Re: New Book on RS & History of Christology

  • tmasthenes13
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 2, 2006

      > Here, a materialistic argument against the Mystery of Golgotha is
      > used to bloster "Spiritual Realism", some planet without good or
      > evil. So the objection is against Christianity in general, including
      > anthroposophy, because of good and evil. "Spiritual Realism" seems,
      > therefore, to be an anti-spiritual, anti-theistic ideology
      > paradoxically disguised as something spiritual.
      >
      > Tarjei
      ==============================

      Exactly as RS predicted for the 3rd millennium when he said:

      "Materialism will take such a form at the turn of the [new] century
      that it will deny itself as materialism and masquerade as spirituality."

      In Steiner's days of yore, at the zenith of the Industrial Age,
      materialism was hard core; easy to spot, but now things have reversed
      and we have soft-core "spiritual materialsm."

      Tom
    • Frank Smith
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 2, 2006
        --- tmasthenes13 <TomBuoyed@...> wrote:

        > > Here, a materialistic argument against the Mystery
        > of Golgotha is
        > > used to bloster "Spiritual Realism", some planet
        > without good or
        > > evil. So the objection is against Christianity in
        > general, including
        > > anthroposophy, because of good and evil.
        > "Spiritual Realism" seems,
        > > therefore, to be an anti-spiritual, anti-theistic
        > ideology
        > > paradoxically disguised as something spiritual.
        > >
        > > Tarjei
        > ==============================
        >
        > Exactly as RS predicted for the 3rd millennium when
        > he said:
        >
        > "Materialism will take such a form at the turn of
        > the [new] century
        > that it will deny itself as materialism and
        > masquerade as spirituality."
        >
        > In Steiner's days of yore, at the zenith of the
        > Industrial Age,
        > materialism was hard core; easy to spot, but now
        > things have reversed
        > and we have soft-core "spiritual materialsm."

        About materialism and spirituality at the turn of the
        century (19th to 20th) see:
        http://southerncrossreview.org/49/editorial-ghost-hunters.htm

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Joel Wendt
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 2, 2006
          after a quick glance, seems mostly someone touting their own "vision",
          and putting down whatever is near at hand that might conflict
          (jealous?). I saw no evidence the author(s?) understood the
          epistemologies, the new thinking, or the significance of Steiner's monism.

          it seemed more an argument about whose beliefs were better, and how much
          in the Bible doesn't comport with the scientific imagination as regards
          the historical archeology of recent times.

          intellectual soul scholarship?

          joel