Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Re: Anthroposophia and Rudolf Steiner

    Message 1 of 71 , Oct 31, 2006
      Stephen:
      But as a result of
      > doing so, I would
      > be surprised if you would go on to think that that
      > kind of thing is
      > the most culturally appropriate form for propagating
      > esoteric wisdom
      > in the modern age! Yes, some few people can do it
      > well, but,
      > tempermentally, its off-key for most.

      Hey Stephen,

      I do think it is culturally appropriate at this time.
      We're not talking about Deepak Chopra's books, not to
      make fun but that is the only name I came upon at this
      second, but Rudolf Steiner's words. They are
      different.

      On this initiatic path one must know 'who' one is
      dealing with while working this path. One must have
      clarity about what they are doing. The lectures offer
      that by constantly calling us back to being awake.
      Unfortunatley it becomes dogma for some people due to
      fear of practice and a beliefe that they and others
      could not possibly experience what Rudolf Steiner had.
      I actually think people have absolutely no idea what
      this man truly experienced in that life time and
      therefor hold him as a high initiate whose coat tails
      they could not touch. Problem is the coat tails they
      are thinking of are the very ones they must approach
      and the true capacity of his being has not been even
      fully thought out. The only one fully thinking this
      out, as far as people I have read, is Sergei O
      Prokofieff.

      If one reads his May Human Beings Hear It! and just
      considers it possible what he is saying, one will have
      an understanding of what took place during the
      lifetime of Rudolf Steiner and who it was that we are
      students of and actually what he acheived.

      So, to me the issue is that the basic coat tails have
      not been approached. And we're all swimming nicely
      around to see if we do want to approach it and how
      much it will cost and how uncomfortable it will be and
      mostly 'what we are willing to give' in order to
      approach those tales, 'what will we lose if we do'.
      That's not a judgement rather its my experience for
      the most part of over 7 or so years interacting in the
      community on line and a few off line.

      I have found mysteries through the study of The Fifth
      Gospel and also The Gospel of John. If those beings
      had approached me on my own without that foundation I
      wouldn 't have known who they were or even the truth
      of the situation regarding their benevolence or not.
      One needs a solid foundation and to be out there
      contacting beings or sitting in a meditation and just
      waiting for who knows what is definitely not my
      understanding of working the consciousnes path. Seems
      more like a Shamanistic path. I take no issue with a
      Shamanistic path but its not the one for me. I
      actually have to keep my inner distance from it
      completley or it leads me away from consciousness.

      Steiner's books and lectures have a very definite
      foundation that leads one upward and inward. In his
      books it seems that there are steps that lead to
      Anthroposophia who then leads man to himself. And then
      man leads himself to the Christ through his own
      initiative at some point, always working ever higher
      and higher and deeper and deeper.

      I am wondering Stephen, what do you think is the
      appropriate form for today? Do you have any thoughts
      on that? Are you open to discussing them? I'd like to
      see what your thoughts are as maybe there is a way
      that we are kind of more together then we are apart.

      I have said it before and I'll say it again, I think
      there is too magic in Anthroposophy, but not the kind
      that forces itself to show itself rather it is of an
      organic type of occurrance. For example we can look at
      the Three Sticks from RJ Stewart and the other
      offerings. They do effect a thing and they do look to
      do that on a will based need or want to create a
      particular experience or whathaveyou. And to me I
      would find it very easy to cocreate with that but
      somehow within me I know that I am to do it
      differently in this lifetime. And I think it has to do
      with the question of 'what is the purpose of my life'?
      'Am I to create these experiences and if so for what?'

      As my life stands in service to the Christ I work to
      be consciously aware of serving Him. To do other
      things so that I can do them does not appeal to me.
      Anthroposophy seems to have a very definite reason for
      its existence and its not about having an experience
      for the experience sake. And this is how I experience
      magic for the most part.

      So this takes me back to the lectures. For me they are
      steps that take us deeper. But they must be met by our
      humility in a way, our love, our thinking heart, our
      openess to those around us. I am thinking of the
      wonderful quote that Tarjei brought today and I am
      thinking of the man's sharing about Rudolf Steiner's
      gestures, his simplicity all the while things were
      raging around him, whether in a lecture or in the
      midst of the fire. To me this way of being is
      cultivated within his books. One can actually get the
      feel for this for oneself: what would that be like, to
      be sitting at ease even while in a highly creative
      environment'? To be moving almost against Time in a
      way, earthly time.

      I have been thinking about Time ever since I heard
      Dennis Klocek speak of it. And I have been noticing
      Time in my life. In all actuallity I am the controller
      of Time, the minutes in between, the stopping into a
      moment in time type mentallity. And with this
      contmeplation of Time comes the spirits of this Time.
      Not the earthly time but the Eternal Time in the
      earthly world. And he being at ease in this earthly
      time is because, or so it seems to me, he was
      participating in the Eternal Time in the earthly
      world: time stood still in a way. Can you just imagine
      all this man had done in one lifetime, all that he
      created in one lifetime? It is incredible.

      Those words in those lectures, when taken in properly
      are spiritual beings. Those spiritual beings exist in
      those words that are in those books and lectures. When
      one practices them and works with them with others
      they are allowing the spiritual worlds to work with
      them is how I see it.

      Lots of words I just wrote ey:) whew,

      (http://www.yahoo.com/preview)
      Message 71 of 71 , Oct 31, 2006