Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Ah, the Sisters

  • Jo Ann Schwartz
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 20, 2007
      Ah, well, Dear One... as a wise man once reminded us:

      O the sisters of mercy, they are not departed or gone
      They were waiting for me, when I thought that I just can't go on
      And they gave me their comfort, and later they gave me their song
      Oh I hope you run into them, you who've been traveling so long

      Yes you who must lose everything that you cannot control
      It begins with your family, but soon it comes round to your soul
      Well I've been where you're hanging, I think I can see how you're pinned
      When you're not feeling holy, your loneliness says that you've sinned

      They lay down beside me, I made my confession to them
      They touched both my eyes, and I touched the dew on their hem
      If your life is a leaf that the seasons tear off and condemn
      They will bind you with love that is graceful and green as a stem

      When I left they were sleeping, I hope you run into them soon
      Don't turn on the light, you can read their address by the moon
      And it won't make me jealous if I learn that they've sweetened your night
      We weren't lovers like that, and besides it would still be alright
      We weren't lovers like that, and besides it would still be alright

      Leonard Cohen

      Musing on the quality of mercy and its relation to Carnivale...
      Sor. JoAnna
      Order of Our Lady of Perpetual Indulgence

      "Life's short and we never have enough time for the hearts of those who travel the way with us. O, be swift to love! Make haste to be kind." --Henri-Frederic Amiel