Re: The Historical Evidence for an Esoteric Jesus

  • kmlightseeker
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 22, 2007
      Hi Dottie,

      dottie wrote:

      > Hi Keith,
      >
      > I shall give you a name of an author who also looks at what you do
      below in regards to the ongoing stream of the Egyptian Mysteries. If
      one goes back in time one will always find, or at least I have, a
      similar story being told. I am of the opinion that it was for their
      time and the time to come. The difference being that the Christ did
      come at the Jordan into a physical body. The others were enacted out
      of oracles and understandings of the initiates of the time. The big
      difference being He did come down into earthly existence.

      I don't think the Pharaonic/Egyptian initiate theory necessarily gets
      in the way of the divinity of Christ, but it may do so if you
      interprete or utilise it as an opportunity for a materialistic
      historical rationalisation of Jesus's life. Either is possible, I think.

      It does have a logic that Jesus would have been an Initiate into the
      Mysteries. Also, beyond direct observation via spiritual sight or
      documented information, there is no way of knowing what happened at
      the time spiritually, as far as I know.

      > I will see if I can find the name of the other author I am
      referring to. He has made many mistakes however in his interpretation
      of the story due to his thinking that because it was noted or there
      were noted personalities of a simliar nature that this negates what
      Christianity posits. It is my understanding this colors their thinking
      on the subject and fact that the Christ, a God, did come down into
      Earthly existence and fully incarnate into a man.

      I'd be very interested in hearing about him. It seems to me that the
      approach to this depends on the person, their politics, etc.

      > Best,
      > Dottie

      Regards,

      Keith