Hottentotism in our time

  • Tarjei Straume
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 24, 2006
      Jo Ann,

      Your question whether or not it's fascism yet may be an open one;
      it's not something that Yours Truly can answer with certainty, so I'm
      gonna be humble and stick to things of which I'm more certain. And
      there is no doubt in my humble holy opinion that we stand face to
      face with a new type of Hottentotism. It's not the Hottentotism of
      old, of which Steiner spoke, which consisted of rather harmless
      backwoods uncivilized humans who were often skilled at playing drums;
      it's Hottentotism evolved into something formidable: Modern
      Hottentots are represented by reincarnated cannibals and headhunters
      and headshrinkers; some of them are basically illiterate and can
      barely use human language even verbally, at least not beyond three
      syllable words without great effort. Into these primitive hands have
      been placed weapons of mass destruction and trillions of oil dollars,
      and the chief of these modern malignant Hottentots belongs to the
      Bush Tribe, notorious for its headhunting, (literal) headshrinking,
      and the unsavory practice of torturing people to death by immersing
      them in boiling water over in Uzbekistan, the nastiest torture hole
      in the world, ruled by intimate buddies of the Bush Tribe where they
      have deep roots through the Enron connection and other nasty oil,
      energy, and crimes-against-humanity business arrangements.

      Yep, that's the Hottentotism of our time rather than "fascism" which
      we associate with Mussolini, a rather charming gentleman compared to
      modern Hottentots.