Re: Them tricky ad hominem rules

  • Mike helsher
    Message 1 of 19 , Dec 6, 2006
      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, mark newbold
      <kalixtus77@...> wrote:

      > Ye gods! Get me off this travesty of yahoo group going under the
      misnomer Anthroposophy.

      Yo Mark, Is there a "one and only right way" to be an athroposophist?
      Should we under go some kind of internal cleansing, or practice or
      free deeds of purity and piety in the guiding light of the christ
      impulse. Does empathy have anything to do with anthroposophy, and if
      we read stuff on the internet that is not long articuale,
      intellectually astute, philosophical discoarse on the purity of
      anthroposophy in it's holiest form, should we too high-tail it outa
      here before we all get bitten by asura rats?

      >Or maybe this is bizzaro land anthroposophy?

      I'll second that emotion! I'll take Bizzaro anthroposophy anyday over
      having some orthodox anthro telling me how I should think.

      >Or perhaps it's gonzo anthroposophists in wonderland believing lots
      of impossible things before breakfast?

      Actually, I'm a recovered dope fiend that grew up in Bevis and
      Butthead/Mystic River wonderland, believing lots of impossible things
      that came true. As part of my personal "preperation" process, I have
      volunteered my expert services as Official Chief of the newly founded
      AT Basement Department. I believe that "Basementology" is gonna be
      big (like indoor plumbing) and very important in uncovering the true
      Light of the Christ Impulse, in the up coming War of "all against
      all".

      >Right wing Anthroposophists....sad or spooky?

      Yup! "Kill-em all, let God sort-em out" is their Motto. But I think
      it's beyond "sad or spooky", it's just plain stupid.

      Mike
    • Mike helsher
      Message 2 of 19 , Dec 6, 2006
        <straume@...> wrote:

        > Theodor wrote:
        >
        > >And right now, I have this strange suspicion that someone here is
        > >being X'ed just like in the Jamie Kennedy Experiment.
        >
        > Trollin' Trollin' Trollin'
        >
        > Keep postin', postin', postin',
        > Though they're disapprostin',
        > Keep them anthros postin' Rawhide!
        > Don't try to understand 'em,
        > Just rope and throw and grab 'em,
        > Soon we'll be living high and wide.
        > Boy my heart's calculatin'
        > My double will be waitin', be waiting at the end of my ride.
        >
        > Post 'em on, write 'em up,
        > Flame 'em up, post 'em out,
        > Post 'em on, flame 'em out Rawhide!
        > Set 'em out, ride 'em in
        > Ride 'em in, let 'em out,
        > Cut 'em out, ride 'em in Rawhide.
        >
        > Trollin', trollin', trollin'
        > Trollin', trollin', trollin'
        > Trollin', trollin', trollin'
        > Trollin', trollin', trollin'
        > Rawhide!
        >
        > Trollin', trollin', trollin'
        > Though the threads are swollen
        > Keep them anthros trollin'
        > Rawhide!
        > Rain and wind and weather
        > Hell-bent for leather
        > Wishin' my double was by my side.
        > All the things I'm missin',
        > Good vittles, love, and kissin',
        > Are waiting at the end of my ride
        >
        > CHORUS
        > Post 'em on, flame 'em up
        > Flame 'em up, post 'em on
        > Post 'em on, flame 'em up
        > Rawhide
        > Count 'em out, ride 'em in,
        > Ride 'em in, count 'em out,
        > Count 'em out, ride 'em in
        > Rawhide!
        >
        > Keep postin', postin', postin'
        > Though they're disapprostin'
        > Keep them anthros postin'
        > Rawhide!
        > Don't try to understand 'em
        > Just rope, throw, and brand 'em
        > Soon we'll be living high and wide.
        > My hearts calculatin'
        > My double will be waitin',
        > Be waitin' at the end of my ride.
        >
        > Rawhide!
        > Rawhide!

        :)

        Ok, now you should call yourself

        "Weird Tarjei Straumavitch"

        Mike

      • Mike T
        Message 3 of 19 , Dec 7, 2006
          Klaus,
          Phew - glad you didn't include me in that diatribe,
          Mike T

          >From: Klaus Tue <ruptibra@...>
          >To: anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Right wing anthros
          >Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 20:15:24 +0100
          >
          >Mark:
          >
          > >Right wing Anthroposophists....sad or spooky?
          >
          >It's pathetic. Disgusting too. Jo Ann keeps pounding this wight wing
          >propaganda all the time, with Frank playing second fiddle only to
          >publish it in the political section of Southern Cross Review. That's
          >how they work, Jo Ann and Frank, trying to militarize
          >anthroposophists and turn them all into hawkish, jingoist kooks like
          >themselves. Tarjei is a member of NRA, Charlton Heston is his
          >favorite screen actor next to John Wayne, and now he tells us that
          >happiness is a hot firearm. Dottie wants all women back to the
          >kitchen sink and off the workforce and even off the ballot, and she
          >keeps raging against "liberal theology". She's with some weird
          >organization called "Girls Against Bikinis", asking for a Christian
          >Religious Police to patrol the beaches in Florida, California, and
          >even on the French Riviera! Mike H is with the Minute Men and hunts
          >Mexicans at the Arizona border, and all these people - Dottie, Mike
          >H, Jo Ann, Tarjei, Frank and most of the others - they're members of
          >an organization called AFB - Anthroposophists For Bush!
          >
          >The only voice of reason with some understanding around here is Mr.
          >Lightsearcher, but it looks like Tarjei and Mike H have chased him
          >away with their frightening ultra-right wing anthro-curses. There is
          >nothing more sinister than occult right wing fascism.
          >
          >(shaking my head)
          >
          >Klaus

          Advertisement: Fresh jobs daily. Stop waiting for the newspaper. Search Now!
          www.seek.com.au
          http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fninemsn%2Eseek%2Ecom%2Eau&_t=757263760&_r=Hotmail_EndText_Dec06&_m=EXT
        • Cheeseandsalsa@aol.com
          Message 4 of 19 , Dec 7, 2006
            Klaus, I agree and my mouth is on the floor.  I don't know the people in this group very well and well am now quite amazed.  Occult right wing facism wow, AFB, it seems something twisted in the minds of spiritual seekers trying to live in a human world justifying their own political views and it seems to me that they just plaster on any peice of crap onto their own etheric feilds and don't take responsibility for them!  Wow, Chantel

            Ask the wild bee what the druids knew. ~Old English Adage
          • Jo Ann Schwartz
            Message 5 of 19 , Dec 7, 2006
              Hi Chantel,

              ROTFLMAO!! Don't let Klaus there sell you any bridges, mmmkay?

              Here's the sort of "ultra-right-wing" editorial in Southern Cross Review that gets
              Klaus' knickers in a knot:

              http://southerncrossreview.org/47/editorial-jaccuse.htm

              The image at the top of the page is something I helped whip up. (I can also get you
              a deal on an "ITMFA" button if you need one. <G>)

              Wow, indeed.
              JoAnn

              --- Chantel wrote:
              > Klaus, I agree and my mouth is on the floor. I don't know the people in
              > this group very well and well am now quite amazed. Occult right wing facism
              > wow, AFB, it seems something twisted in the minds of spiritual seekers trying to
              > live in a human world justifying their own political views and it seems to
              > me that they just plaster on any peice of crap onto their own etheric feilds
              > and don't take responsibility for them! Wow, Chantel

              ~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
              I am not willing to give up my constitutional rights
              just because I have nothing to hide."
            • Cheeseandsalsa@aol.com
              Message 6 of 19 , Dec 7, 2006
                Wow, thanks Joanna this group is the most unique list I am on truly.  I would love a deal on a ITMFA button.  Wow, not lmao just stumped by the personalities on this list.  I'll get to the article later thanks for the link. Chantel

                Message 7 of 19 , Dec 7, 2006
                  --- Chantel wrote:
                  > Wow, thanks Joanna this group is the most unique list I am on truly. I
                  > would love a deal on a ITMFA button. Wow, not lmao just stumped by the
                  > personalities on this list. I'll get to the article later thanks for the link.

                  For an ITMFA button, contact me off-list at sr_joanna at yahoo dot com [first come,
                  first serve... They're not 'official,' but since Dan Savage says he's out of the
                  biz, I don't think he'll mind. See www.itmfa.com for more info]

                  As for this list.... well, it seems pretty tame to me. But then, after a decade and
                  more on the Steiner internets, not much surprises me any more. Of course, if you
                  *really* want to see right wing anthros in action, you might try bringing politics
                  up on Starman's list. <WG>

                  Musing on the contradictions inherent in all we do....
                  JoAnn

                  ~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
                  Message 8 of 19 , Dec 7, 2006
                    Surrogate Father

                    >The Browns were unable to conceive children, and decided to use a
                    >surrogate father to start their family.
                    >

                    >On the day the proxy father was to arrive, Mr Smith kissed his wife
                    >and said, "I'm off. The man should be here soon."
                    >
                    >Half an hour later, just by chance, Roger, a door-to-door baby
                    >photographer rang the doorbell, hoping to make a sale. "Good morning
                    >madam, I've come to..."
                    >
                    >"Oh, no need to explain, I've been expecting you," Mrs Brown cut in.
                    >
                    >"Really?" the photographer asked. "Well good! I've made a specialty
                    >of babies."
                    >
                    >"That's what my husband and I had hoped. Please come in and have a
                    >seat."
                    >
                    >After a moment she asked, blushing, "Well, where do we start?"
                    >
                    >"Leave everything to me. I usually try two in the bathtub, one on
                    the
                    >couch and perhaps a couple on the bed. Sometime the living room
                    floor
                    >is fun too... you can really spread out!!"
                    >

                    >"Bathtub, living room floor? No wonder it didn't work for Harry and
                    >me."
                    >

                    >"Well, madam, none of us can guarantee a good one every time. But if
                    >we try several different positions and shoot from six or seven
                    >angles, I'm sure you'll be pleased with the results."
                    >

                    >"My, my, that's a lot of..." gasped Mrs Brown.
                    >

                    >"Madam, in my line of work, a man must take his time. I'd love to be
                    >in and out in five minutes, but you'd be disappointed with that, I'm
                    >sure."
                    >

                    >"Don't I know it," Mrs Brown muttered.
                    >

                    >The photographer opened his briefcase and pulled out a portfolio of
                    >his baby pictures.
                    >

                    >"This was done on top of a bus."
                    >

                    >"Oh my goodness!" Mrs Brown exclaimed, tugging at her handkerchief.
                    >

                    >"And these twins turned out exceptionally well, when you consider
                    >their mother was so difficult to work with."
                    >

                    >"She was difficult?" asked Mrs Brown.
                    >

                    >"Yes, I'm afraid so. I finally had to take her to the park to get
                    the
                    >job done right. People were crowding around four and five deep,
                    >pushing to get a good look."
                    >

                    >"Four and five deep?" asked Mrs Brown, eyes widened in amazement.
                    >

                    >"Yes" the photographer said. "And for more than three hours, too.
                    The
                    >mother was constantly squealing and yelling, I could hardly
                    >concentrate!!"
                    >

                    >Then darkness approached and I began to rush my shots. Finally, when
                    >the squirrels began nibbling on my equipment, I just packed it all
                    >in."
                    >

                    >Mrs. Brown leaned forward. "You mean they actually chewed on your
                    >um....equipment?"
                    >

                    >"That's right. Well madam, if you're ready, I'll set up my tripod so
                    >that we can get to work."
                    >

                    >"Tripod??"
                    >

                    >"Oh yes, I have to use a tripod to rest my Canon on. It's much too
                    >big for me to hold for very long. Madam? Madam? Good grief, she's
                    >fainted!!!"

                  • free2bfizzy28
                    Message 9 of 19 , Dec 9, 2006
                      <straume@...> wrote:

                      > Trollin' Trollin' Trollin'

                      Well, I tried to run my game
                      She said Man, that's the same old thing I've heard before
                      And I'm too tired to go for your show (again and again)
                      And she started to explain
                      She said Man, I ain't sayin' what you're playin' just can't make it
                      But I just can't take it anymore

                      Play somethin' sweet, play somethin' mellow
                      Play somethin' I can sink my teeth in like Jello
                      Play something I can understand
                      Play me some Brickyard Blues
                      Play somethin' sweet and make it funky
                      Just let me lay back and grin like a monkey
                      Play something I can understand
                      Play me some Brickyard Blues

                      Well, I started to sweat
                      She said Don't get upset 'cause you just might break a string
                      And that won't do a thing for your show
                      So I said to myself
                      I said Self, do you see what is sailin' through my soul?
                      And I gotta have some more, don't ya know

                      Play somethin' sweet, play somethin' mellow
                      Play somethin' I can sink my teeth in like Jello
                      Play something I can understand
                      Play me some Brickyard Blues
                      Play somethin' sweet and make it funky
                      Just let me lay back and grin like a monkey
                      Play something I can understand
                      Play me some Brickyard Blues

                      It's enough to make it light in the dark
                      It's enough to make a bite just a bark
                      It's enough to make a body move around
                      It's enough to make a rabbit hug a dog
                      Play somethin' sweet

                      ------ instrumental break ------

[...]

                      - written by Allen Toussaint
                      - as recorded by Three Dog Night (released September 28, 1974)
                      - entered the Billboard Top 40 the week of November 2, 1974 and
                      stayed for 3 weeks, peaking at #33 the week of November 16, 1974.
                      - also recorded by Maria Muldaur in 1974 on her album Waitress in a
                      Donut Shop
                    • Tarjei Straume
                      Message 10 of 19 , Dec 10, 2006
                        At 17:36 09.12.2006, you wrote:

                        >Well, I started to sweat
                        >She said Don't get upset

                        Well, I wus sittin' home alone an' started to sweat,
                        Figured they wus in my T.V. set.
                        Peeked behind the picture frame,
                        Got a shock from my feet, hittin' right up in the brain.

                        (Bob Dylan)
                      • free2bfizzy28
                        Message 11 of 19 , Dec 10, 2006
                          <straume@...> wrote:

                          > At 17:36 09.12.2006, you wrote:
                          >
                          > >Well, I started to sweat
                          > >She said Don't get upset
                          >
                          > Well, I wus sittin' home alone an' started to sweat,
                          > Figured they wus in my T.V. set.
                          > Peeked behind the picture frame,
                          > Got a shock from my feet, hittin' right up in the brain.
                          >
                          > (Bob Dylan)

                          Who could say
                          What was left and where was right?
                          By the way