Barnaby and the Thinking Crow: Stories from the Hole

    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 28, 2006
      Barnaby of the Hole, to Frank:
      "Those examples are irrelevant. The crows in that
      study are able to solve
      problems and invent new tools, by thinking: their
      behaviour is not
      explainable by 'instinctual intelligence' or training.
      You were wrong
      when you claimed that thinking or lack of it makes a
      qualitative
      difference between humans and other animals."

      Dottie:

      How is it that they will fight to be like the animals?
      It is slowly dawning on me why it is that they have
      such a problem with thinking or self reflecting: they
      are sure we humans are no better off in the thinking
      capacity then animals are. No wonder there is such a
      difference in our opinions. Whew.

      http://mail.yahoo.com