Ward-heeler

  • gaelman58
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2006
      Friends: I came across a word in a crossword the other day..."ward-
      heeler" can be defined, I understand, as a politician who belongs to a
      small clique that controls a political party for private rather than
      public ends...other than the skewed presentations in the media I have
      absolutely no way of determining who in government is a ward-heeler
      and who is a stand-up guy/gal...I'd like to see a constitutional
      amendment to the effect that once elected to public office one must
      sever all ties with one's political party...yeah, fat chance of
      that...in the meantime I tend to adopt my wife's view...if in doubt,
      vote 'em out and let new people practice the "dismal science"...G.