Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Skunks

    Message 1 of 46 , Jan 23, 2007
      You know a friend of mine just told me her friends
      'owns' a skunk and they had it desmelled;) whatever
      that word is. Isn't that just awful? And the other
      friend asks 'does it cuddle like a cat'? And I'm
      thinking 'what's wrong with you people?' I mean acting
      as if this is something normal, ~own a skunk, desmell
      it, and cuddle.' I mean go buy a frieken cat or

      It's like the whole male dog thing and fixing them. I
      am so not for that. I think if you want to have a dog
      take care of it. This whole idea of fixing them just
      doesn't feel proper to me.

      Don't pick lemons.
      See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.
      Message 46 of 46 , Jan 28, 2007
        What if posting a message from the AT site actually had spell
        check...that would really make me feel better:)

        Anyhow, I have bought a really incredible book, a few of them
        actually and I wanted to share their names in case anyone was

        Triumphal Chariot of Antimony by Basilus Valentinus

        The Emerald Tablets of Thoth-The-Atlantean
        translated and interpreted by Doreal

        The Bible and the Tarot by Corinne Heline

        Now, the first one is just incredible. I am onto this Basilus
        because I was looking over some old notes from a lecture I attended
        a while back. And for some reason I tried to sketch a person in the
        room. If you have ever seen any of my sketches you would understand
        me saying 'for some reason' as I have absolutely zero talent for
        doing so. And if you saw the sketch you would be hardput to find
        anyone who resembled it even remotely. However, however, there is
        one thing this person had in common with Basilus: a very unique
        facial structure. And it had never ever crossed my mind until I had
        checked something out this afternoon and then realized that my
        sketch, from a while back, was the exact unique face as the one the
        one I found in the first link I posted under this heading.

        So lets look at a little Basilus:

        "I have found that in this Meditation there are five principle
        heads, which must be diligently considered, as much by all who are
        in possession of the wisdom of philosophy as by all who aspire after
        that wisdom which is attained in our aet. The first is the
        invocation of God; the second, the contemplation of Nature; the
        third, true preparation; the fourth, the way of using; the fifth,
        the use and profit. He who does not carefully attend to these points
        will never be included among real Alchemists, or be numbered among
        the perfect professors of the Spagyric science.

        (...) First, there should be the invocation of God, flowing from the
        depths of a pure and sincere heart, and a conscience which should be
        free from all ambition, hypocrisy, and vice, as also from all
        cognate faults, such as arrogance, boldness, pride, luxury, worldly
        vanity, oppression of the poor, and similar iniquities, which should
        all be rooted up out of the heart - that when a man appears before
        the Throne of Grace, to regain the health of his body, he may come
        with a conscience weeded of all tares, and be changed into a pure
        temple of God, cleansed of all that defiles. For 'God is not
        mocked,' as worldly men fondly suppose; He is not mocked, I say, but
        will be called upon with reverence and fear, and acknowledged as the
        Creator of all, with proper proofs of obedience. For what has man
        that he does not ow to God? -

        (...) The first head of our teaching, then, must be prayer, which we
        call the INVOCATION OF GOD, and see that it comes not forth out of
        feigned lips, but is the fruit of faith and confidence, like that of
        the Centurion of Capernaum; in humility and contrition like that of
        the Canaanitish woman; in charity, like that of the Samaritan who
        took up the wounded man on the way to Jericho, pouring into his
        wounds wine and oil, and paying his expenses at the inn, with an
        injunction that proper care should be taken of him; in brief, let
        the prayer be offered up in that spirit of Christian charity which
        desires to share what it obtains with its neighbor; then you will
        doubtless attain the object of your undertaking, viz.,riches and

        apprehend the essential properties of a thing, the circumstances by
        which it is conditioned, its matter, its form, its operations and
        their source, whence it is infused and implanted, how it is
        generated by the Stars, formed by the elements, produced and
        perfected by the three principles.

        Again, it enables us to understand how the body of anything can be
        dissolved, i.e., resolved into its first matter or essence; to this
        change I have referred in my other writings as the transmutation of
        the last substance into the first, and of the first into the last.

        This Contemplation, which forms the second part of our work, is
        heavenly, and spiritually apprehended, for only the spiritual mind
        can grasp the circumstances and foundations of all things. Now, this
        Contemplation is two-fold: one is called impossible, the other
        possible. The former consists in endless meditations, which can have
        no result because their object is intangible. Such problems are the
        Eternity of God, the Sin against the Holy Ghost, the infinite nature
        of the Godhead. They are incomprehensible, and necessarily baffle
        the finite enquirer.

        The other part of Contemplation, whichi s possible, is
        called 'Theoria'. It deals with the tangible and visible which has a
        temporal form - shewing how it can be dissolved and thereby
        perfected into any given body; how every body can impart the good or
        evil, medicine or poison, whihc is latent in it; how the wholesome
        is seperated from the unwholesome; how to set about destruction and
        demolition for the purposej of really and truly severing the pure
        from the impure without any sophistic guile."

        Dottie: He goes on. It is really an incredible gift if you can find
        this book. I have read many alchemist books and I have to say this
        is the one that has God in it. This is the teachings of a Rudolf
        Steiner in science of the day. It includes God in a most magnificant
        way and of course also man.

        The Emereral Tablets of Thoth-The-Atlantean is another one not to be
        missed: full of grace. And in such a manner as I have not seen
        before in any of the other books on this subject. The cover alone is
        worth the buy.

        Emerald Tablet II

        "Darker than darkness sat the great figure.
        dark with a darkness not of the night.
        Before it then paused the Master,
        speaking The Word that brings about Life, saying;
        'Oh master of darkness,
        guide of the way from Life unto Life,
        before thee I bring a Sun of the morning.
        Touch him not ever with the power of night.
        Call not his flame to the darkness of night.
        Know him, and see him, one of our brothers,
        lifted from darkness unto the Light.
        Release thou his flame from its bondage,
        free let it flame through the darkness of night.'

        Raised then the hand of the figure,
        forth came a flame that grew clear and bright.
        Rolled back swiftly the curtain of darkness,
        unveiled the Hall from the darkness of night.
        Then grew in the great space before me,
        flame after flame, from the veil of the night.
        Uncounted millions leaped they before me,
        some flaming forth as flowers of the fire.
        Others there were shed a dim radiance,
        glowing but faintly from out of the night.
        Some there were that faded swiftly;
        others that grew from a small spark of light.
        Each surmmounted by its dim veil of darkness,
        yet flaming with light
        that could never be quenched.
        Coming and going like fire flies in springtime,
        filed they the space with Light and with Life.

        Then spoke a voice, mighty and solemn, saying:
        'These are lights that are souls among men,
        growing and fading, existing forever,
        changing yet living, through death into life.
        When they have bloomed into flower,
        reached the zenith of growth in their life,
        swiftly then send I my veil of darkness,
        shrouding and changing into new forms of life.
        Steadily upward throughout the ages,
        growing, expanding into yet greater flame,
        lighting the darkness with yet greater power.
        quenched yet unquenched by the veil of the night.
        So grows the soul of man ever upward,
        quenched yet unquenched by the darkness of night

        I, Death, come, and yet I remain not,
        for life eternal exists in teh All;
        only an obstacle, I in the pahtway,
        quick to be conquered by the infinite light.
        Awaken, O flame that burns ever inward,
        flame forth and conquer the veil of the night.'

        Then in the midst of the flames in the darkness
        grew there one that drove forth the night,
        flaming, expanding, ever brighter,
        until at last was nothing but Light.
        Then spoke my guide, the voice of the master:
        'See your own soul as it grows in the light,
        free now forever from the Lord of the night.'

        Forward he led me through many great spaces
        filled with the mysteries of the Children of Light;
        mysteries that man may never yet know of
        until he, too, is a Sun of the Light.
        Backward then HE led me
        into the Light of the Hall of the Light.
        Knelt I then before the great Masters,
        Lords of All from the cycles above.

        Spoke HE then with words of great power saying:
        'Thou has been made free of the Halls of Amenti.
        Choose thou they work among the children of men.'

        Then spoke I:
        'O, great master let me be a teacher of men,
        leading them onward and upward
        until they, too, are lights among men;
        freed from the veil of the night
        that surrounds them,
        flaming with light
        that shall shine among men.'

        Spoke to me then the voice:
        'Go, as ye will. So be it decreed.
        Master are ye of your destiny.
        free to take or reject at will.
        Take ye the power,
        take ye the wisdom.
        Shine as a light
        among the children of men.'

        Upward then, led me the Dweller.
        Dwelt I again among the children of men,
        teaching and showing some of my wisdom;
        Sun of the Light, a fire among men.

        Now again I tread the path downward,
        seeking the light in the darkness of night.
        Hold ye and keep ye, preserve my record,
        guide shall it be to the children of men."

        whew. Okay, Corrine Heline is a little bit controversial it would
        seem due to her connection with Max Heindel. Tarjei and I looked a
        little bit at this before from another book I shared a few years
        back or so. But what I am finding is that she is her own woman and I
        have found her work to be outstanding. She also includes very often
        Rudolf Steiner in the references of passages of thought throughout
        her books, which I can respect.

        Perusing through it before I bought it I came upon her thoughts of
        the Hey in the Holy Name. And I really could understand and
        appreciate her thoughts on this from a Judaic/Christianic point of
        view. But what really kicked me in the gut was this:

        " According to kabbalistic modes of interpretation, the number 22
        amplifies, auguments or completes the forces of 2 and 11, being the
        double of both of these numbers. The numbers 11 and 22 are a
        summation of the influence of all the letters of the Hebrew alphabet
        considered as mystical powers."

        She goes on and on about these two numbers. What is incredible to me
        is that she just spoke very plain language about what I understand
        to be the Magdalene/Lazarus/Anthroposophia connection. See, in just
        about all literature when someone is just starting out to experience
        the Feminine Principle of our time we find this number 22
        everywhere. Even in Sergei Prokofieff's book, in Margaret Starbird's
        books, in my writings, this 22 is a sign to the writer or the
        thinker that the Feminine Principle is guiding/with them. I remember
        always being perplexed by this until I realized that the Magdalene's
        feast day was 7/22 which by the way comes to 11. And I believe,
        although I can not remember right now, so does the Lazarus' saint
        day come to this understanding as well.

        As it was the Magdalene who could speak to me in a sense, through
        Inspiration, it is she I connect to Anthroposophia, as the Daughter
        Voice of Sophia. As she is intimately connected with John the
        Baptist and also Lazarus I find the significance of the two on the
        road to Emmaus and other twosomes of the NT.

        But she really takes it further. If anyone is interested I could
        type in the rest.

        And mostly I feel that this other book that I did not mention above
        is key to so many thoughts: The Bahir ~ Illumination.

        So, I shall go to sleep. Maybe:)

        All good things,