In the rain

  • gaelman58
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2007
      Sister Jo: I've no solution to the continuing tragic events in the
      place we call Iraq...and it might well be true that Frank is right
      when he says that as a viable political entity Iraq was a fiction
      from the get-go...given that it has a history of being held together
      by repressive regimes. As to what the future holds for those poor
      people I have no idea and can't provide the merest suggestion as to
      how to implement a lasting improvement in their situation. I guess
      I'm for the moderates...at home and abroad.

      Two small items that struck me as good news amid the bleakness:

      CBS news a short while ago did a short presentation concerning a
      certain area in Baghdad called An Nil (sp?). In that area Sunni,
      Shia and Christian are evidently living together as peaceful
      neighbors. There have been no bombings, shootings or kidnappings.
      Those interviewed maintained that neighbors looked after each other.

      And just recently a small group of Americans stood somewhere in the
      rain with candles commemorating all those who have died in Iraq.
      There's decency in that, Sister Jo.

      Regards, G.