Has anyone read...

  • Deborah
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 30 5:39 PM
      "The God Theory: Universes, Zero-Point Fields, and What's Behind it
      All" by Bernard Haisch?

      Quote:
      It may be useful here to distinguish between spirituality and
      religiosity, in the same way we differentiate between the laws of
      nature and the laws of a given society. While religious practice is
      inevitably bound up with culture, spiritual laws--like the laws of
      nature--are of a higher order.

      and another quote:

      Biologists today struggle with the profound problem of forging an
      evolutionary chain between the primordial soup and thinking human
      beings. For neuroscientists, the challenge is to discover how the
      brain and its chemistry give rise to consciousness. This direction
      from the inanimate to the conscious is taken essentially as an
      unquestionable fact governing the respectable research agenda. The
      mystics also have observations to report on this topic, however.
      From every time and place, they point in the opposite direction.
      Matter does not create consciousness, they tell us; consciousness
      creates matter.
      I maintain, therefore, that the age of exploration is only
      beginning. Modern science is not at risk of exhausting its field of
      research; it has simply, by and large, failed to notice the vast
      possibilities for discovery outside the well-explored field of
      reductionism. Science denies that there is another world beyond its
      borders and treats the reports of travelers in that realm as
      delusions and imaginings. Real discoveries lie ahead if we can learn
      to integrate the vast physical knowledge accumulated by science over
      three centuries, with the spiritual awareness embodied in our own
      consciousness.

      Borrow it from your local library :)

      Deborah K