        --- dottie zold <dottie_z@...> wrote:

        > Well my friend Frank Thomas Smith, on the Black
        > Madonna and Anthroposophia much was to be
        > experienced
        > and understood this weekend: the older petitionary
        > relationship to the Black Madonna and the new
        > 'better
        > get your ass in gear' relationship :) to
        > Anthroposophia. :OOO

        Dottie dear, just because I extract only one word from
        your post (coniption) doesn't mean that I haven't read
        all and appreciate it.
        Btw, was that the title of Dennis' workshop? (better
        get your ass in gear...)
        Frank

        Frank Thomas Smith
        http://SouthernCrossReview.org

        8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time
      • Frank Smith
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 2, 2007
          --- Jo Ann Schwartz <sr_joanna@...> wrote:

          > --- Frank Smith wrote:
          > > "Conniption"? I knew that word, but haven't heard
          > it
          > > in ten dogs' ages. It was common when I was a kid
          > in
          > > Bklyn. Does it exist, really? I looked it up and
          > it
          > > DOES: "N.American informal - a fit of hysterics or
          > > rage. ORIGIN: prob. an invented word. " Thanks for
          > the
          > > memory, Dottie, although it doesn't have much to
          > do
          > > with the Black Madonna.
          >
          > Yo, Cisco!
          >
          > Must depend on where you're from. I still hear it
          > from
          > time to time here on the Midwest Coast.

          Yeah? well then at least we know that Dottie didn't
          invent it.

          Frank Thomas Smith
          http://SouthernCrossReview.org

          TV dinner still cooling?
          http://tv.yahoo.com/
          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 3, 2007
            You know, a really big eye opener this weekend was the
            thought Mr. Klocek shared that the Will is
            unrecognized feelings. I mean is that an incredible
            thought. If we looked at our feelings in this manner
            and were conscious about them, whew, aint' no telling
            what type of change we would have going on for
            ourselves not to mention the world.

            Bored stiff? Loosen up...
            http://games.yahoo.com/games/front
          • write3chairs
            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 3, 2007
              --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, Frank Smith wrote:

              > "Conniption"? I knew that word, but haven't heard it
              > in ten dogs' ages. It was common when I was a kid in
              > Bklyn. Does it exist, really? I looked it up and it
              > DOES: "N.American informal - a fit of hysterics or
              > rage. ORIGIN: prob. an invented word. " Thanks for the
              > memory, Dottie, although it doesn't have much to do
              > with the Black Madonna.
              > Frank

              I wonder now about the difference between a conniption
              fit and a hissy fit. Hissy fits seem to be limited to
              females, though, isn't that correct? I've never heard
              of a man having a hissy. I guess conniption is gender-
              free, eh? If I were to choose my fit, it would be hissy.

              Cheers,
              Jennifer

              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 3, 2007
                Hi Friends,

                I wanted to share a few thoughts that I have been
                working on that have to do with how we interact with
                one another once we reach a certain level of soul mood
                with another or even maybe within oneself.

                It seems to me that one can have an ongoing conscious
                relationship through the spirit. And what is
                interesting is that, well pardon what I do not express
                appropriately in anthroposophical terms, it is in the
                inbetween space, the same place where we build our
                pictures, we can interact from that same area. It's a
                place where the 'feel/seeing' ...oh the heart organ is
                also a listening organ, not just a developing picture
                organ of consciousness but also a listening, real
                spirit to spirit interaction.

                What I find interesting is that although we can
                interact, have conversation, in this area, this does
                not mean that we are working from some higher level of
                existance. For example its not that someone has
                reached Spirit Self or whathaveyou. We are still who
                we are in this realm with all our faults and
                strengths. It's just the area where we are building
                the new organ of perception, the thinking heart. And
                working on this organ, specifically with the antipathy
                and sympathy exercises really allows one to form these
                petals.

                Rudolf Steiner speaks of the need to make sure that we
                work on the twelve petal organ of the area. He shares
                that if this organ/chakra is not at first worked on
                then all the rest will be faltering. And I imagine
                that these years on line have really allowed me to
                work on this organ:) as I kept trying to be
                accountable for my words. Always Tarjei was my
                strengthg in showing up another day even while I may
                have been cringing. But the work pays off. It pays off
                to fall and then try and get back up and face the
                music. It builds a good character within us. If we
                just fall and then turn to blame and shame we not only
                harm ourselves but our future capacity to build this
                organ. But its a minute by minute process it seems.

                I wondered if maybe we can speak with everyone in this
                manner of interacting and it seems to me that no we
                can not, not on a conscious level. It's not that we
                are speaking to spirit, we are speaking to
                consciousness at whatever level we are currently in.
                I mean one can force it but I imagine that would be a
                part of black magic.

                Well, these are my thoughts today,

                Finding fabulous fares is fun.
              • write3chairs
                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 4, 2007
                  --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, dottie zold wrote:

                  > Hi Friends,
                  >
                  > I wanted to share a few thoughts that I have been
                  > working on that have to do with how we interact with
                  > one another once we reach a certain level of soul mood
                  > with another or even maybe within oneself.
                  >
                  > It seems to me that one can have an ongoing conscious
                  > relationship through the spirit. And what is
                  > interesting is that, well pardon what I do not express
                  > appropriately in anthroposophical terms, it is in the
                  > inbetween space, the same place where we build our
                  > pictures, we can interact from that same area. It's a
                  > place where the 'feel/seeing' ...oh the heart organ is
                  > also a listening organ, not just a developing picture
                  > organ of consciousness but also a listening, real
                  > spirit to spirit interaction.
                  >
                  > What I find interesting is that although we can
                  > interact, have conversation, in this area, this does
                  > not mean that we are working from some higher level of
                  > existance. For example its not that someone has
                  > reached Spirit Self or whathaveyou. We are still who
                  > we are in this realm with all our faults and
                  > strengths. It's just the area where we are building
                  > the new organ of perception, the thinking heart. And
                  > working on this organ, specifically with the antipathy
                  > and sympathy exercises really allows one to form these
                  > petals.
                  >
                  > Rudolf Steiner speaks of the need to make sure that we
                  > work on the twelve petal organ of the area. He shares
                  > that if this organ/chakra is not at first worked on
                  > then all the rest will be faltering. And I imagine
                  > that these years on line have really allowed me to
                  > work on this organ:) as I kept trying to be
                  > accountable for my words. Always Tarjei was my
                  > strengthg in showing up another day even while I may
                  > have been cringing. But the work pays off. It pays off
                  > to fall and then try and get back up and face the
                  > music. It builds a good character within us. If we
                  > just fall and then turn to blame and shame we not only
                  > harm ourselves but our future capacity to build this
                  > organ. But its a minute by minute process it seems.
                  >
                  > I wondered if maybe we can speak with everyone in this
                  > manner of interacting and it seems to me that no we
                  > can not, not on a conscious level. It's not that we
                  > are speaking to spirit, we are speaking to
                  > consciousness at whatever level we are currently in.
                  > I mean one can force it but I imagine that would be a
                  > part of black magic.
                  >
                  > Well, these are my thoughts today,

                  Hi, Dottie! This is meaningful, friend. Thank you for
                  sharing it. I go through these cycles, they are almost
                  predictable. Some days, going on seems so pointless!
                  Sore body, fried mind, wounded spirit.... What's
                  the use? SSDD. Nothing seems to change. And yet
                  even as I say that, change is everywhere, including
                  inside of me. Transformation is such a beautiful thing,
                  yet it can seem terrible, too. I've been reading about
                  trauma victims lately, people who have suffered terrible
                  tragedies and yet they didn't let these things ruin
                  their lives. Here are some names: Mike Wallace, Deena
                  Metzger, Andre Dubus, Armando Valladares, Max Cleand,
                  Jeb Stuart Magruder, Donna Jenkins, Anne Capute,
                  Harold Kushner, Nackey Loeb, Patti Dean, Alie Wiesel.
                  Their stories are all included in this wonderful book,
                  "Undaunted Spirits: Portraits of Recovery from Trauma,"
                  by Mary Baures. She has a beautiful website, too.
                  It includes a gallery of her artwork as well as other
                  inspiring pages, including this one, about using
                  creativity to heal trauma and loss:
                  http://www.marybaures.com/usingcreativity.htm
                  Like you say, so much thinking heart work is needed....

                  Jennifer
                • write3chairs
                  Message 8 of 14 , Apr 4, 2007
                    Should have spell checked first. Corrections below.

                    > I've been reading about trauma victims lately, people
                    > who have suffered terrible tragedies and yet they didn't
                    > let these things ruin their lives. Here are some names:

                    Mike Wallace, Deena Metzger, Andre Dubus, Armando Valladares,
                    Max Cleland, Jeb Stuart Magruder, Donna Jenkins, Anne Capute,
                    Harold Kushner, Nackey Loeb, Patti Dean, Elie Wiesel.