Baiting Mr Lightsearcher

  • Tarjei Straume
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 9, 2007
      A little while back, I wrote:

      "My understanding is that there is no war on terror. It's never been.
      It's a hoax. Not only did the US create Osama bin Laden and his
      terror network, now they're funneling huge amounts of money, most of
      it stolen from the Iraqis who are starving and dying, to Al Qaeda and
      insurgents so they can do America's dirty work by making trouble with
      the Iranians. Everything they're doing is fostering terrorism and
      increasing the terror threat, but they don't give a damn because
      they're terrorists themselves, kindred spirits."

      Whereupon Mr. Lightsearcher responded:

      "That is correct so you can go back to sleep now.
      There is no war on terror, and that is the reason
      why this particular terror beast can awaken in Oslo -"

      And then he quotes from the news:

      "Two out of three charged with rape in Norway's capital are
      immigrants with a non-western background according to a police study."

      Let's analyze this, shall we? The Bush-administration has invaded
      Irak with the alleged purpose of combatting terrorism. By terrorism
      is meant people who blow up themselves and shopping malls, discos,
      railway stations, skyjack airplanes and fly them into buildings, and
      perhaps carry suitcases with dirty bombs, little nukes. Mr.
      Lightsearcher, however, has a different definition of terrorism; it
      makes him think of street crime.

      Here is an item from the New York Times today:

      http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/09/us/09crime.html?_r=1&hp&oref=slogin
      (login required)

      Violent Crime in Cities Shows Sharp Surge
      By KATE ZERNIKE
      Published: March 9, 2007

      "Violent crime rose by double-digit percentages in cities across the
      country over the last two years, reversing the declines of the
      mid-to-late 1990s, according to a new report by a prominent national
      law enforcement association."

      "While overall crime has been declining nationwide, police officials
      have been warning of a rise in murder, robbery and gun assaults since
      late 2005, particularly in midsize cities and the Midwest. Now, they
      say, two years of data indicates that the spike is more than an aberration."

      So, Mr. Lightsearcher, what are all the troops doing in Iraq when
      what you call "this particular terror beast" is alive and kicking in
      US cities? What about those hawkish deterrants like death penalty and
      throw-away-the-key - ? Don't they work?

      Admit it, Mr. Lightsearcher, you're off target with your definition
      of terrorism when you conflate it with street crime and with rape.
      Admit it, Mr. Lightsearcher, if a rapist is white, he is just a
      rapist according to your definition, but if he is black or Asian (=
      an immigrant with a non-western background), he is a terrorist. In
      other words, your definition of a terrorist is basically a question
      of racial-ethnic origin, isn't it? And that does make you a racist,
      doesn't it? Why else did you try to discredit Martin Luther King on
      the very holiday named after him?

      Now Mr. Lightsearcher, instead of just doing your one-liners with
      irrelevant and nonsensical copy-and-paste, why not defend what you've
      posted here and engage in a proper discussion regarding your cause?
      Wasn't Tim McVeigh a terrorist to you because he was a white Christian?

      And how come the Republican no-nonsense, brutal approach to crime has
      the opposite effect? And how can you explain that US troops are in
      the Middle East in order to fight against rapists in Oslo's back
      alleys as you seem to allege, when US soldiers commit rape and other
      war crimes in Iraq? Please please, Mr. Lightsearcher, explain all
      this, will ya? I'm baiting you, ye year?

      Tarjei
    • Mike helsher
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 9, 2007
        thanks T

        I wrote a post to this same idea and it got eaten before I could send
        it. I asked Him to refute the mountains of evidence that Noam Chomsky
        has accumulated over the years, as to the largest terrosist
        organization in the world. Millions of people dead in the name of
        american style freedumb, either directly or indirectly, while a
        business partner does the dirty work. and oh I can hear the duelistic
        simpilton accusation "your a blame america first freak" already. No,
        I'm a "look at this stupid duelistic thinking and the horror that it
        spews all over the world no matter what good/bad guy side your on,
        freak."

        A non "emotionally potent over simplification" of the facts, would be
        nice, Mr Lightsearcher, that you've found to show that My Chomsky is
        a lier and a member of the evil doers that should be exterminated.

        Mike

        <straume@...> wrote:

        > A little while back, I wrote:
        >
        > "My understanding is that there is no war on terror. It's never
        been.
        > It's a hoax. Not only did the US create Osama bin Laden and his
        > terror network, now they're funneling huge amounts of money, most
        of
        > it stolen from the Iraqis who are starving and dying, to Al Qaeda
        and
        > insurgents so they can do America's dirty work by making trouble
        with
        > the Iranians. Everything they're doing is fostering terrorism and
        > increasing the terror threat, but they don't give a damn because
        > they're terrorists themselves, kindred spirits."
        >
        > Whereupon Mr. Lightsearcher responded:
        >
        > "That is correct so you can go back to sleep now.
        > There is no war on terror, and that is the reason
        > why this particular terror beast can awaken in Oslo -"
        >
        > And then he quotes from the news:
        >
        > "Two out of three charged with rape in Norway's capital are
        > immigrants with a non-western background according to a police
        study."

        > Let's analyze this, shall we? The Bush-administration has invaded
        > Irak with the alleged purpose of combatting terrorism. By terrorism
        > is meant people who blow up themselves and shopping malls, discos,
        > railway stations, skyjack airplanes and fly them into buildings,
        and
        > perhaps carry suitcases with dirty bombs, little nukes. Mr.
        > Lightsearcher, however, has a different definition of terrorism; it
        > makes him think of street crime.
        >
        > Here is an item from the New York Times today:
        >
        > http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/09/us/09crime.html?
        _r=1&hp&oref=slogin
        > (login required)
        >
        > Violent Crime in Cities Shows Sharp Surge
        > By KATE ZERNIKE
        > Published: March 9, 2007
        >
        > "Violent crime rose by double-digit percentages in cities across
        the
        > country over the last two years, reversing the declines of the
        > mid-to-late 1990s, according to a new report by a prominent
        national
        > law enforcement association."
        >
        > "While overall crime has been declining nationwide, police
        officials
        > have been warning of a rise in murder, robbery and gun assaults
        since
        > late 2005, particularly in midsize cities and the Midwest. Now,
        they
        > say, two years of data indicates that the spike is more than an
        aberration."

        **

        > So, Mr. Lightsearcher, what are all the troops doing in Iraq when
        > what you call "this particular terror beast" is alive and kicking
        in
        > US cities? What about those hawkish deterrants like death penalty
        and
        > throw-away-the-key - ? Don't they work?
        >
        > Admit it, Mr. Lightsearcher, you're off target with your definition
        > of terrorism when you conflate it with street crime and with rape.
        > Admit it, Mr. Lightsearcher, if a rapist is white, he is just a
        > rapist according to your definition, but if he is black or Asian (=
        > an immigrant with a non-western background), he is a terrorist. In
        > other words, your definition of a terrorist is basically a question
        > of racial-ethnic origin, isn't it? And that does make you a racist,
        > doesn't it? Why else did you try to discredit Martin Luther King on
        > the very holiday named after him?
        >
        > Now Mr. Lightsearcher, instead of just doing your one-liners with
        > irrelevant and nonsensical copy-and-paste, why not defend what
        you've
        > posted here and engage in a proper discussion regarding your cause?
        > Wasn't Tim McVeigh a terrorist to you because he was a white
        Christian?

        > And how come the Republican no-nonsense, brutal approach to crime
        has
        > the opposite effect? And how can you explain that US troops are in
        > the Middle East in order to fight against rapists in Oslo's back
        > alleys as you seem to allege, when US soldiers commit rape and
        other
        > war crimes in Iraq? Please please, Mr. Lightsearcher, explain all
        > this, will ya? I'm baiting you, ye year?
        >
        > Tarjei

      • Mike helsher
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 9, 2007
          I wrote:

          > A non "emotionally potent over simplification" of the facts, would
          be
          > nice, Mr Lightsearcher, that you've found to show that My Chomsky
          is
          > a lier and a member of the evil doers that should be exterminated.
          >
          > Mike

          Humm... that sounds a little over the top in the old "codependant"
          department...:-)

          He's not "My Chomsky"! (though it might be cool to have a little
          stuffed Chomsky doll, with a catch phrase pull string on its back).

          That should read "Mr. Chomsky"!

          Mike
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 12, 2007
            Hey Friends,

            I've been pretty busy lately and I am wanting to see if Tarjei or anyone can help me with a page I need info for regarding Rudolf Steiner on www.anthroposophia.org There is a list of things that are ideas to be covered with writings or links and any suggestions would be most welcome. Any problems with anything inappropriate would be welcomed to hear as well.

            Mr. Mason posted a link in Dutch about the police over in Dornach. On the anthroposophia website there is a link to a response to this happening: http://www.goetheanum.org/797.html?&L=1&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=482&tx_ttnews[backPid]=45&cHash=33cba834e3

            Just a lot of busy work that seems to be trying to tear at the fabric of those trying to hold the position Rudolf Steiner put in place in regards to the Vorstand.

            Hope all is well,

            in 45,000 destinations on Yahoo! Travel
            to find your fit.
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 12, 2007
              bytheway some things are outdated and are being changed and the roses, well, the roses will also find a new home too. Whew, d

              dottie zold <dottie_z@...> wrote:
              Hey Friends,

              I've been pretty busy lately and I am wanting to see if Tarjei or anyone can help me with a page I need info for regarding Rudolf Steiner on www.anthroposophia. org There is a list of things that are ideas to be covered with writings or links and any suggestions would be most welcome. Any problems with anything inappropriate would be welcomed to hear as well.

              Mr. Mason posted a link in Dutch about the police over in Dornach. On the anthroposophia website there is a link to a response to this happening: http://www.goethean um.org/797. html?&L=1&tx_ttnews[tt_ news]=482&tx_ttnews[backPid] =45&cHash=33cba834e3

              Just a lot of busy work that seems to be trying to tear at the fabric of those trying to hold the position Rudolf Steiner put in place in regards to the Vorstand.

              Hope all is well,

              with theYahoo! Search weather shortcut.

              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 13, 2007
                Hey Everyone,

                A little patience for me if you will. For those interested I will be putting forth a welcoming letter noting when the Anthroposophia Study group will begin. As some of you have been checking out the site and finding a few things that need attention I want to say that I appreciate any and all feedback. I also want to share some of the basics here as many of you have contacted me with wanting to sign up.

                So.....there will be an editor:)))) Just teasing, but there will be:)

                The study group will begin the first Sunday after Easter ~ Sunday, April 15th. I believe it will be 3pm West Coast time, Noon East Coast time, 2pm Midwest.

                We will be attempting something that I have not done before, nor any members of the moderating staff. We will be working with something called Skype. This can be googled and then downloaded onto the computer. It is completely free. (Xandor, myself, Adriana, and Daniel, were able to converse this Sunday past and it was really great) You will need a mic, headphones, (these come together in a package, I reccommend something from the Skype line, I purchased mine at Best Buy for $59.00) Please make sure your computer has the capacity to plug these things in. I do believe most computers have either a USB cable or  a telephone jack.

                We can get up to 100 people on line either texting or calling. Anyone having problems with signing up with Skype please contact me at dottie_z@... for right now. We are currently having my email info for anthroposphia.org worked on.

                To join the Study group please go to the Forum section on the site. Here you can sign up and then we'll send out an announcement as to how this is going to work. You will need a reference for joining the group. It is a private group and I am working to create a safe space where friends can interact without finding their stuff on other lists without their permission. We'll figure all this out along the way.

                I am interested in having a Poetry page so anyone with poetry I would love for you to submit me your things and I will get them linked. Same thing with artists.

                All good things,
                Dottie

                Get your own web address.
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 13, 2007

                  Okay, so there is skype. Click on the link and you can download it. Whether or not you want to join the study group it is a really great tool for communication and free. You must be careful however to not dial rather click on the picture of the friends you have put into your Contact list. If you see a running ticker that means you will be charged for the call. I was wondering 'hmmm, what is that thing running for:)))) and then Daniel said 'QUICK! no, just teasing.

                  All good things,
                  Dottie

                  Never miss an email again!
                  Yahoo! Toolbar