Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] New Book on RS & History of Christology

  • Tarjei Straume
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2006
      From the index page:

      "SPIRITUAL REALISTS DO NOT BELIEVE THAT ANY GOD/ESS WITH A NAME IS
      THE ULTIMATE SACRED REALITY."

      "Overcoming The Energy Of Old Evil And Old Gods We Will Arrive For
      The First Time Upon The Sacred Enigmatic Earth As The Single Home Of
      All Humanity And All That Lives."

      This is what "Spiritual Realists" believe, dogmatically. They know
      the truth, others don't. If anyone should assert anything else to be
      the truth, he or she is a liar and a deceiver, pure and simple.
      "Spiritual Realists", therefore, have a lcommon denominator with the
      Jehovah's Witnesses. And with the Taliban.

      >Pages 8 through 11 of this 11 page excerpt go into detail about RS and HPB.

      Quote:

      "Steiner tries to say that the cosmic being, the Logos, incarnated on
      our planet on a certain date in a way he never did at any other time.
      The most obvious objection to this is that there is no physical
      evidence for the life of Jesus."

      Here, a materialistic argument against the Mystery of Golgotha is
      used to bloster "Spiritual Realism", some planet without good or
      evil. So the objection is against Christianity in general, including
      anthroposophy, because of good and evil. "Spiritual Realism" seems,
      therefore, to be an anti-spiritual, anti-theistic ideology
      paradoxically disguised as something spiritual.

      Tarjei
    • Mike helsher
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2006
        <straume@...> wrote:

        > From the index page:
        >
        > "SPIRITUAL REALISTS DO NOT BELIEVE THAT ANY GOD/ESS WITH A NAME IS
        > THE ULTIMATE SACRED REALITY."
        >
        > "Overcoming The Energy Of Old Evil And Old Gods We Will Arrive For
        > The First Time Upon The Sacred Enigmatic Earth As The Single Home
        Of
        > All Humanity And All That Lives."
        >
        > This is what "Spiritual Realists" believe, dogmatically. They know
        > the truth, others don't. If anyone should assert anything else to
        be
        > the truth, he or she is a liar and a deceiver, pure and simple.
        > "Spiritual Realists", therefore, have a lcommon denominator with
        the
        > Jehovah's Witnesses. And with the Taliban.
        >
        > >Pages 8 through 11 of this 11 page excerpt go into detail about RS
        and HPB.

        > Quote:
        >
        > "Steiner tries to say that the cosmic being, the Logos, incarnated
        on
        > our planet on a certain date in a way he never did at any other
        time.
        > The most obvious objection to this is that there is no physical
        > evidence for the life of Jesus."
        >
        > Here, a materialistic argument against the Mystery of Golgotha is
        > used to bloster "Spiritual Realism", some planet without good or
        > evil. So the objection is against Christianity in general,
        including
        > anthroposophy, because of good and evil. "Spiritual Realism" seems,
        > therefore, to be an anti-spiritual, anti-theistic ideology
        > paradoxically disguised as something spiritual.
        >
        > Tarjei

        My gut feeling/thoughts exactly, though I didn't have the gumption to
        write about it.

        Thanks

        Mike

      • tmasthenes13
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 2, 2006

          > Here, a materialistic argument against the Mystery of Golgotha is
          > used to bloster "Spiritual Realism", some planet without good or
          > evil. So the objection is against Christianity in general, including
          > anthroposophy, because of good and evil. "Spiritual Realism" seems,
          > therefore, to be an anti-spiritual, anti-theistic ideology
          > paradoxically disguised as something spiritual.
          >
          > Tarjei
          ==============================

          Exactly as RS predicted for the 3rd millennium when he said:

          "Materialism will take such a form at the turn of the [new] century
          that it will deny itself as materialism and masquerade as spirituality."

          In Steiner's days of yore, at the zenith of the Industrial Age,
          materialism was hard core; easy to spot, but now things have reversed
          and we have soft-core "spiritual materialsm."

          Tom
        • Frank Smith
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 2, 2006
            --- tmasthenes13 <TomBuoyed@...> wrote:

            > > Here, a materialistic argument against the Mystery
            > of Golgotha is
            > > used to bloster "Spiritual Realism", some planet
            > without good or
            > > evil. So the objection is against Christianity in
            > general, including
            > > anthroposophy, because of good and evil.
            > "Spiritual Realism" seems,
            > > therefore, to be an anti-spiritual, anti-theistic
            > ideology
            > > paradoxically disguised as something spiritual.
            > >
            > > Tarjei
            > ==============================
            >
            > Exactly as RS predicted for the 3rd millennium when
            > he said:
            >
            > "Materialism will take such a form at the turn of
            > the [new] century
            > that it will deny itself as materialism and
            > masquerade as spirituality."
            >
            > In Steiner's days of yore, at the zenith of the
            > Industrial Age,
            > materialism was hard core; easy to spot, but now
            > things have reversed
            > and we have soft-core "spiritual materialsm."

            About materialism and spirituality at the turn of the
            century (19th to 20th) see:
            http://southerncrossreview.org/49/editorial-ghost-hunters.htm

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Joel Wendt
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 2, 2006
              after a quick glance, seems mostly someone touting their own "vision",
              and putting down whatever is near at hand that might conflict
              (jealous?). I saw no evidence the author(s?) understood the
              epistemologies, the new thinking, or the significance of Steiner's monism.

              it seemed more an argument about whose beliefs were better, and how much
              in the Bible doesn't comport with the scientific imagination as regards
              the historical archeology of recent times.

              intellectual soul scholarship?

              joel