RE: Conniption

  • Jo Ann Schwartz
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 2 9:33 AM
      --- Frank Smith wrote:
      > "Conniption"? I knew that word, but haven't heard it
      > in ten dogs' ages. It was common when I was a kid in
      > Bklyn. Does it exist, really? I looked it up and it
      > DOES: "N.American informal - a fit of hysterics or
      > rage. ORIGIN: prob. an invented word. " Thanks for the
      > memory, Dottie, although it doesn't have much to do
      > with the Black Madonna.

      Yo, Cisco!

      Must depend on where you're from. I still hear it from
      time to time here on the Midwest Coast.

      Merrily,
      JoAnn

      ~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
      "Life's short and we never have enough time for the hearts of those who travel the way with us. O, be swift to love! Make haste to be kind." --Henri-Frederic Amiel
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 2 9:35 AM
        And another thing while I"m at it:) I've noted three women that I
        can consider to be interesting:

        Lott's wife turned into Salt. Salt is a very very big thing.
        My question's are:

        'why isn't she named'?
        'what is her relationship with Abraham?
        'who is Lott in the story of the All?

        Miriam, Moses' sister, is one considered to be the one whom the
        Israelites looked to in the dessert. It was considered the water was
        with them because she was there. When she was turned into a leper,
        white as snow, (thinking of salt here) it is said by the Rabbi's
        that the people refused to move until she was brought back into the
        camp and therefore healed by God. When she died the water was no
        longer available to the Jewish people. And unto this day it is
        considered that the well is still dried.

        Where we find the water again is with the woman at the well in the
        story of Christ. Rudolf Steiner states that this woman was the first
        who went foward and had people believe according solely to her word.
        I find that she is the Magdalene. OR at the very least the
        representative of the mysteries that lead up to the Magdalene being
        able to see the Christ at the Resurrection.

        So my question is:
        What does Salt have to do with this?
        Who is Lott's wife and is there a continuation story here with the
        woman at the well?
        If so who still is Lot.

        And so we have two women so far in two stories with two prominant
        men who were turned into something white: both as a punishment. One
        with Abraham and one with Moses: both not wives of the men. I wonder
        if we would find out that Lott's wife was a sister of Abraham? or at
        the very least very closely connected. And if so how can we find
        out? Where is there further literature on this woman?

        And then we have the Magdalene in Jesus' time. It is she who is
        shown to be going through all kinds of trials and tribulations just
        like the wife of Lott and also the sister of Moses, Miriam. And
        although its not noted where she is turned into anything white, we
        do have the blood issues healed. And that is then purity as far as I
        understand it in my studies. And that would mean she was working
        with the Christ on a very intimate level due to what we term in
        Anthroposophy as the etherization of the blood. This is my
        understanding. I think we can look at STeiner's word as to what
        happens when we have blood etherization. And there is only one
        person in the bible so noted as being a part of this mystery. Well,
        if we also look at the Mother at the Wedding of Cana we can see
        another thing with the blood there as well. I wonder if there is a
        third...oh, maybe the blood of Christ flowing down into the earth.
        Maybe that is the third part of the mystery.

        The Rabbis say that Miriam, Moses' sister, was the young girl who
        put him into the water of the Nile. And it is said by the Rabbis
        that the Mother of Miriam, and Moses, was a midwife along with her
        daughter. Now that is a very interesting telling sign of the mystery
        of Moses and the ladies. I will see if I can find the story that
        speaks to this as a legend in the Jewish midrash. There is the
        implication, not that it was due to the boy children being killed,
        but that the father of Moses did not want him. I shall find this
        legend for you all.

        I have so many more questions and thoughts on this mystery of the
        Magdalene, the Kwan Yin, the Anthroposophia. And it's also
        interesting to me that the Kwan Yin really makes an emergence in the
        fourth century. This is just before everything goes underground and
        is cut out by the Church. Something occurs during this fourth
        century that still has to be discovered.

        All good things,
        Dottie
      • Frank Smith
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 2 10:45 AM
          --- dottie zold <dottie_z@...> wrote:

          > Well my friend Frank Thomas Smith, on the Black
          > Madonna and Anthroposophia much was to be
          > experienced
          > and understood this weekend: the older petitionary
          > relationship to the Black Madonna and the new
          > 'better
          > get your ass in gear' relationship :) to
          > Anthroposophia. :OOO

          Dottie dear, just because I extract only one word from
          your post (coniption) doesn't mean that I haven't read
          all and appreciate it.
          Btw, was that the title of Dennis' workshop? (better
          get your ass in gear...)
          Frank

          Frank Thomas Smith
          http://SouthernCrossReview.org

          8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time
        • Frank Smith
          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 2 10:47 AM
            --- Jo Ann Schwartz <sr_joanna@...> wrote:

            > --- Frank Smith wrote:
            > > "Conniption"? I knew that word, but haven't heard
            > it
            > > in ten dogs' ages. It was common when I was a kid
            > in
            > > Bklyn. Does it exist, really? I looked it up and
            > it
            > > DOES: "N.American informal - a fit of hysterics or
            > > rage. ORIGIN: prob. an invented word. " Thanks for
            > the
            > > memory, Dottie, although it doesn't have much to
            > do
            > > with the Black Madonna.
            >
            > Yo, Cisco!
            >
            > Must depend on where you're from. I still hear it
            > from
            > time to time here on the Midwest Coast.

            Yeah? well then at least we know that Dottie didn't
            invent it.

            Frank Thomas Smith
            http://SouthernCrossReview.org

            TV dinner still cooling?
            http://tv.yahoo.com/
            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 3 12:04 AM
              You know, a really big eye opener this weekend was the
              thought Mr. Klocek shared that the Will is
              unrecognized feelings. I mean is that an incredible
              thought. If we looked at our feelings in this manner
              and were conscious about them, whew, aint' no telling
              what type of change we would have going on for
              ourselves not to mention the world.

              Bored stiff? Loosen up...
              http://games.yahoo.com/games/front
            • write3chairs
              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 3 9:36 AM
                --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, Frank Smith wrote:

                > "Conniption"? I knew that word, but haven't heard it
                > in ten dogs' ages. It was common when I was a kid in
                > Bklyn. Does it exist, really? I looked it up and it
                > DOES: "N.American informal - a fit of hysterics or
                > rage. ORIGIN: prob. an invented word. " Thanks for the
                > memory, Dottie, although it doesn't have much to do
                > with the Black Madonna.
                > Frank

                I wonder now about the difference between a conniption
                fit and a hissy fit. Hissy fits seem to be limited to
                females, though, isn't that correct? I've never heard
                of a man having a hissy. I guess conniption is gender-
                free, eh? If I were to choose my fit, it would be hissy.

                Cheers,
                Jennifer

                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 3 12:15 PM
                  Hi Friends,

                  I wanted to share a few thoughts that I have been
                  working on that have to do with how we interact with
                  one another once we reach a certain level of soul mood
                  with another or even maybe within oneself.

                  It seems to me that one can have an ongoing conscious
                  relationship through the spirit. And what is
                  interesting is that, well pardon what I do not express
                  appropriately in anthroposophical terms, it is in the
                  inbetween space, the same place where we build our
                  pictures, we can interact from that same area. It's a
                  place where the 'feel/seeing' ...oh the heart organ is
                  also a listening organ, not just a developing picture
                  organ of consciousness but also a listening, real
                  spirit to spirit interaction.

                  What I find interesting is that although we can
                  interact, have conversation, in this area, this does
                  not mean that we are working from some higher level of
                  existance. For example its not that someone has
                  reached Spirit Self or whathaveyou. We are still who
                  we are in this realm with all our faults and
                  strengths. It's just the area where we are building
                  the new organ of perception, the thinking heart. And
                  working on this organ, specifically with the antipathy
                  and sympathy exercises really allows one to form these
                  petals.

                  Rudolf Steiner speaks of the need to make sure that we
                  work on the twelve petal organ of the area. He shares
                  that if this organ/chakra is not at first worked on
                  then all the rest will be faltering. And I imagine
                  that these years on line have really allowed me to
                  work on this organ:) as I kept trying to be
                  accountable for my words. Always Tarjei was my
                  strengthg in showing up another day even while I may
                  have been cringing. But the work pays off. It pays off
                  to fall and then try and get back up and face the
                  music. It builds a good character within us. If we
                  just fall and then turn to blame and shame we not only
                  harm ourselves but our future capacity to build this
                  organ. But its a minute by minute process it seems.

                  I wondered if maybe we can speak with everyone in this
                  manner of interacting and it seems to me that no we
                  can not, not on a conscious level. It's not that we
                  are speaking to spirit, we are speaking to
                  consciousness at whatever level we are currently in.
                  I mean one can force it but I imagine that would be a
                  part of black magic.

                  Well, these are my thoughts today,

                  Finding fabulous fares is fun.
                • write3chairs
                  Message 8 of 14 , Apr 4 8:56 AM
                    --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, dottie zold wrote:

                    > Hi Friends,
                    >
                    > I wanted to share a few thoughts that I have been
                    > working on that have to do with how we interact with
                    > one another once we reach a certain level of soul mood
                    > with another or even maybe within oneself.
                    >
                    > It seems to me that one can have an ongoing conscious
                    > relationship through the spirit. And what is
                    > interesting is that, well pardon what I do not express
                    > appropriately in anthroposophical terms, it is in the
                    > inbetween space, the same place where we build our
                    > pictures, we can interact from that same area. It's a
                    > place where the 'feel/seeing' ...oh the heart organ is
                    > also a listening organ, not just a developing picture
                    > organ of consciousness but also a listening, real
                    > spirit to spirit interaction.
                    >
                    > What I find interesting is that although we can
                    > interact, have conversation, in this area, this does
                    > not mean that we are working from some higher level of
                    > existance. For example its not that someone has
                    > reached Spirit Self or whathaveyou. We are still who
                    > we are in this realm with all our faults and
                    > strengths. It's just the area where we are building
                    > the new organ of perception, the thinking heart. And
                    > working on this organ, specifically with the antipathy
                    > and sympathy exercises really allows one to form these
                    > petals.
                    >
                    > Rudolf Steiner speaks of the need to make sure that we
                    > work on the twelve petal organ of the area. He shares
                    > that if this organ/chakra is not at first worked on
                    > then all the rest will be faltering. And I imagine
                    > that these years on line have really allowed me to
                    > work on this organ:) as I kept trying to be
                    > accountable for my words. Always Tarjei was my
                    > strengthg in showing up another day even while I may
                    > have been cringing. But the work pays off. It pays off
                    > to fall and then try and get back up and face the
                    > music. It builds a good character within us. If we
                    > just fall and then turn to blame and shame we not only
                    > harm ourselves but our future capacity to build this
                    > organ. But its a minute by minute process it seems.
                    >
                    > I wondered if maybe we can speak with everyone in this
                    > manner of interacting and it seems to me that no we
                    > can not, not on a conscious level. It's not that we
                    > are speaking to spirit, we are speaking to
                    > consciousness at whatever level we are currently in.
                    > I mean one can force it but I imagine that would be a
                    > part of black magic.
                    >
                    > Well, these are my thoughts today,

                    Hi, Dottie! This is meaningful, friend. Thank you for
                    sharing it. I go through these cycles, they are almost
                    predictable. Some days, going on seems so pointless!
                    Sore body, fried mind, wounded spirit.... What's
                    the use? SSDD. Nothing seems to change. And yet
                    even as I say that, change is everywhere, including
                    inside of me. Transformation is such a beautiful thing,
                    yet it can seem terrible, too. I've been reading about
                    trauma victims lately, people who have suffered terrible
                    tragedies and yet they didn't let these things ruin
                    their lives. Here are some names: Mike Wallace, Deena
                    Metzger, Andre Dubus, Armando Valladares, Max Cleand,
                    Jeb Stuart Magruder, Donna Jenkins, Anne Capute,
                    Harold Kushner, Nackey Loeb, Patti Dean, Alie Wiesel.
                    Their stories are all included in this wonderful book,
                    "Undaunted Spirits: Portraits of Recovery from Trauma,"
                    by Mary Baures. She has a beautiful website, too.
                    It includes a gallery of her artwork as well as other
                    inspiring pages, including this one, about using
                    creativity to heal trauma and loss:
                    http://www.marybaures.com/usingcreativity.htm
                    Like you say, so much thinking heart work is needed....

                    Jennifer
                  • write3chairs
                    Message 9 of 14 , Apr 4 9:02 AM
                      Should have spell checked first. Corrections below.

                      > I've been reading about trauma victims lately, people
                      > who have suffered terrible tragedies and yet they didn't
                      > let these things ruin their lives. Here are some names:

                      Mike Wallace, Deena Metzger, Andre Dubus, Armando Valladares,
                      Max Cleland, Jeb Stuart Magruder, Donna Jenkins, Anne Capute,
                      Harold Kushner, Nackey Loeb, Patti Dean, Elie Wiesel.