Re: Dottie as HPB

  • tmasthenes13
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 1, 2006
      Dottie wrote plaintively,

      I've heard pronouncements from all your 'intellectual'
      buddies, of which you are one obviously but see
      yourself somehow separate from them in some way, and
      you as well even before when you brought this up to me
      on the side. And what I've learned is that you cats
      are the ones doing most of the projection while
      postulizing it is the others. I've watched it over and
      over.

      __________________________

      Dear Dottie,

      A thousand pardons for my failure to recognize that you have as robust
      an Intellectual Soul as the rest of your male "intellectual buddies."
      I acknowledge now that you are "one of the guys," and perhaps it was
      a condescending sexism on my part that pressed me to focus only on
      your Sentient Soul proclivities. I'm sorry I excluded you from our club.

      Your plaintive response above touched my heart and brought up the
      memory picture of when we first met in person. That is of critical
      importance now for the new revelation I just received about you.

      We go back well over two years ago to the Spring of 2004 when Obadiah
      Harris, President of PRS (Philosophical Research Society) in Los
      Angeles, asked me to teach a series of ten weekly classes on Rudolf
      Steiner and Anthroposophy at this center of Manly Palmer Hall's life's
      work. (Please visit http://www.prs.org/ )

      So each Saturday morning, I would hold the class in the upper room, a
      2nd floor classroom adjacent to the famous occult library that Manly
      Hall had built in 1934. I don't know if you remember, Dottie, but for
      me, dominating the room was the presence of Helena Petrovna Blavatsky,
      because of the giant 6' by 4' portrait of her that hung on the wall in
      the far left front of the classroom.

      It was an imposing portrait and before every class, as I was preparing
      the blackboard, I would pause to acknowledge her presence and often
      weave her into the class topic and the discussion of anthroposophy. I
      was told that Manly Palmer Hall had a special attraction to HPB,
      because he himself actually believed that he was the reincarnation of
      her! And that is why this portrait held such a special place in this
      classroom, where Manly taught smaller classes when he wasn't lecturing
      in the big auditorium. (She died in 1891 in London; Manly was born ten
      years later in Canada.)

      And so, this powerful presence of HPB in a classroom where I was
      teaching about Rudolf Steiner and anthroposophy became a deep riddle
      that I felt I needed to experience over time before anything would
      reveal itself. Gradually, I began to focus on the terrible fate she
      had to endure, according to Rudolf Steiner, that fate being thrown
      into "occult imprisonment."

      http://www.spiritualrealist.com/SPIRITUALREALISM/DeceptReligGrahamJackson/DeceptReligGJp10.asp

      He [Steiner] claims that she was put in "occult prison" by Western
      occult brotherhoods so that her clairvoyance would be thrown in on
      itself and hence illusory. Further, that in her later years she was
      abandoned by the Masters who had guided her, and instead guided by
      impersonators. … He says, "... the necessity of understanding the
      Christ-impulse was hidden from H.P. Blavatsky."

      And so I began to feel on occasion that I was perhaps part of the
      "anthroposophical prison outreach movement," only in this case, I was
      lecturing at an "occult penitentiary," a one-woman prison for HPB.
      (Or was it I who was really in prison? Hard to tell when there are no
      physical bars or stones around you!)

      At any rate, Dottie, back to our meeting. It was either my last or
      next to last class in May 2004 that you attended and afterwards you
      gave me your business card. Having recognized your name from the
      Steiner Internet since the year 2000, I was delighted and astonished
      to finally meet you in person.

      And now that I remember that meeting, I was also struck by the rather
      close physical resemblance between you and HPB. You are of the same
      body type and possess similar piercing eyes and knowing gaze that
      gestures out in both a needy and defiant way. You also seem to be
      "occultly imprisoned" at times yourself, Dottie, desperate to break
      out and achieve that inner occult freedom, so I think it would be
      worth your while looking into the life of HPB.

      Here's a short wiki bio of her:
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helena_Petrovna_Blavatsky

      I must of course, ask you the $64,000 question: do you enjoy smoking
      cigars? ;=}

      Anyway, I do believe that you are on a path of initiation whereby you
      are focused very keenly on bringing out the Christology of
      anthroposophy, in a way that would work to redeem HPB from her occult
      imprisonment.

      Now I am not claiming that you are the actual reincarnation of HPB,
      but I am saying that you may express what Jeffrey Mishlove taught in
      that very same room at PRS at a seminar last year. He calls it
      "Synchronistic Archetypal Resonance." (SAR). Rather than actual
      reincarnation, a person may so identify with a past figure that he or
      she actually takes on the characteristics of that ancient figure and
      this resemblance includes family members as well. It may be more of a
      "sympathetic resonance" along the lines of what Rupert Sheldrake calls
      the "morphogenetic field," which is his amalgam of what we call the
      etheric and astral bodies and realms.

      Read this page to show how Jeffrey Mishlove dismisses the claim by Dr.
      Walt Semkiw, that he, Jeffrey, is the actual reincarnation of William
      James. Instead, Jeffrey invokes the more Jungianly palatable SAR
      principle to justify these family and past life resemblances some of
      which are quite startling.

      http://www.mishlove.com/WilliamJames/matches.htm

      So, Dottie, again, my apologies for somehow marginalizing you into the
      Sentient Soul realm. If, indeed you are HPB, I would be extremely
      embarrassed to know that I had denigrated your Intellectual Soul
      prowess. Damn, that Secret Doctrine was quite a book! But hey, what
      do you expect from a bunch of goofy guys with those silly and oft
      times hysterical female etheric bodies?

      Father Thom
    • Frank Smith
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 1, 2006
        --- tmasthenes13 <TomBuoyed@...> wrote:

        > Hi Dottie,

        |||||||||||| ||||||||| ||||||||| ||||||||| |||||||||
        ||||||||| ||||||||| ||||||||| ||||||||| |||||||||
        ||||||||| ||||||||| ||||||||| |||||||||

        1 block up 12 upright lines and 13 blocks of 9 = 117 +
        12= 129 = 12 = 3. He wrote mucho words between "Hi
        Dottie" and the blocks of lines, but you can ignore
        them (you probably already have) for the true meaning
        of what he wrote is coded in the blocks and shows that
        he is a threefold soul occultly imprisoned in a
        labyrinth of 14 ahrimanic blocks of phallic symbols.
        Uprightly,
        Frank

        Frank Thomas Smith
        http://SouthernCrossReview.org

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • tmasthenes13
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 1, 2006
          > |||||||||||| ||||||||| ||||||||| ||||||||| |||||||||
          > ||||||||| ||||||||| ||||||||| ||||||||| |||||||||
          > ||||||||| ||||||||| ||||||||| |||||||||

          > 1 block up 12 upright lines and 13 blocks of 9 = 117 +
          > 12= 129 = 12 = 3. He wrote mucho words between "Hi
          > Dottie" and the blocks of lines, but you can ignore
          > them (you probably already have) for the true meaning
          > of what he wrote is coded in the blocks and shows that
          > he is a threefold soul occultly imprisoned in a
          > labyrinth of 14 ahrimanic blocks of phallic symbols.

          > Uprightly,
          > Frank
          -------------------------
          Frank,

          Funny you should be refer to labyrinths as I have been on the phone
          all afternoon contacting people in LA who walk labyrinths, especially
          the Chartres Cathedral one.

          I am the impresario for a sacred music group, who live in Paris and
          play music, chant and sing on the Chartres Catherdral labyrinth as
          well as in many cathedrals throughout France.

          Check out their website:
          http://www.naturalchant.com/

          Click on their Chartres Cathedral CD to hear 3 excerpts.

          Joseph Rowe and Catherina Braslavsky are coming to LA to play Oct. 14
          & 15. I have arranged for them to play the 14th at the Annie Besant
          Theosophical Lodge in the Hollywood Hills and then Sunday at the
          Anthroposophical Center of LA in Old Town Pasadena.

          I met Joseph 30 years ago this month when I attended my very first
          ever Steiner study group in Austin, TX. He is native Texan but an
          exepert in playing the oud, having been taught by Hamza El Din.

          I figure you can't make the drive up from Buenos Aires, but what they
          hey, I'll send you the Press release here:

          --------------------------------

          SACRED ANCIENT MUSIC CONCERTS FOR INTER-FAITH PEACE

          Los Angeles, CA September 19, 2006 -- DIRECT FROM PARIS in their Los
          Angeles premiere, Catherine Braslavsky and Joseph Rowe will perform
          "FROM JERUSALEM TO CORDOBA --- a Voyage in Time, Space and Religions
          Through Chant, Music, and Texts" in two performances, Saturday, Oct.
          14, in the Hollywood Hills and on Sunday, Oct. 15 in Old Town Pasadena.

          Taking part in the DANIEL PEARL WORLD MUSIC DAYS network of concerts
          to promote inter-faith peace, Joseph and Catherine celebrate the
          religious and mystical traditions of the Mediterranean, from ancient
          Judaism and Paganism, to medieval Christianity and Islam. Catherine
          chants and sings ancient and original compositions in Hebrew, Arabic,
          Latin, Greek, Aramaic, and Occitan while Joseph sings and provides
          Middle Eastern percussion, plays oud, Tibetan bowls, Indian tampura,
          African mbira. He also narrates texts by Meister Eckhart, Ibn 'Arabi,
          Yehuda Halevi, and Hildegarde of Bingen.

          The texts allude not only to beautiful realities but also to monstrous
          ones, such as persecution and massacres in the name of religion, and
          the long history of today's religious conflicts. But this strikingly
          contemporary performance, with its sacred intention, opens up the
          possibility of inter-faith dialogue among the religions of the
          "children of Abraham" by inspiring the audience to glimpse the
          mystical sense of unity of all these religions --- yet a unity that
          equally inspires reverence for their differences.

          Presented by C3, The CENTER FOR CONSCIOUS CREATIVITY,
          http://www.consciouscreativity.com/ THE SATURDAY, OCT. 14 performance
          begins at 7:30 PM at the Annie Besant Lodge, 2560 N. Beachwood Dr.,
          Los Angeles, CA 90068 (a mile north of the Gower/Beachwood exit on the
          101). Tickets $15 at the door. Street parking only.

          The SUNDAY, OCT. 15 performance begins at 4:00 PM at the
          Anthroposophical Society of LA Branch building, 110 Martin Alley,
          Pasadena, CA 91105. (2 blocks south of W. Colorado Blvd., just off
          Delacey Ave.) Tickets $15 at the door. Adjacent parking garage.
          Visit the website at http://www.naturalchant.com/

          ###
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 1, 2006
            Well, if I was the reincarnation of Helena then I
            imagine, according to your understanding of her later
            incarnation, that would make me Manly P. Hall.
            Interesting Tom.

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • tmasthenes13
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 2, 2006
              <dottie_z@...> wrote:

              > Well, if I was the reincarnation of Helena then I
              > imagine, according to your understanding of her later
              > incarnation, that would make me Manly P. Hall.
              > Interesting Tom.

              =========================

              Well, Dottie, as HPB, you could have done a lot worse than MPH, don't
              you think? ;=)

              But you bring up an interesting issue that characterizes our Western
              mind-set about reincarnation. We worship the separate individuality so
              much that we refuse to consider the possibility that a self might
              split off or clone and could be incarnated in two or more bodies
              simultaneously.

              I mean we don't have a problem believing that identical physical twins
              would house two different spiritual individualities; but we choke on
              the reverse idea: that the same spiritual individuality could clone
              itself and incarnate in two separate physical bodies at the same time.

              Yet there are people who believe that you as HPB could have bifurcated
              to become both MPH and DZ at the same time.

              (Which reminds me: I need to ask Obadiah Harris at PRS whether Manly
              liked cigars or not. You still didn't answer whether you like cigars
              or not, though. You know Dottie, it's these "little things" that make
              or break a reincarnation identification! Helena did love her cigars!)

              Tom
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 2, 2006
                Hi Tom,

                I don't like to play spiritual science Tom. It's not
                my thing. Maybe you can find someone else to play
                along. Nor do I like to spit three times to the left
                to ward off the enemy as suggested by Valentin in
                Meditations on the Tarot.

                But, yeah, playing spiritual science and throwing all
                kinds of mush into the soup is not what I am
                interested in. I love Hungarian Goulash but that's
                because it has some substance.

                Best,

                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • Mike T
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 2, 2006
                  Hi Dottie,
                  THought I'd just comment here - I love hungarian Goulash soup too. I once
                  found a great restaurant somewhere in Germany; but on my trips back, could
                  never remember where it was. Used to go to different restaurants on each
                  trip trying the Goulash soup but was never the same. There is a German
                  restaurant where I live (I have to travel a way to get to it) and I go there
                  not only because it has the ambience of Germany about ti, and the food is
                  great; but in the main for its Goulash Soup. So we have this second thing in
                  common. And oh I don't smoke, but if I did, I think only cigars; so maybe I
                  was Madame B's driver or bag carrier or something.

                  Cheers,

                  >From: dottie zold <dottie_z@...>
                  >To: anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com
                  >Subject: Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Re: Dottie as HPB
                  >Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 07:39:59 -0700 (PDT)
                  >
                  >Hi Tom,
                  >
                  >I don't like to play spiritual science Tom. It's not
                  >my thing. Maybe you can find someone else to play
                  >along. Nor do I like to spit three times to the left
                  >to ward off the enemy as suggested by Valentin in
                  >Meditations on the Tarot.
                  >
                  >But, yeah, playing spiritual science and throwing all
                  >kinds of mush into the soup is not what I am
                  >interested in. I love Hungarian Goulash but that's
                  >because it has some substance.
                  >
                  >Best,
                  >Dottie

                  >http://mail.yahoo.com

                  Want $250 of std talk, text & more for $49 a month? Go to
                  http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fadsfac%2Enet%2Flink%2Easp%3Fcc%3DTEL217%2E31371%2E0%26clk%3D1%26creativeID%3D44933&_t=758220942&_r=emailtaglinetelstra&_m=EXT