Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Re: Killing

    Message 1 of 140 , Jan 1, 2007
      Hi Tarjie,

      I don't see Saddam and his ruling of Iraq in the same
      way you and many others do. I also do not see Islam
      the way many of my friends anthroposophists and others
      do. I can understand why the things are thought and
      why they are said, however, I think there is another
      part of the picture that seems not to be taken into
      account very often. And this has to do partly with the
      idea that ahderents of Islam were the last to come
      under one God. I don't think that can be
      underestimated or not taken into consideration.

      I see that Muhammed was of a particular personality
      that others were able to follow towards the One God.
      And yes there was lots of blood shed just as there is
      in the whole of Judaism and Christianity. Nothing
      different there other than maybe the ways in which
      they would carry out their wars. There zeal for God
      led them to far and away places in the name of their
      prophet just as the cruscades and early Christians did
      the same to those they considered outside the norm of
      what they understood.

      Looking at Saddam I see him doing also something
      incredible with the same group of people who had now
      by this time and even greater devotion to Muhhammed
      and were really split to the point where they were
      constantly killing one another: he secularized his
      country. Instead of fanatics roaming the streets where
      women and children were not safe, Iraq was considered
      more westernized then all of the surrounding
      countries. Women had rights, political rights, working
      rights, marriage rights. Across the board Iraq was
      kept in control by a man who would not allow the
      fundys to take over and force burkas on women and
      their brand of religious fundamentalism.

      I see alot of similarities in Saddam and Muhhamed in
      what they achieved for their country men who were the
      last outposts of that area. Neither of those men were
      perfect and lived according to the customs they were
      brought up in. But just as Abraham made a decisive
      change for his people, so did Muhammed and also
      Saddam.

      Some of the things you said about him shaking when
      seeing blood boiling and so forth seem not to meet the
      man I have taken a mind to since about 15 years now. I
      was stunned beyond belief when his two sons in laws
      chose to come back to Iraq. I remember thinking 'oh
      boy, you guys are really stupid'. And damn if he
      didn't have them killed just about immediately after
      returning. From my studies and I think from what one
      has seen of him recently one might consider a picture
      of a man of his time and of his place and his culture,
      and quite different then the propaganda about his
      loving boiling blood and whathaveyou.

      There was one place in the middle east where women had
      rights. And it was in Iraq. And now, now that Saddam
      is gone we will see women, and we do see women who
      will be at the hands of religious dictators that beat
      themselves with chains and spikes and expect the women
      to be in the house and hidden.

      Saddam was not perfect but I think we can also see the
      difference between his ruling of the people and the
      ruling of the kings in the surrounding areas.

      http://www.womensenews.org/article.cfm/dyn/aid/1088

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Gotthard K. Danae O'C.
      Message 140 of 140 , Jan 21, 2007
        Dottie,
        The Jesus son of a hure is Jesus ben Pandira, see the cycle about the Matthew Gospel by RS.
        Regards Gotthard in Melbourne AUS

        On 1/18/07, dottie zold <dottie_z@...> wrote:

        I was just wondering which lineage is the one that has
        the line of those called the Prostitute? Was that the
        Solomon line or the Nathan line?

        --
        Selma Lagerlöf (1859-1940), 1909 Nobel Literature Laureate:"[Rudolf Steiner] taught a number of things in which I have long believed, among them that it is no longer possible in our time to offer a religion full of unsubstantiated miracles, but rather that religion must be a science which can be proven. It is no longer a question of belief, but of knowing. Further, we acquire knowledge of the spiritual world through steady, conscious, systematic thinking ... In years to come, his teachings will be proclaimed from the pulpits"

        Rudolf Steiner: Only truth can bring us security in the development of our individual forces.
        Whoever is tortured from doubts, his forces are paralysed.
        In a world, enigmatic to one self, one can find no aim for one's working.
                Motto of 'Philosophy of Spiritual Activity' 1894, Appendix II 1918