Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Them tricky ad hominem rules

  • Tarjei Straume
    Message 1 of 19 , Dec 5, 2006
      I wrote:

      >Dan says that in order to avoid libel, non-subscribers should not be
      >ad homined. In other words, don't call Tarjei a Nazi necrophile
      >serial killer because he may sue the Hole for that. But you can call
      >Rudolf Steiner a Nazi necrophile serial killer, because he ain't
      >gonna sue. You can also call all anthroposophists Nazi necrophile
      >serial killers, because all opinions about anthroposophists as a
      >group are welcome, and Dan doesn't think anyone can sue on behalf of
      >such a large group. And then you can call Tarjei an anthroposophist,
      >because that's not an ad hominem. The conclusion is, of course, that
      >if all anthroposophists are Nazi necrophile serial killers and
      >Tarjei is an anthroposophist, Tarjei is a Nazi necrophile serial killer.
      >
      >No wonder Mr. Dugan seems to be haunted in his sleep by nightmares
      >about libel suits.

      As it turns out, the deceased have no rights against libel. If you've
      lost both your parents, they can be accused in the media of
      absolutely anything post mortem, and there's nothing you can do about
      it. The dead can be libeled with impunity. So don't even mention the
      names of deceased parents, grandparents, close relatives or friends
      in a public forum. Don't tell the enemy who's dead or alive among
      your loved ones. (Interestingly, when the Scientologist do an ugly
      smear campaign against someone, they call it "dead agenting" the
      person, even if he or she is alive.)

      Groups, however, legally incorporated institutions, have some rights
      under the law as if they were living individual persons. So
      institutions can sue. Non-incorporated groups, Norwegians, for
      example can be libeled, but doing can easily get you targeted by hate
      speech legislation, especially if you libel Jews, blacks, or Muslims.
      Anthroposophists are not a protected group - yet. Mr. Dugan is
      apparently well aware of this, which is why he figures that
      anthroposophists may be libelled with impunity, as long as he doesn't
      libel the Anthroposophical Society, which is in a legal position to
      defend itself.

      That means PLANS is also in a legal position to sue for libel,
      because it's an institution. But the Hole isn't. Neither is the
      Unthinkable Facility, the Unplumbable Toilet, or the Abyss. But
      everybody knows where it is. The Hole is a state of mind, a place, a
      condition, or a group of beings, take your pick. Reminds me of an
      Afro-American comedy show I saw on the tube a couple of months ago,
      featuring half a dozen black comedians. And one of these guys
      proceeded to explain to the white section of the audience what
      Afro-Americans mean when they say "motherfucker" and why they use
      that word so often, sometimes every other word in a sentence. He
      explained that "motherfucker" can mean any person, place, state,
      condition, or circumstance!

      It's the same with the Hole. Anthroposophists can't be sued for ad
      hominin' the Hole and its Dwellers. Imagine the defence in a court of
      law. Anthroposophists just say the Hole is a cult thing, a sect
      thing, a family thing, a code for something among anthros that only
      anthros fully understand, something that can have lots of meanings, a
      dark and ominous place populated by Hole Dwellers, it's part of
      anthro science fiction, like the Molochs of The Time Machine or like
      that terrifying huge spider in Lord of the Rings, second book. The
      Hole is the Gate to the Abyss guarded by asuric beings in the shape
      of frightening rodents that keep the Hole Dwellers in a permanent
      state of insanity and confusion by biting them in the buttocks (when
      they visit the Unthinkable Facility) and stealing another piece of
      their "I" with each bite (as described by Rudolf Steiner), and the
      reason why the asuric rats succeed in doing this by biting their
      buttocks (when they're trying, unsuccessfully because of their
      chronic constipation, to take a dump), is that the Hole Dwellers have
      a peculiar anatomy: They think with their asses, which is why their
      brains and "I" are located down below, but as long as their real
      selves are being chipped away like this by the Asuras, they're
      trapped in a progressively deteriorating spiritual condition, and
      they need help.

      I very much doubt that the plaintiff could successfully prove beyond
      reasonable doubt that the Hole equals PLANS and its website and
      public forum, and that the Unplumbable Toilet stands for the Waldorf
      Critics just because its initials happen to coincide with Water
      Closet. That's really stretching it by a long shot, and after all,
      it's just one of innumerable possible interpretations.
      Anthroposophists tell fairy tales, myths and legends, science fiction
      and fantasy, and that's not against the law, is it?

      Cheers,

      Tarjei
    • mark newbold
      Message 2 of 19 , Dec 6, 2006
        Ye gods!  Get me off this travesty of yahoo group going under the misnomer Anthroposophy.  Or maybe this is bizzaro land anthroposophy?  Or perhaps it's gonzo anthroposophists in wonderland believing lots of impossible things before breakfast?  Right wing Anthroposophists....sad or spooky?

      • Theodor Grekenquist
        Message 3 of 19 , Dec 6, 2006
          At 16:47 06.12.2006, Mark Newbold wrote:

          >Ye gods! Get me off this travesty of yahoo group going under the
          >misnomer Anthroposophy. Or maybe this is bizzaro land
          >anthroposophy? Or perhaps it's gonzo anthroposophists in wonderland
          >believing lots of impossible things before breakfast? Right wing
          >Anthroposophists....sad or spooky?

          Speaking strictly for myself, I think it's spooky. But although I
          lean toward the atheist position myself, I can also understand why
          these anthroposophists consider the so-called "Hole People" spooky
          and sad as well. The majority of e-group participants revolving
          around Steiner and anthroposophy are suffering from varying degrees
          of pathological dysfunction. The reason why I signed up here was that
          I am sufffering from MPD (Multi Personality Disorder), and a
          therapist in Germany who is a trusted friend of mine thought that
          communicating with anthroposophists with related problems might do me
          some good. But my posts were met with some very hostile reactions
          here, so I decided to shut up and go back to lurking.

          I'm not in a position to comment on whether or not Anthroposophy is a
          misnomer for this group, because what is happening here is the only
          Anthroposophy I know, but according to the others, this is a circus,
          a temple, a theater, a university, a clinic, and some sort of
          "anthroposophical Wild West", including a "basement division" full of
          demons or something like that.

          If you need help with subbing or unsubbing in and out of these
          groups, the AT moderator Sophia Anarchosophia is currently
          vacationing somewhere in the Bahamas until New Year's Eve or sometime
          in January, and it looks like she's left her laptop behind on purpose
          to get away from all this madness for a while, but if you leave her a
          note, she'll probably give you a helping hand when she returns.

          Regards,

          Theodor

          Theodor Grekenquist
          http://www.skeptic.com/
        • mark newbold
          Message 4 of 19 , Dec 6, 2006
            I will admit that the current state of Anthroposophy in the US at least is extremely  petit-bourgeois.  Ah, you lean toward atheism Theodor, good- freethought is a rare creature in this world.  Simone Weil observed that atheists are focused on the impersonal aspects of a deity.  Maybe you're an advaita vedantist and do not know it...cheers!

            Theodor Grekenquist <grekenquist@...> wrote:
            At 16:47 06.12.2006, Mark Newbold wrote:

            >Ye gods! Get me off this travesty of yahoo group going under the
            >misnomer Anthroposophy. Or maybe this is bizzaro land
            >anthroposophy? Or perhaps it's gonzo anthroposophists in wonderland
            >believing lots of impossible things before breakfast? Right wing
            >Anthroposophists. ...sad or spooky?

            Speaking strictly for myself, I think it's spooky. But although I
            lean toward the atheist position myself, I can also understand why
            these anthroposophists consider the so-called "Hole People" spooky
            and sad as well. The majority of e-group participants revolving
            around Steiner and anthroposophy are suffering from varying degrees
            of pathological dysfunction. The reason why I signed up here was that
            I am sufffering from MPD (Multi Personality Disorder), and a
            therapist in Germany who is a trusted friend of mine thought that
            communicating with anthroposophists with related problems might do me
            some good. But my posts were met with some very hostile reactions
            here, so I decided to shut up and go back to lurking.

            I'm not in a position to comment on whether or not Anthroposophy is a
            misnomer for this group, because what is happening here is the only
            Anthroposophy I know, but according to the others, this is a circus,
            a temple, a theater, a university, a clinic, and some sort of
            "anthroposophical Wild West", including a "basement division" full of
            demons or something like that.

            If you need help with subbing or unsubbing in and out of these
            groups, the AT moderator Sophia Anarchosophia is currently
            vacationing somewhere in the Bahamas until New Year's Eve or sometime
            in January, and it looks like she's left her laptop behind on purpose
            to get away from all this madness for a while, but if you leave her a
            note, she'll probably give you a helping hand when she returns.

            Regards,

            Theodor

            Theodor Grekenquist
            http://www.skeptic. com/

          • Klaus Tue
            Message 5 of 19 , Dec 6, 2006
              Mark:

              >Right wing Anthroposophists....sad or spooky?

              It's pathetic. Disgusting too. Jo Ann keeps pounding this wight wing
              propaganda all the time, with Frank playing second fiddle only to
              publish it in the political section of Southern Cross Review. That's
              how they work, Jo Ann and Frank, trying to militarize
              anthroposophists and turn them all into hawkish, jingoist kooks like
              themselves. Tarjei is a member of NRA, Charlton Heston is his
              favorite screen actor next to John Wayne, and now he tells us that
              happiness is a hot firearm. Dottie wants all women back to the
              kitchen sink and off the workforce and even off the ballot, and she
              keeps raging against "liberal theology". She's with some weird
              organization called "Girls Against Bikinis", asking for a Christian
              Religious Police to patrol the beaches in Florida, California, and
              even on the French Riviera! Mike H is with the Minute Men and hunts
              Mexicans at the Arizona border, and all these people - Dottie, Mike
              H, Jo Ann, Tarjei, Frank and most of the others - they're members of
              an organization called AFB - Anthroposophists For Bush!

              The only voice of reason with some understanding around here is Mr.
              Lightsearcher, but it looks like Tarjei and Mike H have chased him
              away with their frightening ultra-right wing anthro-curses. There is
              nothing more sinister than occult right wing fascism.

              (shaking my head)

              Klaus
            • Theodor Grekenquist
              Message 6 of 19 , Dec 6, 2006
                At 19:40 06.12.2006, Mark Newbold wrote:

                >I will admit that the current state of Anthroposophy in the US at
                >least is extremely petit-bourgeois. Ah, you lean toward atheism
                >Theodor, good- freethought is a rare creature in this world. Simone
                >Weil observed that atheists are focused on the impersonal aspects of
                >a deity. Maybe you're an advaita vedantist and do not know it...cheers!

                I'm not so sure. Anthroposophy seems very alluring, but because of my
                MPD I'm afraid I would lose my grounding and run the risk of
                developing schizophrenia a la Steiner and some of these anthros.
                They've been playing games with my head here, and that is not good
                for me. And right now, I have this strange suspicion that someone
                here is being X'ed just like in the Jamie Kennedy Experiment. I may
                be a little paranoid, but I can't help myself.

                Regards,

                Theodor
              • Tarjei Straume
                Message 7 of 19 , Dec 6, 2006
                  Theodor wrote:

                  >And right now, I have this strange suspicion that someone here is
                  >being X'ed just like in the Jamie Kennedy Experiment.

                  Trollin' Trollin' Trollin'

                  Keep postin', postin', postin',
                  Though they're disapprostin',
                  Keep them anthros postin' Rawhide!
                  Don't try to understand 'em,
                  Just rope and throw and grab 'em,
                  Soon we'll be living high and wide.
                  Boy my heart's calculatin'
                  My double will be waitin', be waiting at the end of my ride.

                  Post 'em on, write 'em up,
                  Flame 'em up, post 'em out,
                  Post 'em on, flame 'em out Rawhide!
                  Set 'em out, ride 'em in
                  Ride 'em in, let 'em out,
                  Cut 'em out, ride 'em in Rawhide.

                  Trollin', trollin', trollin'
                  Trollin', trollin', trollin'
                  Trollin', trollin', trollin'
                  Trollin', trollin', trollin'
                  Rawhide!

                  Trollin', trollin', trollin'
                  Though the threads are swollen
                  Keep them anthros trollin'
                  Rawhide!
                  Rain and wind and weather
                  Hell-bent for leather
                  Wishin' my double was by my side.
                  All the things I'm missin',
                  Good vittles, love, and kissin',
                  Are waiting at the end of my ride

                  CHORUS
                  Post 'em on, flame 'em up
                  Flame 'em up, post 'em on
                  Post 'em on, flame 'em up
                  Rawhide
                  Count 'em out, ride 'em in,
                  Ride 'em in, count 'em out,
                  Count 'em out, ride 'em in
                  Rawhide!

                  Keep postin', postin', postin'
                  Though they're disapprostin'
                  Keep them anthros postin'
                  Rawhide!
                  Don't try to understand 'em
                  Just rope, throw, and brand 'em
                  Soon we'll be living high and wide.
                  My hearts calculatin'
                  My double will be waitin',
                  Be waitin' at the end of my ride.

                  Rawhide!
                  Rawhide!
                • Mike helsher
                  Message 8 of 19 , Dec 6, 2006
                    --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, mark newbold
                    <kalixtus77@...> wrote:

                    > Ye gods! Get me off this travesty of yahoo group going under the
                    misnomer Anthroposophy.

                    Yo Mark, Is there a "one and only right way" to be an athroposophist?
                    Should we under go some kind of internal cleansing, or practice or
                    free deeds of purity and piety in the guiding light of the christ
                    impulse. Does empathy have anything to do with anthroposophy, and if
                    we read stuff on the internet that is not long articuale,
                    intellectually astute, philosophical discoarse on the purity of
                    anthroposophy in it's holiest form, should we too high-tail it outa
                    here before we all get bitten by asura rats?

                    >Or maybe this is bizzaro land anthroposophy?

                    I'll second that emotion! I'll take Bizzaro anthroposophy anyday over
                    having some orthodox anthro telling me how I should think.

                    >Or perhaps it's gonzo anthroposophists in wonderland believing lots
                    of impossible things before breakfast?

                    Actually, I'm a recovered dope fiend that grew up in Bevis and
                    Butthead/Mystic River wonderland, believing lots of impossible things
                    that came true. As part of my personal "preperation" process, I have
                    volunteered my expert services as Official Chief of the newly founded
                    AT Basement Department. I believe that "Basementology" is gonna be
                    big (like indoor plumbing) and very important in uncovering the true
                    Light of the Christ Impulse, in the up coming War of "all against
                    all".

                    >Right wing Anthroposophists....sad or spooky?

                    Yup! "Kill-em all, let God sort-em out" is their Motto. But I think
                    it's beyond "sad or spooky", it's just plain stupid.

                    Mike
                  • Mike helsher
                    Message 9 of 19 , Dec 6, 2006
                      <straume@...> wrote:

                      > Theodor wrote:
                      >
                      > >And right now, I have this strange suspicion that someone here is
                      > >being X'ed just like in the Jamie Kennedy Experiment.
                      >
                      > Trollin' Trollin' Trollin'
                      >
                      > Keep postin', postin', postin',
                      > Though they're disapprostin',
                      > Keep them anthros postin' Rawhide!
                      > Don't try to understand 'em,
                      > Just rope and throw and grab 'em,
                      > Soon we'll be living high and wide.
                      > Boy my heart's calculatin'
                      > My double will be waitin', be waiting at the end of my ride.
                      >
                      > Post 'em on, write 'em up,
                      > Flame 'em up, post 'em out,
                      > Post 'em on, flame 'em out Rawhide!
                      > Set 'em out, ride 'em in
                      > Ride 'em in, let 'em out,
                      > Cut 'em out, ride 'em in Rawhide.
                      >
                      > Trollin', trollin', trollin'
                      > Trollin', trollin', trollin'
                      > Trollin', trollin', trollin'
                      > Trollin', trollin', trollin'
                      > Rawhide!
                      >
                      > Trollin', trollin', trollin'
                      > Though the threads are swollen
                      > Keep them anthros trollin'
                      > Rawhide!
                      > Rain and wind and weather
                      > Hell-bent for leather
                      > Wishin' my double was by my side.
                      > All the things I'm missin',
                      > Good vittles, love, and kissin',
                      > Are waiting at the end of my ride
                      >
                      > CHORUS
                      > Post 'em on, flame 'em up
                      > Flame 'em up, post 'em on
                      > Post 'em on, flame 'em up
                      > Rawhide
                      > Count 'em out, ride 'em in,
                      > Ride 'em in, count 'em out,
                      > Count 'em out, ride 'em in
                      > Rawhide!
                      >
                      > Keep postin', postin', postin'
                      > Though they're disapprostin'
                      > Keep them anthros postin'
                      > Rawhide!
                      > Don't try to understand 'em
                      > Just rope, throw, and brand 'em
                      > Soon we'll be living high and wide.
                      > My hearts calculatin'
                      > My double will be waitin',
                      > Be waitin' at the end of my ride.
                      >
                      > Rawhide!
                      > Rawhide!

                      :)

                      Ok, now you should call yourself

                      "Weird Tarjei Straumavitch"

                      Mike

                    • Mike T
                      Message 10 of 19 , Dec 7, 2006
                        Klaus,
                        Phew - glad you didn't include me in that diatribe,
                        Mike T

                        >From: Klaus Tue <ruptibra@...>
                        >To: anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com
                        >Subject: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Right wing anthros
                        >Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 20:15:24 +0100
                        >
                        >Mark:
                        >
                        > >Right wing Anthroposophists....sad or spooky?
                        >
                        >It's pathetic. Disgusting too. Jo Ann keeps pounding this wight wing
                        >propaganda all the time, with Frank playing second fiddle only to
                        >publish it in the political section of Southern Cross Review. That's
                        >how they work, Jo Ann and Frank, trying to militarize
                        >anthroposophists and turn them all into hawkish, jingoist kooks like
                        >themselves. Tarjei is a member of NRA, Charlton Heston is his
                        >favorite screen actor next to John Wayne, and now he tells us that
                        >happiness is a hot firearm. Dottie wants all women back to the
                        >kitchen sink and off the workforce and even off the ballot, and she
                        >keeps raging against "liberal theology". She's with some weird
                        >organization called "Girls Against Bikinis", asking for a Christian
                        >Religious Police to patrol the beaches in Florida, California, and
                        >even on the French Riviera! Mike H is with the Minute Men and hunts
                        >Mexicans at the Arizona border, and all these people - Dottie, Mike
                        >H, Jo Ann, Tarjei, Frank and most of the others - they're members of
                        >an organization called AFB - Anthroposophists For Bush!
                        >
                        >The only voice of reason with some understanding around here is Mr.
                        >Lightsearcher, but it looks like Tarjei and Mike H have chased him
                        >away with their frightening ultra-right wing anthro-curses. There is
                        >nothing more sinister than occult right wing fascism.
                        >
                        >(shaking my head)
                        >
                        >Klaus

                        Advertisement: Fresh jobs daily. Stop waiting for the newspaper. Search Now!
                        www.seek.com.au
                        http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fninemsn%2Eseek%2Ecom%2Eau&_t=757263760&_r=Hotmail_EndText_Dec06&_m=EXT
                      • Cheeseandsalsa@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 19 , Dec 7, 2006
                          Klaus, I agree and my mouth is on the floor.  I don't know the people in this group very well and well am now quite amazed.  Occult right wing facism wow, AFB, it seems something twisted in the minds of spiritual seekers trying to live in a human world justifying their own political views and it seems to me that they just plaster on any peice of crap onto their own etheric feilds and don't take responsibility for them!  Wow, Chantel

                          Ask the wild bee what the druids knew. ~Old English Adage
                        • Jo Ann Schwartz
                          Message 12 of 19 , Dec 7, 2006
                            Hi Chantel,

                            ROTFLMAO!! Don't let Klaus there sell you any bridges, mmmkay?

                            Here's the sort of "ultra-right-wing" editorial in Southern Cross Review that gets
                            Klaus' knickers in a knot:

                            http://southerncrossreview.org/47/editorial-jaccuse.htm

                            The image at the top of the page is something I helped whip up. (I can also get you
                            a deal on an "ITMFA" button if you need one. <G>)

                            Wow, indeed.
                            JoAnn

                            --- Chantel wrote:
                            > Klaus, I agree and my mouth is on the floor. I don't know the people in
                            > this group very well and well am now quite amazed. Occult right wing facism
                            > wow, AFB, it seems something twisted in the minds of spiritual seekers trying to
                            > live in a human world justifying their own political views and it seems to
                            > me that they just plaster on any peice of crap onto their own etheric feilds
                            > and don't take responsibility for them! Wow, Chantel

                            ~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
                            I am not willing to give up my constitutional rights
                            just because I have nothing to hide."
                          • Cheeseandsalsa@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 19 , Dec 7, 2006
                              Wow, thanks Joanna this group is the most unique list I am on truly.  I would love a deal on a ITMFA button.  Wow, not lmao just stumped by the personalities on this list.  I'll get to the article later thanks for the link. Chantel

                              Message 14 of 19 , Dec 7, 2006
                                --- Chantel wrote:
                                > Wow, thanks Joanna this group is the most unique list I am on truly. I
                                > would love a deal on a ITMFA button. Wow, not lmao just stumped by the
                                > personalities on this list. I'll get to the article later thanks for the link.

                                For an ITMFA button, contact me off-list at sr_joanna at yahoo dot com [first come,
                                first serve... They're not 'official,' but since Dan Savage says he's out of the
                                biz, I don't think he'll mind. See www.itmfa.com for more info]

                                As for this list.... well, it seems pretty tame to me. But then, after a decade and
                                more on the Steiner internets, not much surprises me any more. Of course, if you
                                *really* want to see right wing anthros in action, you might try bringing politics
                                up on Starman's list. <WG>

                                Musing on the contradictions inherent in all we do....
                                JoAnn

                                ~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
                                Message 15 of 19 , Dec 7, 2006
                                  Surrogate Father

                                  >The Browns were unable to conceive children, and decided to use a
                                  >surrogate father to start their family.
                                  >

                                  >On the day the proxy father was to arrive, Mr Smith kissed his wife
                                  >and said, "I'm off. The man should be here soon."
                                  >
                                  >Half an hour later, just by chance, Roger, a door-to-door baby
                                  >photographer rang the doorbell, hoping to make a sale. "Good morning
                                  >madam, I've come to..."
                                  >
                                  >"Oh, no need to explain, I've been expecting you," Mrs Brown cut in.
                                  >
                                  >"Really?" the photographer asked. "Well good! I've made a specialty
                                  >of babies."
                                  >
                                  >"That's what my husband and I had hoped. Please come in and have a
                                  >seat."
                                  >
                                  >After a moment she asked, blushing, "Well, where do we start?"
                                  >
                                  >"Leave everything to me. I usually try two in the bathtub, one on
                                  the
                                  >couch and perhaps a couple on the bed. Sometime the living room
                                  floor
                                  >is fun too... you can really spread out!!"
                                  >

                                  >"Bathtub, living room floor? No wonder it didn't work for Harry and
                                  >me."
                                  >

                                  >"Well, madam, none of us can guarantee a good one every time. But if
                                  >we try several different positions and shoot from six or seven
                                  >angles, I'm sure you'll be pleased with the results."
                                  >

                                  >"My, my, that's a lot of..." gasped Mrs Brown.
                                  >

                                  >"Madam, in my line of work, a man must take his time. I'd love to be
                                  >in and out in five minutes, but you'd be disappointed with that, I'm
                                  >sure."
                                  >

                                  >"Don't I know it," Mrs Brown muttered.
                                  >

                                  >The photographer opened his briefcase and pulled out a portfolio of
                                  >his baby pictures.
                                  >

                                  >"This was done on top of a bus."
                                  >

                                  >"Oh my goodness!" Mrs Brown exclaimed, tugging at her handkerchief.
                                  >

                                  >"And these twins turned out exceptionally well, when you consider
                                  >their mother was so difficult to work with."
                                  >

                                  >"She was difficult?" asked Mrs Brown.
                                  >

                                  >"Yes, I'm afraid so. I finally had to take her to the park to get
                                  the
                                  >job done right. People were crowding around four and five deep,
                                  >pushing to get a good look."
                                  >

                                  >"Four and five deep?" asked Mrs Brown, eyes widened in amazement.
                                  >

                                  >"Yes" the photographer said. "And for more than three hours, too.
                                  The
                                  >mother was constantly squealing and yelling, I could hardly
                                  >concentrate!!"
                                  >

                                  >Then darkness approached and I began to rush my shots. Finally, when
                                  >the squirrels began nibbling on my equipment, I just packed it all
                                  >in."
                                  >

                                  >Mrs. Brown leaned forward. "You mean they actually chewed on your
                                  >um....equipment?"
                                  >

                                  >"That's right. Well madam, if you're ready, I'll set up my tripod so
                                  >that we can get to work."
                                  >

                                  >"Tripod??"
                                  >

                                  >"Oh yes, I have to use a tripod to rest my Canon on. It's much too
                                  >big for me to hold for very long. Madam? Madam? Good grief, she's
                                  >fainted!!!"

                                • free2bfizzy28
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Dec 9, 2006
                                    <straume@...> wrote:

                                    > Trollin' Trollin' Trollin'

                                    Well, I tried to run my game
                                    She said Man, that's the same old thing I've heard before
                                    And I'm too tired to go for your show (again and again)
                                    And she started to explain
                                    She said Man, I ain't sayin' what you're playin' just can't make it
                                    But I just can't take it anymore

                                    Play somethin' sweet, play somethin' mellow
                                    Play somethin' I can sink my teeth in like Jello
                                    Play something I can understand
                                    Play me some Brickyard Blues
                                    Play somethin' sweet and make it funky
                                    Just let me lay back and grin like a monkey
                                    Play something I can understand
                                    Play me some Brickyard Blues

                                    Well, I started to sweat
                                    She said Don't get upset 'cause you just might break a string
                                    And that won't do a thing for your show
                                    So I said to myself
                                    I said Self, do you see what is sailin' through my soul?
                                    And I gotta have some more, don't ya know

                                    Play somethin' sweet, play somethin' mellow
                                    Play somethin' I can sink my teeth in like Jello
                                    Play something I can understand
                                    Play me some Brickyard Blues
                                    Play somethin' sweet and make it funky
                                    Just let me lay back and grin like a monkey
                                    Play something I can understand
                                    Play me some Brickyard Blues

                                    It's enough to make it light in the dark
                                    It's enough to make a bite just a bark
                                    It's enough to make a body move around
                                    It's enough to make a rabbit hug a dog
                                    Play somethin' sweet

                                    ------ instrumental break ------

[...]

                                    - written by Allen Toussaint
                                    - as recorded by Three Dog Night (released September 28, 1974)
                                    - entered the Billboard Top 40 the week of November 2, 1974 and
                                    stayed for 3 weeks, peaking at #33 the week of November 16, 1974.
                                    - also recorded by Maria Muldaur in 1974 on her album Waitress in a
                                    Donut Shop
                                  • Tarjei Straume
                                    Message 17 of 19 , Dec 10, 2006
                                      At 17:36 09.12.2006, you wrote:

                                      >Well, I started to sweat
                                      >She said Don't get upset

                                      Well, I wus sittin' home alone an' started to sweat,
                                      Figured they wus in my T.V. set.
                                      Peeked behind the picture frame,
                                      Got a shock from my feet, hittin' right up in the brain.

                                      (Bob Dylan)
                                    • free2bfizzy28
                                      Message 18 of 19 , Dec 10, 2006
                                        <straume@...> wrote:

                                        > At 17:36 09.12.2006, you wrote:
                                        >
                                        > >Well, I started to sweat
                                        > >She said Don't get upset
                                        >
                                        > Well, I wus sittin' home alone an' started to sweat,
                                        > Figured they wus in my T.V. set.
                                        > Peeked behind the picture frame,
                                        > Got a shock from my feet, hittin' right up in the brain.
                                        >
                                        > (Bob Dylan)

                                        Who could say
                                        What was left and where was right?
                                        By the way