Ms. Winters the Pessimist

    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 6, 2006
      No wonder Ms. Winters did not like Waldorf:

      Ms. Winters pontificating once again:
      "Childhood is not a magical place, Charlie; childhood
      is a period of life, everyone has one. It is one thing
      to be concerned for victims of violence but totally
      absurd to wring our hands about their "childhood" -
      let alone "childhood" per se. It's right wing palaver
      masquerading as something progressive"

      Dottie: The more they live to tell a thing over at the
      hole the more they trip themselves up about the real
      reasons they don't agree with a Waldorf education.

      Whew,

      http://new.mail.yahoo.com
    • Tarjei Straume
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 6, 2006
        Very keen observation, Dottie. Bull's eye. Diana has made very clear
        her strong animosity against everything spiritual, including
        religions. The idea that childhood and magic are connected is, of
        course, abhorrent to her. If any children feel drawn to magic,
        through their own creativity or through the literature of C. S.
        Lewis, Lewis Carroll, Joanne "Jo" Rowling (Harry Potter), plus
        innumerable Hollywood movies for children, featuring magic,
        witchcraft, fantasy, imagination, anthros or anthro-infected
        predators are behind it, steeped as they are in medieval
        pseudo-science, quackery, magic, and such deadly poisons that corrupt
        the souls of the young, except they have no souls, of course, nobody does.

        I just came across something interesting. There's been some editing
        wars lately at Wikipedia over various articles related to Steiner and
        anthroposophy. Well guess what, the Wikipedia article about Harry
        Potter has been subject to vandalism lately:

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Potter

        "Because of recent vandalism or other disruption, editing of this
        article by unregistered or newly registered users is currently disabled."

        So the vandals are not only targeting anthroposophy, but Joanne "Jo"
        Rowling's authorship as well. What's next? Will these vandals also
        attack the works of C. S. Lewis, Lewis Carroll, and others? I seem to
        recall that the Grimm Brothers' fairy tales are high up on diana's
        target list, and so are Norwegian fairy tales, especially with the
        hero chopping heads off trolls and all that. Apparently, hatred
        against magic comes primarily from Christian fundamentalists at the
        radical right, the rapture people. And those are the very people
        Diana and her fellow Hole-rodents have gone to bed with in their
        battle against anthroposophy, which they perceive to be the root of
        all magic, quackery, and similar evil, although there's no such thing
        as evil, of course, just like nobody has a soul.

        Well, even if nobody has a soul and there's no such thing as magic,
        no gods, no discarnate spirits or anything like that, we're still
        left with the indisputable fact that the Unthinkable Facility, the
        Unplumbed Toilet and its Abyss, the portal into utter darkness
        guarded by Asuric beings in the shape of meat-eating (ass-biting)
        rats, is very real indeed, and everything spewed from that place proves it.

        Tarjei

        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 7, 2006
          Whew. You see, here's what the problem is: they all
          want to be the experts. And the only others who get to
          be right are those that agree with their science only!
          ideology.

          Dr. Dugan:

          "We had a long discussion of this a few years ago. If
          I recall correctly, the reason menarche has moved down
          in age is -- better nutrition!"

          Sponsored Link

          Talk more and pay less. Vonage can save you up to $300 a year on your phone bill.
          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 7, 2006
            Tadaaaa the infamous Peter Staudenmaier:

            http://www.einaudi.cornell.edu/Europe/funding/luigi.asp

            Message 5 of 14 , Nov 7, 2006
              http://www.einaudi.cornell.edu/Europe/funding/luigi.asp

              Interesting neck I would say. d

              Sponsored Link

              Get a free Motorola Razr! Today Only!
              Choose Cingular, Sprint, Verizon, Alltel, or T-Mobile.
              http://www.letstalk.com/inlink.htm?to=592913
            • Lennart Sundström
              Message 6 of 14 , Nov 8, 2006
                Congratulations! Dear Fellow Americans,

                Rumsfeld´s gone.
                Robert Gates to go.

                God bless America and sweet peacegreetings from the subways in the outskirts of the Empire,
                Lennart

                Message 7 of 14 , Nov 8, 2006
                  Lennart wrote:

                  >Dear Fellow Americans,
                  >
                  >Rumsfeld´s gone.
                  >Robert Gates to go.
                  >
                  >God bless America and sweet peacegreetings from
                  >the subways in the outskirts of the Empire,
                  >Lennart

                  God is blushing in embarrassment at all this
                  awful "God bless" stuff, and I don't think America can take much more of it.

                  Tarjei
                • Michael Howell
                  Message 8 of 14 , Nov 9, 2006
                    His eyes are too close together!
                    Message 9 of 14 , Nov 9, 2006
                      Michael, one can see a thing in the future organ of
                      creation: throat chakra. It is my experience that
                      certain people all sides of the spectrum can be shown
                      what ails them in the throat chakra: for good or for
                      bad.

                      If we look at Mr. Staudenmaier's throat chakra, and
                      not meaning to, I mean it just jumps out just like a
                      few others, one can see something of startling
                      clarity. But I don't think of it as good or bad rather
                      I think of it as 'oh damn! look at that, look what he
                      has to deal with. I think we all have this test to
                      overcome that which moves within us propelling us one
                      way or the other. Our antipathies and our sympathies
                      in this lifetime can not be the guiding power, it must
                      come from our own inner freedom, our own kernal of the
                      I Am seed within earh of us.

                      My thoughts,
                      Dottie
                      > Tadaaaa the infamous Peter Staudenmaier:

                      http://www.einaudi.cornell.edu/Europe/funding/luigi.asp

                      > Sponsored Link
                      >
                      > Talk more and pay less. Vonage can save you up to
                      > $300 a year on your phone bill.
                      > Sign up now. http://www.vonage.com/startsavingnow/

                      http://new.mail.yahoo.com
                    • Frank Smith
                      Message 10 of 14 , Nov 11, 2006
                        --- gaelman58 <gaelman58@...> wrote:

                        > Friends: I tend to enjoy the posts of Peter S.
                        > because I find some
                        > of the things he writes humorous. I certainly don't
                        > mean laughable
                        > in the sense of ridicule...I mean he's apparently
                        > earnest and wishes
                        > to be taken seriously. That would not, of course,
                        > be particular to
                        > him, would it?
                        >
                        > Consider these bits from the forwarded post:

                        (snip)
                        > "I loathe Stirner..."...probably in the same way
                        > that Frank loathes
                        > the seminal thinker and problem solver, George
                        > Steinbrunner.

                        He's wrong again. I LOVE Steinbrunner, because he
                        fucks up the Yankees spending loads of dough on the
                        most expensive players, forgetting that it's a team
                        that wins, not the payroll. Meanwhile the
                        Mets...well..wait till next year.

                        Frank

                        Frank Thomas Smith
                        http://SouthernCrossReview.org

                        http://new.mail.yahoo.com
                      • gaelman58
                        Message 11 of 14 , Nov 14, 2006
                          --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, Frank Smith
                          <eltrigal78@...> wrote:

                          > --- gaelman58 <gaelman58@...> wrote:
                          >
                          > > Friends: I tend to enjoy the posts of Peter S.
                          > > because I find some
                          > > of the things he writes humorous. I certainly don't
                          > > mean laughable
                          > > in the sense of ridicule...I mean he's apparently
                          > > earnest and wishes
                          > > to be taken seriously. That would not, of course,
                          > > be particular to
                          > > him, would it?
                          > >
                          > > Consider these bits from the forwarded post:
                          >
                          > (snip)
                          > > "I loathe Stirner..."...probably in the same way
                          > > that Frank loathes
                          > > the seminal thinker and problem solver, George
                          > > Steinbrunner.
                          >
                          > He's wrong again. I LOVE Steinbrunner, because he
                          > fucks up the Yankees spending loads of dough on the
                          > most expensive players, forgetting that it's a team
                          > that wins, not the payroll. Meanwhile the
                          > Mets...well..wait till next year.
                          >
                          > Frank
                          >

                          > Frank Thomas Smith
                          > http://SouthernCrossReview.org

                          > http://new.mail.yahoo.com

                          Well, Frank, I'm thinking credit ought be given where it's due...I
                          recall you've touted two teams here...the Mets and Detroit...both
                          made the Series...as for Steinbrunner, there are some who think he's
                          he's guilty of crimes against humanity owing to what he did to Yogi
                          Berra in the 80's...I'd be one of them.

                          As for the loather and loathee mentioned above...they have something
                          in common :)...according to things they've written they hold a
                          belief that's fairly common...that is, they believe that the mental
                          processes take place literally "in the head"...a dogma of
                          materialistic science, eh?...D.