Re: Enjoyment

  • gaelman58
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 14, 2006
      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, Frank Smith
      <eltrigal78@...> wrote:

      > --- gaelman58 <gaelman58@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Friends: I tend to enjoy the posts of Peter S.
      > > because I find some
      > > of the things he writes humorous. I certainly don't
      > > mean laughable
      > > in the sense of ridicule...I mean he's apparently
      > > earnest and wishes
      > > to be taken seriously. That would not, of course,
      > > be particular to
      > > him, would it?
      > >
      > > Consider these bits from the forwarded post:
      >
      > (snip)
      > > "I loathe Stirner..."...probably in the same way
      > > that Frank loathes
      > > the seminal thinker and problem solver, George
      > > Steinbrunner.
      >
      > He's wrong again. I LOVE Steinbrunner, because he
      > fucks up the Yankees spending loads of dough on the
      > most expensive players, forgetting that it's a team
      > that wins, not the payroll. Meanwhile the
      > Mets...well..wait till next year.
      >
      > Frank
      >

      > Frank Thomas Smith
      > http://SouthernCrossReview.org

      > http://new.mail.yahoo.com

      Well, Frank, I'm thinking credit ought be given where it's due...I
      recall you've touted two teams here...the Mets and Detroit...both
      made the Series...as for Steinbrunner, there are some who think he's
      he's guilty of crimes against humanity owing to what he did to Yogi
      Berra in the 80's...I'd be one of them.

      As for the loather and loathee mentioned above...they have something
      in common :)...according to things they've written they hold a
      belief that's fairly common...that is, they believe that the mental
      processes take place literally "in the head"...a dogma of
      materialistic science, eh?...D.