Re: First Class Party (yes, it's a song)

  • Valerie Walsh
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 7, 2006
      Ya, this is a song-so if you don't want to be bothered with
      something as mundane as a song don't read it-DELETE IT!!!

      I've been taking off and landing but this airport's closed
      and how much thicker this fog is gonna get, God only knows
      Just when you think that you've got a grip,
      reality sneaks off and gives you the slip-
      As if you ever knew what it was,
      takin' you down the line.

      CHORUS:

      Tearing through the cotton fields and bus shelters
      of the South running helter skelter
      Down through the Mississippi Delta
      with no place to call your own.
      Mixing up drinks with mixed feelings,
      all along the paint was peeling
      down to an Indian blanket on a pony,
      with no rider in the flesh and bone

      Lookin' for his buffalo river home.

      I've been circling the wagons down at Times Square
      trying to fill up this hole in my soul, but nothing fits there
      Just when you think that you can let it rip
      you're pounding the pavement in your daddy's wingtips
      As if you had someplace else to go, or a better way to get there.

      CHORUS

      Now there's only two things in life, but I forget what they are-
      it seems we're either hangin' on a moonbeam's coattails, or
      wishing on stars.
      Just when you think that you've been gyped,
      the bearded lady comes and does a double back flip
      and you run off and join the circus,
      yeah you just let that pony ride.

      CHORUS:

      Lookin' for his buffalo river home.
    • Fire
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 8, 2006

        I know an old lady...
        who swallowed a fly
        I don't know why..
        she swallowed a fly..
        perhaps she'll die

        I know an old lady who swallowed a spider..
        that wriggled and jiggled and wiggled inside her
        she swallowed the spider to catch the fly
        but i dont know why she swallowed the fly
        perhaps she'll die..

        I know an old lady who swallowed a bird
        a bird
        how absurd
        she swallowed the bird to catch the spider
        that wriggled and tiggled and jiggled inside her
        she swallowed the spider to catch the fly but i dont know why
        she swallowed the fly perhaps she'll die..

        I know an old lady who swallowed a cat
        fancy that
        swallowed a cat
        she swallowed the cat to catch the bird
[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com
      • Valerie Walsh
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 8, 2006
          Miss Mary Mac, Mac, Mac
          All dressed in black, black, black
          With silver buttons, buttons, buttons
          All down her back, back, back
          She asked her mother, mother, mother
          For fifteen cents, cents, cents
          To see the elephants, elephants, elephants, elephants
          They jumped the fence, fence, fence
          They jumped so high, high, high
          They reached the sky, sky, sky
          And never came back, back, back
          'Til the fourth of July, lie, lie, lie

          I'm sorry that I'm getting chubby
          And I cannot always be happy for you
          And I'm not some lame sorority queen
          Taking you home to meet my Daddy

          You collect your trustfund baby
          And I'll be a whore
          And we'll pretend we're just the same but
          I know I know I know I know that

          I, I am hiding
          The YOU I show to YOU is just a lie
          You take what you want, you got what you take
          You take what you want, you are what you hate
          But I got something man, that you fucking cannot buy

          You never know what it's like to be alive

          I could scream my truth, if I wanted
          Right thru your lies
          But your baseball bat words, razormouth
          Carves your initials bloody in my thighs