V for vendetta

  • Mike helsher
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2006
      Reading this is not near as good as hearing it in the film, But I
      loved the film so much that I had to post it here:

      http://vforvendetta.warnerbros.com/

      [Evey pulls out her mace] I can assure you I mean you no harm.

      Evey Hammond: Who are you?

      V: Who? Who is but the form following the function of what and what I
      am is a man in a mask.

      Evey Hammond: Well I can see that.

      V: Of course you can. I'm not questioning your powers of observation
      I'm merely remarking upon the paradox of asking a masked man who he
      is.

      Evey Hammond: Oh. Right.

      V: But on this most auspicious of nights, permit me then, in lieu of
      the more commonplace sobriquet, to suggest the character of this
      dramatis persona.

      V: VoilĂ ! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as
      both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no
      mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant,
      vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation,
      stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent
      vermin van-guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and
      voracious violation of volition.

      [carves V into poster on wall]

      V: The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not
      in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate
      the vigilant and the virtuous.
      [giggles]

      V: Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me
      simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call
      me V.

      Posted by Mike