Unanthroposophic waldorf schools

  • Deborah
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2006
      Somebody over on the WC (Diana) published a list of all the stuff
      that is good about waldorf and then finished by saying they would be
      great schools if they just got rid of the anthroposophy.

      I've been thinking for a long time that it would be wonderful if
      some brave folks started a sort of lab school: waldorf without the
      anthroposophy. The obvious group to undertake this much needed
      experiment are the waldorf critics. They are experts at
      distinguishing the essential from the non-essential in waldorf, they
      are hard-working, persistent, dedicated, idealistic AND they say
      they know a lot of parents who would have loved waldorf if it
      weren't for the anthroposophy, so it shouldn't be that hard to find
      20 families to start a school. After a few years as a
      nursery/kindergarten they can start adding grades and after 14 or 15
      years they'll have a full-fledged unanthroposophical "waldorf"
      school.

      Of course, their school won't have any social problems. That all
      comes from the anthroposophy. No cliques among the parents either.
      No childhood illnesses because, as a private school, they'll be able
      to refuse vaccine exemptions. And all vaccines work 100% and there
      is no such thing as negative reactions, so all of their students
      will be perfectly healthy.

      It would be fun to see the WC try to actually accomplish something
      in the real world. Of course, there was the lawsuit...but is the
      legal system part of the real world?

      Deborah
    • Joel Wendt
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 2, 2006
        thanks much for this....

        joel

        Deborah wrote:

        > Somebody over on the WC (Diana) published a list of all the stuff
        > that is good about waldorf and then finished by saying they would be
        > great schools if they just got rid of the anthroposophy.
        >
        > I've been thinking for a long time that it would be wonderful if
        > some brave folks started a sort of lab school: waldorf without the
        > anthroposophy. The obvious group to undertake this much needed
        > experiment are the waldorf critics. They are experts at
        > distinguishing the essential from the non-essential in waldorf, they
        > are hard-working, persistent, dedicated, idealistic AND they say
        > they know a lot of parents who would have loved waldorf if it
        > weren't for the anthroposophy, so it shouldn't be that hard to find
        > 20 families to start a school. After a few years as a
        > nursery/kindergarten they can start adding grades and after 14 or 15
        > years they'll have a full-fledged unanthroposophical "waldorf"
        > school.
        >
        > Of course, their school won't have any social problems. That all
        > comes from the anthroposophy. No cliques among the parents either.
        > No childhood illnesses because, as a private school, they'll be able
        > to refuse vaccine exemptions. And all vaccines work 100% and there
        > is no such thing as negative reactions, so all of their students
        > will be perfectly healthy.
        >
        > It would be fun to see the WC try to actually accomplish something
        > in the real world. Of course, there was the lawsuit...but is the
        > legal system part of the real world?
        >
        > Deborah

      • Mike T
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 2, 2006
          Hahahahahaha - I haven't had such a good laugh in a long time. Thanks
          Deborah.

          Research and compare new cars side by side at carpoint.com.au
          http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fsecure%2Dau%2Eimrworldwide%2Ecom%2Fcgi%2Dbin%2Fa%2Fci%5F450304%2Fet%5F2%2Fcg%5F801459%2Fpi%5F1004813%2Fai%5F833884&_t=54321&_r=hotmail_endtext&_m=EXT