Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] College Question: Hell?

  • Tarjei Straume
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2007
      Mike H wrote:

      >One student wrote the following:
      >
      >First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So
      >we need to know the rate at which souls are moving into Hell and the
      >rate at which they are leaving. I think that we can safely assume
      >that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no
      >souls are leaving.

      Rudolf Steiner once pointed out that the notion of the soul going to
      Heaven or Hell to spend all eternity there, depending upon one's
      conduct in this one and only physical life, originated with
      Aristotle, at least what Western theology is concerned. Aristotle
      also stipulated that each individual soul, or entelechy or
      life-kernal, is created for the first time at each conception, thus
      excluding any notion of pre-existence.

      If we take into account the possibility that Aristotle and Rudolf
      Steiner were the same individuality and that the Doctor was cognizant
      of this, it's interesting to observe his critique of his own ancient ideas.

      >As for how many souls are entering Hell, let's look at the different
      >religions that exist in the world today. Most of these religions
      >state if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to Hell.

      That's one central appeal in all monotheistic religions. It's called
      HFTO - Hell For The Others. Statistics show that religious programs
      with a strong element of HFTO recruit much more effectively than
      systems with low HFTO. People just love it when their theological and
      political opponents and other non-members suffer eternal perdition
      with no hope.

      >Since there is more than one of these religions and since people do
      >not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all souls
      >go to Hell.

      That's where all the swingers are. No fun in Heaven. Heaven is for
      bores, for square fundies, eternal ice tea, prayer meetings and Bible
      classes. Sunday every day, sunshine all the time, people always
      smiling 24/7 gotta drive you nuts. Heaven is Hell, and the place they
      call Hell is fun. The heat is something you adjust to, and shovelling
      coal gives you muscles and makes you gorgeous. Of course Hell is hot,
      that's how it's supposed to be.

      >With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of
      >souls in Hell to increase exponentially.

      They're gonna have to build a wall to keep people out of hell; it's
      getting too popular.

      >Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume in Hell because
      >Boyle's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in
      >Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell has to expand
      >proportionately as souls are added.

      Just start a war against Heaven then, to steal some of their territory.

      >This gives two possibilities:
      >1. If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which
      >souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will
      >increase until all Hell breaks loose.

      The increased heat will pressure the residents into an expansive war
      for more lebensraum. Sounds like fun. No doubt George W Bush will be there.

      >2. If Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls
      >in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over.
      >So which is it?

      In the latter case, all that is needed is a promotional campaign for
      Hell, so more people will sign up for entry.

      >If we accept the postulate given to me by Theresa during my Freshman
      >year that "it will be a cold day in Hell before I sleep with you,"
      >and take into account the fact that I slept with her last night,
      >then number 2 must be true...and thus I am sure Hell is exothermic
      >and has already frozen over.

      It depends upon who is ruling at the moment - Lucifer is hot and
      Ahriman is cold. Perhaps they're working shifts. Just like global
      warming may have something to do with an increased influence by Lucy
      while Ahri is too busy preparing his incarnation.

      >The corollary of this theory is that since Hell has frozen over, it
      >follows that it is not accepting any more souls and is therefore,
      >extinct...leaving only Heaven, thereby proving the existence of a
      >divine being which explains why, last night, Theresa kept shouting,
      >"Oh my God."

      Hmmmm.... Seems to me that Theresa is in danger of being punished for
      her sexual escapades by having to spend eternity in that boring place
      Heaven. Poor Theresa!