PENTAGON FBI IRS ETC WATCHING YOU!

  • Tarjei Straume
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 24, 2006
      As we already know, the FBI is wasting precious resources badly needed for tracking down murderers and missing children, to spy on every imaginable activist group from Greenpeace to animal rights and pro-choicers and anyone else whose views don't coincide with those of Bush & Cheney, even old ladies' teaparties where politics may be discussed, and sometimes such clubs get a phone call from FBI with a direct or implied warning. Taking into consideration that Bush has a drunk driving record, they probably keep tabs on MADD (Mothers Against Drunk Drivers) as well. Nothing surprises anymore.

      The IRS is also involved in this political espionage. Some church in California was threatened with having their tax exempt status pulled because the pastor or priest had criticized the administration's politics in a sermon. The IRS said that non-profit religious orgs were not allowed to meddle in politics. There was a teacher btw who was to be indicted for SEDITION of all things because she spoke against US policy. People are threatened with charges of treason and all sorts of crap under the Espionage Act or something like that because the nation is allegedly at war. The US is NOT at war ("war" is a BIG lie - an excuse for martial law someday?), because a war means that two armies are fighting against each other. Where's the other army, where's the enemy state or nation?

      Now check this out:

      http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15856195/from/ET/

      Dems want to see citizen-monitoring database
      Pentagon has been keeping tabs on groups perceived as security threat

      By Lisa Myers
      Senior investigative correspondent
      NBC News
      Updated: 8:03 p.m. ET Nov. 22, 2006

      Ayear ago, an NBC News investigation revealed the existence of a secret Pentagon database that included information on antiwar protests and American peace activists.

      Now, newly disclosed documents reveal new details on who was targeted and which other government agencies may have helped monitor Americans. At universities across the country, an antiwar group called Veterans for Peace has staged protests by setting up crosses for soldiers killed in Iraq. In New Mexico last year, the local paper described the event as a display of honor.

      But a previously secret Pentagon intelligence report labeled that same event a "threat to military installations." The report lists the group's upcoming events and warns that while it's a "peaceful organization," there is potential that "future protest could become violent."

      "No, we are not a threat to military installations," says Michael McPhearson, the leader of Veterans for Peace and a former Army captain whose son recently returned from Iraq. "We are not a threat to military installations. We're not trying to blow up anything or anything of that nature.

      "It angers me that the rights I'm supposed to be protecting I can't exercise without the government looking at me and calling me the enemy," McPhearson says.

      Pentagon documents obtained by the American Civil Liberties Union provide new details on how even Quakers and churches came to be labeled "threats" worthy of the attention of the military.

      "What's clear is that there's a proliferation of surveillance and targeting of Americans who have done nothing wrong, other than disagree with the government," Anthony Romero says. The documents also suggest for the first time that agents of the Department of Homeland Security played a role in monitoring antiwar activities. A DHS spokesman says agents merely disseminated public information about public events that could impact federal buildings.

      The Pentagon admits it made a mistake in collecting information on 186 antiwar protests but claims the problem has been fixed.

      That isn’t good enough for Senate Democrats.

      "I fully intend to ask what's in those databanks, because many of them go way beyond any legitimate needs for our security," says Vermont Sen. Patrick Leahy.

      Congress wants to know not just what data was collected, but why and how it was to be used.
      © 2006 MSNBC Interactive