Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Question about language

  • eurythmy
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2007
      2007-02-01
      Dear Keith
      Bad spelling in English
      Understood and corrected translators
      Wrote some meditations directly in English
      Regards
      Franky

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2007
        --- eurythmy <eurythmy@...> wrote:

        > 2007-02-01
        > Dear Keith
        > Bad spelling in English
        > Understood and corrected translators
        > Wrote some meditations directly in English
        > Regards
        > Franky

        I can't remember where I got this, but Steiner only
        spoke German. As an educated central European of his
        time he obviously knew school English, French, Latin
        Greek - but always had to have Marie at his side to
        translate when foreigners came to visit. A German
        anthropop who only spoke German once told me he was
        encouraged by this.

        Frank

        Frank Thomas Smith
        http://SouthernCrossReview.org

        Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.
      • kmlightseeker
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 5, 2007
          Hi Franky,

          > 2007-02-01
          > Dear Keith
          > Bad spelling in English
          > Understood and corrected translators
          > Wrote some meditations directly in English
          > Regards
          > Franky

          Thanks for the info.

          Regards,

          Keith

        • kmlightseeker
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 5, 2007
            > > > Did Steiner only speak/read/write German or was he
            > > also similarly fluent
            > > > in English?
            >
            > I can't remember where I got this, but Steiner only
            > spoke German. As an educated central European of his
            > time he obviously knew school English, French, Latin
            > Greek - but always had to have Marie at his side to
            > translate when foreigners came to visit. A German
            > anthropop who only spoke German once told me he was
            > encouraged by this.

            Thanks for the info, Frank.

            Regards,

            Keith