Re: Fwd: (Al) Chemists On A Plane...

  • Mike helsher
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 19 9:24 AM
      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, Jo Ann Schwartz
      <sr_joanna@...> wrote:

      > Via the always amusing Pitch...
      >
      > > FYI--From The Register via The Progressive Review Undernews, another
      > > account describing the more or less actual process of preparing a
      liquid
      > > explosive on an airliner in flight. It begins with an informative
      > > discussion of *Hollywood* science. Highly recommended!
      > >
      > > Let me quote the conclusion first:
      > >
      > > <<So the fabled binary liquid explosive - that is, the sudden
      mixing of
      > > hydrogen peroxide and acetone with sulfuric acid to create a
      plane-killing
      > > explosion, is out of the question.>>
      > >
      > > So it seems that--as I've been feeling these past few days--we've
      been
      > > watching too much McGuyver and not enough basic Chem 101 filmstrips.
      > > This so-called *plot* is just agit-prop aimed at things like
      Loki's post
      > > suggested--diverting public attention from various political events.
      > >
      > > Let me add, as an aside, that reports say that the the so-called
      terrorists
      > > did not have airline tickets, passports, or the other things that
      > > international air travellers need to fly. Leaving the puzzle of
      just how they
      > > intended to get on the planes. [Ah, yes, by (al)chemy!]
      > >
      > > <<Mass murder in the skies: was the plot feasible?>>
      > > <<Let's whip up some TATP and find out>>
      > >
      > > By Thomas C Greene in Washington
      > >
      > > http://www.theregister.com/2006/08/17/flying_toilet_terror_labs/
      >
      > Merrily,
      > JoAnn

      Nice one Jo!

      You know, I'm starting to see big election signs popping up on the
      road around here, so the timing for this kind of fear-injection is
      right on que, along with movies Like "snakes on a plane" and the
      constant drumming of the leading bleadings on the "FAIR AND BALANCED"
      corporate cloning talking head machines...

      Musing Mel Brooks as Yogurt..."what a world...what a world...."

      Mike