Postcard from a Friend

  • Valerie Walsh
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 8, 2006
      See That My Grave is Kept Clean
      Dates From August 03, 2006 8:00 PM
      Through August 27, 2006 7:00 PM
        Opening Preview August 3 @8pm. General Admission:
      Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays - August 3-5, 10-12, 17-19,
      24-26 @ 8pm Sundays, August 6, 13, 20, 27 @ 7pm

      Location
      A Traveling Jewish Theatre
      470 Florida Street
      San Francisco, CA

      Website http://www.constructioncrewt...

      Contact Gary Aylesworth
      San Francisco, CA
      (415) 831-1943
      cctix@...

      See That My Grave is Kept Clean by Gary Aylesworth is a timely
      and relevant work that brings to life two historical figures that
      shaped the modern world.  Edward Bernays and Harry Smith
      exerted tremendous influence in the economic and cultural
      spheres in the 20th century.  See That My Grave is Kept Clean
      examines the biographies of two men who lived diametrically
      opposed lives. The juxtaposition of these two forces in culture,
      politics, and economics gives a view into the hidden battle for the
      soul of America.

      See That My Grave is Kept Clean marks Aylesworth's return to
      the theater after working as a Waldorf class teacher for the last
      ten years.  This play grew out of his experience with
      Anthroposophy and Rudolf Steiner's famous sculpture The
      Representative of Man.  In the sculpture, the universal human is
      poised between the forces of expansion and contraction, Lucifer
      and Ahriman, two forces that underlie the human being and
      evolutionary history.  Aylesworth juxtaposed the biographies of
      Edward L. Bernays and Harry Smith to reflect the sculpture's
      forces and to shed light on the economic, cultural, and political
      powers that shape our lives today.