Hole Quote of the Month

  • Tarjei Straume
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 24, 2006
      Walden:
      "One more time . . . what do YOU think of spiritually justified
      genocide and anti-Semitism?"

      Uncle Taz commenteth:
      The charge of anti-Semitism isn't juicy enough for the Hole Dwellers.
      Now they're accusing Steiner and the Anthroposophical Movement of mass murder.

      Tarjei
    • Jo Ann Schwartz
      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 25, 2006
        > Walden:
        > "One more time . . . what do YOU think of spiritually justified
        > genocide and anti-Semitism?"
        >
        > Uncle Taz commenteth:
        > The charge of anti-Semitism isn't juicy enough for the Hole Dwellers.
        > Now they're accusing Steiner and the Anthroposophical Movement of mass murder.

        I'm sorry, and this surprises you because???

        Really, these folks are so caught up in their fight club mentality that they have
        reached the point where there is no accusation too inflamatory to be hurled, no line
        they will not cross. Like Judy Miller (formerly of the NY Times), they must be
        "proved fucking right" even when preponderance of the evidence says otherwise.

        Musing our world is what we will it to be...
        JoAnn

        ~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
        *****Cheney delenda est!*****
      • Tarjei Straume
        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 14, 2007
          "Instead of letting my words speak for themselves, Tarjei introduced
          them by drawing conclusions from them that were far from the truth."

          ( -- Margaret Sachs, Tue Aug 14, 2007)

          Rings a bell, anyone?

          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 9, 2010
            "We are a lousy, violent bunch."

            ( -- Roger Rawlings, Tue Nov 9, 2010)

          • val2160
            Message 5 of 15 , Nov 10, 2010

              Message 6 of 15 , Nov 10, 2010
                I think Roger really speaks for himself truly. That's a demented cat if any in the critics list. Pretty disgusting his work I have found.

                Message 7 of 15 , Nov 10, 2010
                  I was playing this the hole-way by deliberately quoting him out of context so they can taste their own medicine. He was talking about America and gun ownership. Yes, he's got guns, but he has to cross an ocean and get his hardware through customs to get a shot at me ;)

                  Message 8 of 15 , Nov 10, 2010
                    Well it fit him to a T from what I've read of his twisted understanding of Rudolf Steiner and his works, he's the worst of the worst so it was appropriate out of context or in.....

                    I was playing this the hole-way by deliberately quoting him out of context so they can taste their own medicine. He was talking about America and gun ownership. Yes, he's got guns, but he has to cross an ocean and get his hardware through customs to get a shot at me ;)

                    > I think Roger really speaks for himself truly. That's a demented cat if any in the critics list. Pretty disgusting his work I have found.

                    > "Hence only by means of love can we give real help for karma to work out in the right way." Rudolf Steiner

                    <*> Your email settings:
                        Individual Email | Traditional

                    <*> To change settings online go to:
                        (Yahoo! ID required)

                    <*> To change settings via email:

                        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                  • ted.wrinch
                    Message 9 of 15 , Nov 11, 2010
                      Dottie,

                      I find his situation more complex than you describe. He is one of the few on that list that tries to act out of a sense of heartfullness. Just he fails. His work is twisted - and bitter - as you say. I think his problems stem, like most over there, from an atrophied sense for the truth.

                      T.

                      Ted Wrinch

                      Message 10 of 15 , Nov 11, 2010

                        > I was playing this the hole-way by deliberately quoting him out of context so they can taste their own medicine. He was talking about America and gun ownership. Yes, he's got guns, but he has to cross an ocean and get his hardware through customs to get a shot at me ;)
                        >
                        > Tarjei

                        Don't feel so safe, Tarjei. This guy Roger is a fucking raving lunatic. I'm sure he'd like a shot at you...and ME! He describes himself as a very good, gentle person and only likes to shoot noxious animals. Nevertheless, being so good, he must feel that bumping us off would be good---for the world and for all those poor kids in Waldorf schools. But we are far away. All he has to do is sell his guns and use the money to buy more in Norway or Argentina...or both. I don't know about you, but I'm ready for him. If he shows up at the airport my ..er...friends in immigration will disappear him into a cement coffin at the bottom of the Rio de la Plata. Know any likely fjords at your end?
                        Message 11 of 15 , Feb 1, 2011
                          "the Waldorf Critics are to anthroposophy as masturbaters are to sex." ( -- Frank)

                          Message 12 of 15 , Feb 4, 2011

                            > "the Waldorf Critics are to anthroposophy as masturbaters are to sex." ( -- Frank)

                            "And above all we should not think that the sharpest powers of opposition are not active from all sides against what strives for the well-being of humanity.
                            I have already indicated to you what is being done in the world in opposition to our movement, what hostility is activated against us. I feel myself obliged to make these things known to you, so that you should never say to yourself: We have already refuted this or that. We have refuted nothing, because these opponents are not interested in the truth. They prefer to ignore as much as possible the facts and simply aim slanderous accusations from all corners..."
                            R. Steiner - The History and Actuality of Imperialism
                            http://www.southerncrossreview.org/75/imperialism3.html
                          • val2160
                            Message 13 of 15 , Feb 6, 2011

                              > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "elfuncle" elfuncle@ wrote:
                              > >
                              > > "the Waldorf Critics are to anthroposophy as masturbaters are to sex." ( -- Frank)

                              > "And above all we should not think that the sharpest powers of opposition are not active from all sides against what strives for the well-being of humanity.
                              > I have already indicated to you what is being done in the world in opposition to our movement, what hostility is activated against us. I feel myself obliged to make these things known to you, so that you should never say to yourself: We have already refuted this or that. We have refuted nothing, because these opponents are not interested in the truth. They prefer to ignore as much as possible the facts and simply aim slanderous accusations from all corners..."
                              > R. Steiner - The History and Actuality of Imperialism
                              > http://www.southerncrossreview.org/75/imperialism3.html

                              "So, remember that whether you have a good reputation or a bad one, it has no objective reality at all. It is not worth caring about. The great teachers of the past never bothered about such things. They always answered slander and disparagement with kindness and with patience."
                              -- Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche
                              Message 14 of 15 , Feb 6, 2011
                                --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "val2160" <wdenval@...> wrote:

                                > <http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_HF-7BiYhl7w/TU4aDwhbI_I/AAAAAAAAI38/pkbk62NQb\
                                > P0/s1600/dilgo-khyentse-rinpoche.jpg> "So, remember that whether you
                                > have a good reputation or a bad one, it has no objective reality at all.
                                > It is not worth caring about. The great teachers of the past never
                                > bothered about such things. They always answered slander and
                                > disparagement with kindness and with patience." -- Dilgo Khyentse
                                > Rinpoche

                                Not Rudy's style.
                                f.
                              • val2160
                                Message 15 of 15 , Feb 6, 2011

                                  \
                                  > > P0/s1600/dilgo-khyentse-rinpoche.jpg> "So, remember that whether you
                                  > > have a good reputation or a bad one, it has no objective reality at
                                  all.
                                  > > It is not worth caring about. The great teachers of the past never
                                  > > bothered about such things. They always answered slander and
                                  > > disparagement with kindness and with patience." -- Dilgo Khyentse
                                  > > Rinpoche
                                  > >
                                  > Not Rudy's style.
                                  > f.
                                  No shit, Sherlock.-Val