Enjoyment

  • gaelman58
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 6, 2006
      Friends: I tend to enjoy the posts of Peter S. because I find some
      of the things he writes humorous. I certainly don't mean laughable
      in the sense of ridicule...I mean he's apparently earnest and wishes
      to be taken seriously. That would not, of course, be particular to
      him, would it?

      Consider these bits from the forwarded post:

      "I think they (i.e. Steiner's early stuff) contain a mildly
      interesting epistemology that was pretty much run of the mill for
      its time and place"...yeah, those other guys are so much more
      interesting and I'll point them out to you as soon as I can bring
      them to mind :)

      "I loathe Stirner..."...probably in the same way that Frank loathes
      the seminal thinker and problem solver, George Steinbrunner.

      Re the sentence: "Steiner succumbed to one of the basic
      epistemological errors of modern occultism by failing to distinguish
      between perception and interpretation", Peter wrote, "...it was by
      no means my unique and brilliant idea"...Now, if you don't fool
      around with epistemology you're not going to see what is truly funny
      there...it's in the "epistemological errors of modern occultism" as
      well as the "perception and interpretation"...rather like
      considering the "thermodynamics errors of modern necromancy" and
      failing to distinguish between "sensing and elucidation"...ah well,
      maybe the man wrote that stuff with tongue in cheek.

      Perhaps the best bit is Peter's suggestion that one should not ask
      for "clarification, elaboration, correction and so on" of ideas from
      dead people...we really should keep that in mind...at least those of
      us who fancy that we can communicate with the deceased.

      Peter ends with greetings to Tarjei and everyone else. An
      interpretation (and only that): He sees what most here see...there
      are more "brighties" on the AT than on the WC and therefore he's
      making an appeal. He enjoys discussion and argumentation and would
      prefer to do that with those that he deems intellectually
      sound...and, of course, he's fascinated with the Austrian :)...A
      suggestion (and only that): The man should drop the excruciatingly
      stupid nonsense linking Steiner with the "ism"s...that can be left
      to those who really don't have too much to say of
      substance...regards, G.
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 6, 2006
        My experience of Peter is that he is trying to show
        that not only was Rudolf Steiner and atheist in his
        early years but also that he cherry picked the
        spiritual insights from Theosophy and others who lived
        during that time.

        I started to read the thoughts of Peter and I had to
        stop as I found it to be so idiotic that someone would
        be that closed off to the reality of the work. I mean
        he uses words that sound like they mean something and
        then when you look for some coherence between Rudolf
        Steiner's work and Staudenmaiers comments on the
        subject one has to wonder how he could be so far
        afield as he finds himself. I mean who does he think
        is going to buy that malarky he has just written.
        Keith might entertain him a bit from a intellectual
        circlearoundthewagon this word means this and that
        word means that, but that's about all one can do with
        such ignorance.

        But it's interesting. It's interesting that Peter and
        Diana and the whole crew over there are pouring over
        Philosophy of Freedom and other works. Even though
        they are looking to negate it I find it highly
        interesting that they are as involved as they are.

        Looking at it from a spiritual point of view one has
        to wonder what they are building in themselves.
        Reading Emmichovens work on Anthroposophy one comes to
        realize that the Soul and Spirit are working together
        to help the human being move through these antipathies
        and sympathies in our lives. Then we have the I come
        in and make its move little by little. So although it
        looks like Staudenmaier opposes the work after
        Philosophy of Freedom I find that there must be some
        intimate reasoning of his spirit to be working it.

        I mean can you imagine the years this man has spent
        misunderstanding Anthroposophy and the work of Rudolf
        Steiner? And now he is getting into the
        epistomologies? His spirit seems to be outsmarting him
        is what it looks like to me.

        Whew,

        http://new.mail.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 6, 2006
          No wonder Ms. Winters did not like Waldorf:

          Ms. Winters pontificating once again:
          "Childhood is not a magical place, Charlie; childhood
          is a period of life, everyone has one. It is one thing
          to be concerned for victims of violence but totally
          absurd to wring our hands about their "childhood" -
          let alone "childhood" per se. It's right wing palaver
          masquerading as something progressive"

          Dottie: The more they live to tell a thing over at the
          hole the more they trip themselves up about the real
          reasons they don't agree with a Waldorf education.

          Whew,

          http://new.mail.yahoo.com
        • Tarjei Straume
          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 6, 2006
            Very keen observation, Dottie. Bull's eye. Diana has made very clear
            her strong animosity against everything spiritual, including
            religions. The idea that childhood and magic are connected is, of
            course, abhorrent to her. If any children feel drawn to magic,
            through their own creativity or through the literature of C. S.
            Lewis, Lewis Carroll, Joanne "Jo" Rowling (Harry Potter), plus
            innumerable Hollywood movies for children, featuring magic,
            witchcraft, fantasy, imagination, anthros or anthro-infected
            predators are behind it, steeped as they are in medieval
            pseudo-science, quackery, magic, and such deadly poisons that corrupt
            the souls of the young, except they have no souls, of course, nobody does.

            I just came across something interesting. There's been some editing
            wars lately at Wikipedia over various articles related to Steiner and
            anthroposophy. Well guess what, the Wikipedia article about Harry
            Potter has been subject to vandalism lately:

            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Potter

            "Because of recent vandalism or other disruption, editing of this
            article by unregistered or newly registered users is currently disabled."

            So the vandals are not only targeting anthroposophy, but Joanne "Jo"
            Rowling's authorship as well. What's next? Will these vandals also
            attack the works of C. S. Lewis, Lewis Carroll, and others? I seem to
            recall that the Grimm Brothers' fairy tales are high up on diana's
            target list, and so are Norwegian fairy tales, especially with the
            hero chopping heads off trolls and all that. Apparently, hatred
            against magic comes primarily from Christian fundamentalists at the
            radical right, the rapture people. And those are the very people
            Diana and her fellow Hole-rodents have gone to bed with in their
            battle against anthroposophy, which they perceive to be the root of
            all magic, quackery, and similar evil, although there's no such thing
            as evil, of course, just like nobody has a soul.

            Well, even if nobody has a soul and there's no such thing as magic,
            no gods, no discarnate spirits or anything like that, we're still
            left with the indisputable fact that the Unthinkable Facility, the
            Unplumbed Toilet and its Abyss, the portal into utter darkness
            guarded by Asuric beings in the shape of meat-eating (ass-biting)
            rats, is very real indeed, and everything spewed from that place proves it.

            Tarjei

            Message 5 of 14 , Nov 7, 2006
              Whew. You see, here's what the problem is: they all
              want to be the experts. And the only others who get to
              be right are those that agree with their science only!
              ideology.

              Dr. Dugan:

              "We had a long discussion of this a few years ago. If
              I recall correctly, the reason menarche has moved down
              in age is -- better nutrition!"

              Sponsored Link

              Talk more and pay less. Vonage can save you up to $300 a year on your phone bill.
              Message 6 of 14 , Nov 7, 2006
                Tadaaaa the infamous Peter Staudenmaier:

                http://www.einaudi.cornell.edu/Europe/funding/luigi.asp

                Message 7 of 14 , Nov 7, 2006
                  http://www.einaudi.cornell.edu/Europe/funding/luigi.asp

                  Interesting neck I would say. d

                  Sponsored Link

                  Get a free Motorola Razr! Today Only!
                  Choose Cingular, Sprint, Verizon, Alltel, or T-Mobile.
                  http://www.letstalk.com/inlink.htm?to=592913
                • Lennart Sundström
                  Message 8 of 14 , Nov 8, 2006
                    Congratulations! Dear Fellow Americans,

                    Rumsfeld´s gone.
                    Robert Gates to go.

                    God bless America and sweet peacegreetings from the subways in the outskirts of the Empire,
                    Lennart

                    Message 9 of 14 , Nov 8, 2006
                      Lennart wrote:

                      >Dear Fellow Americans,
                      >
                      >Rumsfeld´s gone.
                      >Robert Gates to go.
                      >
                      >God bless America and sweet peacegreetings from
                      >the subways in the outskirts of the Empire,
                      >Lennart

                      God is blushing in embarrassment at all this
                      awful "God bless" stuff, and I don't think America can take much more of it.

                      Tarjei
                    • Michael Howell
                      Message 10 of 14 , Nov 9, 2006
                        His eyes are too close together!
                        Message 11 of 14 , Nov 9, 2006
                          Michael, one can see a thing in the future organ of
                          creation: throat chakra. It is my experience that
                          certain people all sides of the spectrum can be shown
                          what ails them in the throat chakra: for good or for
                          bad.

                          If we look at Mr. Staudenmaier's throat chakra, and
                          not meaning to, I mean it just jumps out just like a
                          few others, one can see something of startling
                          clarity. But I don't think of it as good or bad rather
                          I think of it as 'oh damn! look at that, look what he
                          has to deal with. I think we all have this test to
                          overcome that which moves within us propelling us one
                          way or the other. Our antipathies and our sympathies
                          in this lifetime can not be the guiding power, it must
                          come from our own inner freedom, our own kernal of the
                          I Am seed within earh of us.

                          My thoughts,
                          Dottie
                          > Tadaaaa the infamous Peter Staudenmaier:

                          http://www.einaudi.cornell.edu/Europe/funding/luigi.asp

                          > Sponsored Link
                          >
                          > Talk more and pay less. Vonage can save you up to
                          > $300 a year on your phone bill.
                          > Sign up now. http://www.vonage.com/startsavingnow/

                          http://new.mail.yahoo.com
                        • Frank Smith
                          Message 12 of 14 , Nov 11, 2006
                            --- gaelman58 <gaelman58@...> wrote:

                            > Friends: I tend to enjoy the posts of Peter S.
                            > because I find some
                            > of the things he writes humorous. I certainly don't
                            > mean laughable
                            > in the sense of ridicule...I mean he's apparently
                            > earnest and wishes
                            > to be taken seriously. That would not, of course,
                            > be particular to
                            > him, would it?
                            >
                            > Consider these bits from the forwarded post:

                            (snip)
                            > "I loathe Stirner..."...probably in the same way
                            > that Frank loathes
                            > the seminal thinker and problem solver, George
                            > Steinbrunner.

                            He's wrong again. I LOVE Steinbrunner, because he
                            fucks up the Yankees spending loads of dough on the
                            most expensive players, forgetting that it's a team
                            that wins, not the payroll. Meanwhile the
                            Mets...well..wait till next year.

                            Frank

                            Frank Thomas Smith
                            http://SouthernCrossReview.org

                            http://new.mail.yahoo.com
                          • gaelman58
                            Message 13 of 14 , Nov 14, 2006
                              --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, Frank Smith
                              <eltrigal78@...> wrote:

                              > --- gaelman58 <gaelman58@...> wrote:
                              >
                              > > Friends: I tend to enjoy the posts of Peter S.
                              > > because I find some
                              > > of the things he writes humorous. I certainly don't
                              > > mean laughable
                              > > in the sense of ridicule...I mean he's apparently
                              > > earnest and wishes
                              > > to be taken seriously. That would not, of course,
                              > > be particular to
                              > > him, would it?
                              > >
                              > > Consider these bits from the forwarded post:
                              >
                              > (snip)
                              > > "I loathe Stirner..."...probably in the same way
                              > > that Frank loathes
                              > > the seminal thinker and problem solver, George
                              > > Steinbrunner.
                              >
                              > He's wrong again. I LOVE Steinbrunner, because he
                              > fucks up the Yankees spending loads of dough on the
                              > most expensive players, forgetting that it's a team
                              > that wins, not the payroll. Meanwhile the
                              > Mets...well..wait till next year.
                              >
                              > Frank
                              >

                              > Frank Thomas Smith
                              > http://SouthernCrossReview.org

                              > http://new.mail.yahoo.com

                              Well, Frank, I'm thinking credit ought be given where it's due...I
                              recall you've touted two teams here...the Mets and Detroit...both
                              made the Series...as for Steinbrunner, there are some who think he's
                              he's guilty of crimes against humanity owing to what he did to Yogi
                              Berra in the 80's...I'd be one of them.

                              As for the loather and loathee mentioned above...they have something
                              in common :)...according to things they've written they hold a
                              belief that's fairly common...that is, they believe that the mental
                              processes take place literally "in the head"...a dogma of
                              materialistic science, eh?...D.