Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] proclamations and pulpits

  • Frank Smith
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 22, 2007
      --- Tarjei Straume <straume@...> wrote:

      > Dottie, you wrote:
      >
      > >You know I think its just that there is another
      > idea versus speaking
      > >forth from the pulpit and it is that we will live
      > in such a manner
      > >that 'where there are two or more' there He is.
      >
      > Reminds me of the Quakers. They've been closer to
      > the genuine
      > Christ-idea than any other branch of organized
      > church-Christianity.
      > They've been ahead of their time, helping runaway
      > slaves, refusing to
      > fight wars, considering each member a vehicle for
      > the Divine, and
      > being a society of friends, without that "take me to
      > your leader"
      > kind of bull that you find everywhere else.

      My son works for a German state financed organization
      in Cambodia with the objective of disarming the
      country. (Apparently there are more guns there than
      people.) One of his most important allies are the
      American Quakers. Imagine: the Quakers in Cambodia!
      Frank

      Frank Thomas Smith
      http://SouthernCrossReview.org

      The fish are biting.