Yeah! My man Bob

    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 8, 2006
      Jeez! this man is just too much for my heart, just too
      much....

      My favorite so far, kinda think my upstairs neighbor
      is gonna give me a call soon, 'workingman's blues #2'
      . Yeah, it's on repeat after waking up to those damn
      angel chords singing in my heart.

      http://pool.dylantree.com/phorum5/read.php?1,633383,633383

      There's an evening haze settling over town,
      Starlight by the edge of the creek
      The buying power of the proletariat's gone down,
      Money's getting shallow and weak
      Well, the place I love best is a sweet memory
      it's a new path that we trod
      They say low wages are a reality
      If we want to compete abroad

      My cruel weapons have been put on the shelf
      Come sit down on my knee
      You are dearer to me than myself
      As you yourself can see
      While I'm listening to the steel rails hum
      Got both eyes tight shut
      Just sitting here trying to keep the hunger from
      Creeping it's way into my gut

      Meet me at the bottom, don't lag behind
      Bring me my boots and shoes
      You can hang back or fight your best on the frontline
      Sing a little bit of these workingman's blues

      Well, I'm sailin' on back, ready for the long haul
      Tossed by the winds and the seas
      I'll drag 'em all down to hell and I'll stand 'em at
      the wall
      I'll sell 'em to their enemies
      I'm a-tryin' to feed my soul with thought
      Gonna sleep off the rest of the day
      Sometimes no one wants what you got
      Sometimes you can't give it away

      Now the place is ringed with countless foes
      Some of them may be deaf and dumb
      No man, no woman knows
      The hour that sorrow will come
      In the dark I hear the night birds call
      I can feel a lover's breath
      I sleep in the kitchen with my feet in the hall
      Sleep is like a temporary death

      Meet me at the bottom, don't lag behind
      Bring me my boots and shoes
      You can hang back or fight your best on the frontline
      Sing a little bit of these workingman's blues

      Well, they burned my barn, and they stole my horse
      I can't save a dime
      I got to be careful, I don't want to be forced
      Into a life of continual crime
      I can see for myself that the sun is sinking
      How I wish you were here to see
      Tell me now, am I wrong in thinking
      That you have forgotten me?

      Now they worry and they hurry and they fuss and they
      fret
      They waste your nights and days
      Them I will forget
      But you I'll remember always
      Old memories of you to me have clung
      You've wounded me with your words
      Gonna have to straighten out your tongue
      It's all true, everything you've heard

      Meet me at the bottom, don't lag behind
      Bring me my boots and shoes
      You can hang back or fight your best at the frontline
      Sing a little bit of these workingman's blues

      In you, my friend, I find no blame
      Wanna look in my eyes, please do
      No one can ever claim
      That I took up arms against you.
      All across the peaceful sacred fields
      They will lay you low
      They'll break your horns and slash you with steel
      I say it, so it must be so

      Now I'm down on my luck and I'm black and blue
      Gonna give you another chance
      I'm all alone I'm expecting you
      To lead me off in a cheerful dance
      I got a brand new suit and a brand new wife
      I can live on rice and beans
      Some people never worked a day in their life
      Don't know what work even means

      Well, meet me at the bottom, don't lag behind
      Bring me my boots and shoes
      You could hang back or fight your best on the
      frontline
      Sing a little bit of these workingman's blues

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Tarjei Straume
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 8, 2006
        At 21:28 08.09.2006, you wrote:

        >It's so interesting to read such black and white ignorance from Diana.

        How old is she? Her excessively repetitive "LOL" (laugh out loud) is
        very adolescent. For years, my son has been in the habit of answering
        every written message with "LOL", but now it looks like he's growing
        out of it in his 17th year.

        How old is Diana? She's some sort of retard, whose soul-development
        is long stagnated like a fossil. This fossilizing element, the
        essence of which she shares with the rest of her hate-cult, consists
        of having absolutely no interests or ideals of positive, constructive
        value to pursue. Her entire life-effort, her whole passion, is bent
        upon ridiculing something that other people find valuable, and to
        ridicule and discredit those people personally in the process.

        If you live in this frame of mind 24/7 year after year, the
        inevitable result is your own confusion - a confusion so severe that
        you become blind to the fact that your only impact on your
        environment is comparable to that of vermin - sewer rats, babysnakes,
        etc. - and your pursuit of "discussions" acts as a leech endeavoring
        to suck the lifeblood out of your fellow men and women as long as
        these people regard as valuable something that fills you with so much
        obsessive animosity that you're incapable of pursuing any interests
        except making life miserable for people whose philosophy of life you
        hate so passionately you can hardly sleep at night.

        The most ridiculous thing that ever came from Diana's keyboard was
        that the anthros at the AT had "baited the critics." Ha! It's those
        hole dwellers who have been baiting unsuspecting anthroposophists for
        two decades by demonizing their thoughts, even anthroposophists who
        have had nothing to do with Waldorf. So the issue is not, like they
        say, a question of US tax money, the Constitution, and religion -
        that's just a silly smoke screen. No, it's about anthroposophists
        being either closet Nazis, or being Nazis without really knowing it
        because they're ignorant of the history of their movement! The Hole
        Folks are hoping, praying, and longing for the hour when we will all
        stretch out our right arm and yell in unison, "Sieg Heil, Rudolf and Adolf!"

        Because of this, my respect for the Hole Folks, including Diana, is
        equal to Zero. Zilch. In the Hole, they have all those rules against
        "ad hominem arguments", against "non-Waldorf jokes", rules agains
        discussing any topic not construed for the purpose of ridiculing,
        slandering, and discrediting anthroposophists by any means possible,
        through lies, cheating, the planting of false rumors, attacking
        family members and even children of anthroposophists, criticizing
        their food and medicine, ridiculing them for what they watch on TV
        and ridiculing them even more if they don't watch TV. Dan Dugan wants
        all physicians to have their licences revoked if they have
        specialized in anthroposophical medicine, and so on. So all this
        gentlemanly behavior with rules against commenting on what is
        happening in the heads of the persons you're debating, spending a
        week on the bench followed by an abject apology and promise of good
        behavior, is hypocritical and morally bankrupt. It's hostility,
        dishonesty, indecency, and lies that they're pathetically trying to
        wrap up in a cloak of external decency.

        But these tricks don't work anymore. They've been exposed. And every
        bark and growl that comes out of the Unthinkable Facility is a
        testimony to the truth of this exposure.

        Tarjei
        http://uncletaz.com/

        "Against stupidity the gods themselves are powerless."
        - Euripides
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 8, 2006
          Yeah, here we got Peter Karaiskos pulling the OJ
          Simpson defense: Everybodies wrong but me. Ick

          Peter you're excuses only fit in the hole with Winters
          and crew who don't have the excuses you do: they're
          just lazy bones relying on the Science is King
          mentality that rules their non thinking bones. Those
          who live with you and next to you are well aware of
          your 'personal' issues. Get a grip man and conscious
          while your at it. You keep embarrassing your children
          with the ignorant lie of 'all waldorf teachers are
          abusers', 'they tried to steal my children' and such
          baloney that befits a severly hurt parent who tries to
          make everybody elses life hell. People wanna keep
          saying your nice, they wanna excuse your bullying,
          because they know you are hurt but at some point they
          are gonna have to stop feeling sorry for you and give
          you a little truth serum if they actually care about
          you as a human being. Your'e a grown man, get on with
          it Peter.

          I mean good god man where is your brain. I get divorce
          hurts, not living with the kids hurts, but millions of
          fathers go through it and don't drag their families
          into the dirt like you are doing everyday over there
          at the hole. Some do and really live to regret it
          later on in life. Get a life Pete. Get a real life and
          move on man before life passes you by so quick you are
          left at a lonely table trying to figure out what the
          hell happened to my life.

          They're education is doing fine. Those kids over at
          that school are really beautiful human beings, kindly
          human beings, creative kids. You really sell them all
          short with your fight with your ex wife. Be careful
          that what you wish and are mouthing off for doesn't
          come true Peter. That was be a tragedy. Give them the
          support they need Pete. Be an outstanding man and
          handle your business like a man and not some malcreant
          that can only work in the gutter of hurt feelings and
          lash out at all who took away what he things was his.

          Best,
          Dottie

          Peter K:
          No, my concerns about the school my kids are in are
          for their safety
          which is sometimes at risk, and for their education,
          which is always at
          risk. I am certain I would regret NOT speaking out
          against the people
          who have hurt my kids repeatedly. As far as
          "extremists" go, the only
          extremists I've seen, as far as actual behavior goes,
          is on the side of
          the Waldorf people. This behavior includes lying to
          me, lying to my
          kids, lying to their lawyer, threats of violence,
          threats of legal
          action, threats of corporal punishment to my children,
          expulsion of one
          of my kids, threatening to have me arrested for NO
          reason, defamation of
          my character, defamation of my children's character,
          false accusations,
          harassment, verbal assaults and more. All because I
          voice my opinon on
          the internet. Nice group of people aren't they?

          Thanks, again, Dottie, for giving me the opportunity
          to respond to your
          comments about me. Keep it up.

          http://mail.yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 8, 2006
            Here's a page with the new Dylan lyrics. I'm thinking
            about one line he has where its about people telling
            us what is and what is not which allows no freedom for
            one's own thinking. Felt it expressed exactly what I
            was trying to share with Ms. Winters.

            http://www.metrolyrics.com/album/1548/2006474346/Bob-Dylan-Modern-Times-lyrics

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Mike helsher
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 8, 2006
              --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, Tarjei Straume wrote:

              > At 21:28 08.09.2006, you wrote:
              >
              > >It's so interesting to read such black and white ignorance from
              Diana.

              > How old is she? Her excessively repetitive "LOL" (laugh out loud)
              is
              > very adolescent. For years, my son has been in the habit of
              answering
              > every written message with "LOL", but now it looks like he's
              growing
              > out of it in his 17th year.
              >
              > How old is Diana? She's some sort of retard, whose soul-development
              > is long stagnated like a fossil. This fossilizing element, the
              > essence of which she shares with the rest of her hate-cult,
              consists
              > of having absolutely no interests or ideals of positive,
              constructive
              > value to pursue. Her entire life-effort, her whole passion, is bent
              > upon ridiculing something that other people find valuable, and to
              > ridicule and discredit those people personally in the process.
              >
              > If you live in this frame of mind 24/7 year after year, the
              > inevitable result is your own confusion - a confusion so severe
              that
              > you become blind to the fact that your only impact on your
              > environment is comparable to that of vermin - sewer rats,
              babysnakes,

              Ah yes, "Baby snakes"...Just though some may want to hear what music
              written about them sounds like. this just in at the top of the page:

              http://www.freewebs.com/thefishercat/ofcriticsandcynics.htm

              Mike
            • Tarjei Straume
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 9, 2006
                Dottie wrote:

                >Here's a page with the new Dylan lyrics.

                Yeah, there's lots of Dylan websites out there, and I was just going
                to share something from expectingrain.com, but the site or its server
                (webhost) seems to be down.

                I learned something interesting there about a verse from my alltime
                favorite BD song, "Desolation Row":

                http://www.bobdylan.com/songs/desolation.html

                "Einstein, disguised as Robin Hood
                With his memories in a trunk
                Passed this way an hour ago
                With his friend, a jealous monk
                He looked so immaculately frightful
                As he bummed a cigarette
                Then he went off sniffing drainpipes
                And reciting the alphabet
                Now you would not think to look at him
                But he was famous long ago
                For playing the electric violin
                On Desolation Row"

                I've never intellectualized this, but it seems like there used to be
                an optimistic drive in the old days to bring cheap electricity to the
                poor (like Robin Hood helping out the poor) in the wake of nuclear
                energy, and Einstein's work had contributed to this technology, which
                was instantly used as a bomb. So that's why Einstein was "famous long
                ago" for playing the electric violin!

                I can't stop being continually amazed at Bob Dylan's superb artistic
                imagery, which lifts almost every subject matter he touches far above
                the mundane everyday-stuff into unexpected dimensions. Which is why
                he refused to be pinned down with stereotypical labels like "protest singer".