Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Roots of terrorism

  • Tarjei Straume
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 4, 2007
      My understanding is that there is no war on terror. It's never been.
      It's a hoax. Not only did the US create Osama bin Laden and his
      terror network, now they're funneling huge amounts of money, most of
      it stolen from the Iraqis who are starving and dying, to Al Qaeda and
      insurgents so they can do America's dirty work by making trouble with
      the Iranians. Everything they're doing is fostering terrorism and
      increasing the terror threat, but they don't give a damn because
      they're terrorists themselves, kindred spirits.

      The hoax is most evident when you hear some innocent, charming,
      lovable pro-Establishment people like Dr. Phil or Oprah saying that
      the brave men and women in uniform are out there ramboing in harm's
      way in order for those left behind to sleep secure in their homes.
      That is pure unadulterated bullshit, but that kind of line gets a
      big, big applause every time, sometimes standing ovations. It's even
      been on the corporate news time and time again that Iraq had no WMD's
      - and if they had, the US would never have attacked; they never
      attack countries with WMD's. It's also been all over the news that
      there was no link between Iraq and 9/11 or any other terrorism
      against Western targets. And yet, they all talk as if the invaders
      are in Iraq to stop terrorism, that they went in there to stop
      terrorism. To keep America safe, they keep saying.

      In "nineteen eighty-four," George Orwell defined "doublethink" as the
      ability to hold two mutually contradictory notions at the same time.
      That seems to be what's happening.

      Tarjei

      Jennifer shared:

      >The War on Terror Is the Leading Cause of Terrorism
      >By Kim Sengupta and Patrick Cockburn, The Independent UK. Posted
      >March 1, 2007.
    • lightsearcher1
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 4, 2007
        - Tarjei Straume <straume@...> wrote:

        > My understanding is that
        > there is no war on terror.

        That is correct so you can go back to sleep now.
        There is no war on terror, and that is the reason
        why this particular terror beast can awaken in Oslo -

        "The growth in the number of rapes is dramatic,"
        said Sylvi Listhaug, the politician in charge of
        health issues on the Oslo City Council. "It makes
        me angry, and worried about the young women
        of our city."

        http://www.aftenposten.no/english/local/article1567514.ece

        ::::::::::::::::::::::::

        Oslo rape statistics shock

        Two out of three charged with rape in Norway's
        capital are immigrants with a non-western back-
        ground according to a police study. The number
        of rape cases is also rising steadily.

        The study is the first where the crime statistics
        have been analyzed according to ethnic origin.

        Of the 111 charged with rape in Oslo last year, 72
        were of non-western ethnic origin, 25 are classified
        as Norwegian or western and 14 are listed as unknown.

        http://www.aftenposten.no/english/local/article190268.ece

        ::::::::::::::::::::::::

        The reported number of rapes in the Scandinavian
        Shangri-la of Oslo is now SIX times as high per capita
        as in New York City in America.

        (Don't forget that is only the <Reported> number. Muslim
        women just do not report rapes very often -- even when
        it is a woman's own fault as Professor Wikan clearly
        indicates in my next section.)

        http://oslopuls.no/nyheter/article1567134.ece

        ::::::::::::::::::::::::

        > Jennifer shared:

        > The War on Terror Is the Leading
        > Cause of Terrorism
        > By Kim Sengupta and Patrick Cockburn,
        > The Independent UK / March 1, 2007.

        Jennifer is spot on here !

        Just as the West must be the agent responsible for
        causing Muslim terror, in parallel fashion it must
        be the case that those alluring Norwegian coquettes
        are responsible for getting themselves raped since
        it is surely their own fault -- at least according to
        the diseased thinking of the liberal mind:

        Unni Wikan, a professor of social anthropology
        at the University of Oslo, in 2001 said that:

        "Norwegian women must take their share of
        responsibility for these rapes" because Muslim
        men found their manner of dress provocative.
        The professor's conclusion was not that Muslim
        men living in the West needed to adjust to Western
        norms, but the exact opposite: "Norwegian women
        must realize that we live in a Multicultural
        society and adapt themselves to it."

        http://www.answers.com/topic/unni-wikan

        ::::::::::::::::::::::::

        That is the new EU-topia that slouches toward
        Brussels to be born -- oops, too late on that,
        unfortunately.

        ::::::::::::::::::::::::
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 4, 2007
          Excuse me, Mr. searcher of light and love and all wonderful things,
          how do you connect rape statistics with terrorism or war on terror?
          What exactly is your point? We just discussed Ted Bundy and other
          serial killers. Are these rapists and serial cannibals conducting some
          sort of war against terror somewhere? Could you please explain?

          Tarjei

          lightsearcher1 wrote:

          > "The growth in the number of rapes is dramatic,"
          > said Sylvi Listhaug, the politician in charge of
          > health issues on the Oslo City Council. "It makes
          > me angry, and worried about the young women
          > of our city."
        • write3chairs
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 5, 2007
            Was just listening to this song and thought to share it here.

            Enjoy. :)

            Cheers,
            Jennifer

            http://youtube.com/watch?v=zQqPC5fttQM

            My Friend
            by JIMI HENDRIX

            Hey, look out for my glass up there, man!
            That's my drink, man, that's my drink, alright...
            Make it a double, or eh...
            Somebody has to sing
            Some body will sing?
            Somebody will sing, right?
            (I don't know!)

            Y'all pass me that bottle,
            And I'll sing you all a real song
            Yeah!
            Let me get my key, ahum!

            Well, I'm looking through Harlem
            my stomach squeal just a little more
            A stagecouch full of feathers and footprints,
            pulls up to soap¨box door
            Now a lady with a pearl¨handled necktie
            Tied to the driver's fence
            breathes in my face,
            bourbon and coke possessed words
            & quot;Haven't I seen you somewhere in hell,
            or was it just an accident?"
            (You know how I felt then, and so:)

            Before I could ask "was it the East or West side?"
            my feet they howled in pain
            The wheels of a bandwagon cut very deep,
            but not as deep in my mind as the rain
            And as they pulled away I could see her words
            Stagger and fall on my muddy tent
            Well I picked them up, brushed them off,
            to see what they say,
            and you wouldn't believe:
            `Come around to my room, with the tooth in the middle,
            and bring along the bottle and a president'

            And eh sometimes it's not so easy, baby
            Especially when your only friend,
            talks, sees, looks and feels like you,
            and you do just the same as him
            (Gets very lonely up this road, baby)
            (Yeah, hmmm, yeah)
            (Got more to say!)

            Well I'm riding through LA (huh),
            on a bicycle built for fools
            And I seen one of my old buddies
            And he say, "you don't look the way you usually do"
            I say, "well, some people look like a coin-box"
            He say, "look like you ain't got no coins to spare"
            And I laid back and I thought to myself, and I said this:
            I just picked up my pride from underneath the pay phone,
            and combed this breath right out of my hair
            And sometimes it's not so easy
            Especially when your only friend
            talk, sees, looks and feels like you,
            and you do just the same as him

            just got out of a Scandinavian jail,
            and I'm on my way straight home to you
            But I feel so dizzy I take a quick look in the mirror,
            to make sure my friend's here with me too
            And you know good well I don't drink coffee,
            so you fill my cup full of sand
            And the frozen tea leaves on the bottom
            Sharing lipstick around the broken edge
            And my coat that you let your dog lay by the fire on
            And your cat he attacked me from his pill box ledge
            And I thought you were my friend too
            Man, my shadow comes in line before you
            I'm finding out that it's eh not so easy
            Specially when your only friend
            Talks, looks, sees and feels like you,
            and you do the same just like him

            (Lord it's so lonely here, hmmm, yeah)
            Yeah!
            (Pass me that bottle over there...)
            Yeah, yeah, okay...
          • kmlightseeker
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 5, 2007
              Tarjei wrote:

              > My understanding is that there is no war on terror. It's never been.
              > It's a hoax. Not only did the US create Osama bin Laden and his
              > terror network, now they're funneling huge amounts of money, most of
              > it stolen from the Iraqis who are starving and dying, to Al Qaeda and
              > insurgents so they can do America's dirty work by making trouble with
              > the Iranians. Everything they're doing is fostering terrorism and
              > increasing the terror threat, but they don't give a damn because
              > they're terrorists themselves, kindred spirits.

              Yes, it's very convenient for them:

              http://www.archive.org/details/ThePowerOfNightmares

              http://www.abc.net.au/lateline/content/2007/s1857773.htm

              > The hoax is most evident when you hear some innocent, charming,
              > lovable pro-Establishment people like Dr. Phil or Oprah saying that
              > the brave men and women in uniform are out there ramboing in harm's
              > way in order for those left behind to sleep secure in their homes.
              > That is pure unadulterated bullshit, but that kind of line gets a
              > big, big applause every time, sometimes standing ovations. It's even
              > been on the corporate news time and time again that Iraq had no WMD's
              > - and if they had, the US would never have attacked; they never
              > attack countries with WMD's. It's also been all over the news that
              > there was no link between Iraq and 9/11 or any other terrorism
              > against Western targets. And yet, they all talk as if the invaders
              > are in Iraq to stop terrorism, that they went in there to stop
              > terrorism. To keep America safe, they keep saying.

              This US policy seems to reflect something very similar to what was
              said by Churchill in the 1920s regarding the British Empire:

              "Churchill saw enemies in India and Egypt, as well as Turkey and
              Mesopotamia: "When we see all these movements from so many different
              quarters springing up simultaneously, does it not look as though there
              is a dead set being made against the British Empire?

              It is becoming increasingly clear that all these factions are in touch
              with one another, and that they are acting in concert. In fact, there
              is developing a world-wide conspiracy against our country, designed to
              deprive us of our place in the world and to rob us of the fruits of
              victory."

              But, he promised, these enemies would "feel the weight of the British
              arm. It was strong enough to break the Hindenburg Line, it will be
              strong enough to defend the main interests of the British people, to
              carry us through these stormy times into calmer and brighter days.""

              (Source: http://www.winstonchurchill.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=185 )

              This was Churchill defending the Establishment Status Quo, but he had
              other qualities beyond being a conservative. I mention it because it
              seems so reminiscent, maybe spookily so, of what is being said by the
              latest Empire.

              > In "nineteen eighty-four," George Orwell defined "doublethink" as the
              > ability to hold two mutually contradictory notions at the same time.
              > That seems to be what's happening.

              Like "Cognitive Dissonance"? :)

              > Tarjei
              >
              > Jennifer shared:
              >
              > >The War on Terror Is the Leading Cause of Terrorism
              > >By Kim Sengupta and Patrick Cockburn, The Independent UK. Posted
              > >March 1, 2007.

              Regards,

              Keith
            • Tarjei Straume
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 5, 2007
                Keith wrote:

[...]

                Chalmers Johnson - Author, scholar, professor of international relations at the University of California, San Diego and also President of the Japan Policy Research Institute - is out with a new book: “Nemesis: The Last Days of the American Republic.”

                "By the subtitle, I really do mean it. This is not just hype to sell books -- “The Last Days of the American Republic.” I’m here concerned with a very real, concrete problem in political analysis, namely that the political system of the United States today, history tells us, is one of the most unstable combinations there is -- that is, domestic democracy and foreign empire -- that the choices are stark. A nation can be one or the other, a democracy or an imperialist, but it can't be both. If it sticks to imperialism, it will, like the old Roman Republic, on which so much of our system was modeled, like the old Roman Republic, it will lose its democracy to a domestic dictatorship.

                "I’ve spent some time in the book talking about an alternative, namely that of the British Empire after World War II, in which it made the decision, not perfectly executed by any manner of means, but nonetheless made the decision to give up its empire in order to keep its democracy. It became apparent to the British quite late in the game that they could keep the jewel in their crown, India, only at the expense of administrative massacres, of which they had carried them out often in India. In the wake of the war against Nazism, which had just ended, it became, I think, obvious to the British that in order to retain their empire, they would have to become a tyranny, and they, therefore, I believe, properly chose, admirably chose to give up their empire.

                "As I say, they didn't do it perfectly. There were tremendous atavistic fallbacks in the 1950s in the Anglo, French, Israeli attack on Egypt; in the repression of the Kikuyu -- savage repression, really -- in Kenya; and then, of course, the most obvious and weird atavism of them all, Tony Blair and his enthusiasm for renewed British imperialism in Iraq. But nonetheless, it seems to me that the history of Britain is clear that it gave up its empire in order to remain a democracy. I believe this is something we should be discussing very hard in the United States."

                Come to think of it, this Mr Light, Love, Wisdom, and Compassion Searcher seems very interested in reviving the old empire of the Vikings. It wasn't an empire, it was a band of thieves and plunderers and bullies for whom war was heaven, but that's what Mr Light, Love, Wisdom, and Compassion Searcher who posts here wants to reawaken - through Yours Truly of all people.

                I've really tried to understand this guy. He comes back time and time again to explain why the streets of Oslo need cleaning up - and he doesn't mean broom-cleaning but people-cleaning, getting rid of crime. For some reason, crime in Oslo interests Mr Light, Love, Wisdom, and Compassion Searcher more than crime in New York or Chicago, or Tokyo or New Dehli. And I do keep wondering why, especially because he keeps asking me to do something about it, he addresses his complaints about crime in Oslo "to Tarjei" all the time.

                I do know that Mr Light, Love, Wisdom, and Compassion Searcher is very sore about this part of the world not having the death penalty, that our maximum penalty is 21 years in prison. That worries Mr Light, Love, Wisdom, and Compassion Searcher tremendously, keeping him awake at night (which explains why he wants me to wake up - to keep him company). So he keeps asking me to do something about sdtreet crime in Oslo, by running for public office and proposing more police state tactics, I assume.

                I also know that Mr Light, Love, Wisdom, and Compassion Searcher is worried about the very existence of Muslims, any Muslims, and especially Scandinavian Muslims, so he keeps complaining to me about them. "To Tarjei" he writes every now and then. (He himself doesn't have a name.) That's sweet. I guess he wants me to run for office and get rid of the Nobel Peace Committee to replace it with the Nobel War Committee which would pick Nobel War Prize nominees, which would be more to his liking, and he could sleep better. I think he's worried about the Nobel Peace Prize going to one Muslim after another like it's been doing the last few years, and he wants me to go out and stop it. Those Nobel Peace prizes seem to embarrass Mr Light, Love, Wisdom, and Compassion Searcher, because  according to his bigoted ideology, Muslims are supposed to be terrorists or rapists or both, not Peace Prize laureates. Mr Light, Love, Wisdom, and Compassion Searcher wants us to have a Nobel War Prize instead, to give to people like Ronny Rummy.

                It's not easy to guess what Mr Light, Love, Wisdom, and Compassion Searcher wants, because all he does is copy and paste something or other from time to time, seemingly without motive, rhyme, or reason. So we have to guess. And my guess is that he wants us to be happy, and in order to be happy, we need to realize that happiness is a warm gun. So I'm curiuos about Mr Light, Love, Wisdom, and Compassion Searcher's NRA membership, how often he practices his shooting, if he knows how to crack skulls with a baseball bat and so on. He wants me to go out there and crack some skulls in the streets of Oslo, but is he setting a good example, is he a proper role model to be emulated? Impossible to tell, because he won't even tell us who he is, even after all these years.

                Happiness Is A Warm Gun

                (The Beatles)

                She's not a girl who misses much
                do do do do do do, oh yeah

                She's well acquainted with the touch of the velvet hand like a lizard on a window pane.
                The man in the crowd with the multi-colored mirrors on his hobnail boots.
                Lying with his eyes while his hands are busy working overtime.
                A soap impression of his wife which he ate and donated to the National Trust.

                I need a fix 'cause I'm going down
                down to the bits that I left uptown
                I need a fix 'cause I'm going down

                Mother Superior jump the gun
                Mother Superior jump the gun
                Mother Superior jump the gun
                Mother Superior jump the gun

                Happiness is a warm gun (bang bang shoot shoot)
                Happiness is a warm gun, mama (bang bang shoot shoot)
                When I hold you in my arms (oh, yeah)
                And I feel my finger on your trigger (oh, yeah)
                I know nobody can do me no harm (oh, yeah)
                Because, (happiness) is a warm gun, mama (bang bang shoot shoot)
                Happiness is a warm gun, yes it is (bang bang shoot shoot)

                Happiness is a warm, yes it is, gun
                Happiness (bang bang shoot shoot)

                Well don't you know that happiness (happiness) is a warm gun, (is a warm gun, yeah).

                (1968 Northern Songs, Ltd.)

                Sweet dreams as always,