Re: Schweitzer (conclusion)

  • Steve Hale
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 1, 2006
      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Smith"
      <ftsster@...> wrote:
      <snip>
      > P.S: Here's a picure from the same book whuch Steve H. may want to
      hang in
      > his private chapel. http://southerncrossreview.org/48/steiner-
      simpl.htm .
      > The caption beneath reads: "I am the Lord, my God. I cannot bear
      other gods
      > beside me."
      > "Caracature by Th. Heine, Simplicissimus, 4.20.25"

      Well, coming less than thirty days after his death, it appears to be a
      mocking gesture of: "good riddance".

      Steve
    • Frank Smith
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 2, 2006
        <ftsster@...> wrote:
        <snip>
        > P.S: Here's a picure from the same book whuch Steve H. may want to
        hang in
        > his private chapel. http://southerncrossreview.org/48/steiner-
        simpl.htm .
        > The caption beneath reads: "I am the Lord, my God. I cannot bear
        other gods
        > beside me."
        > "Caracature by Th. Heine, Simplicissimus, 4.20.25"

        Well, coming less than thirty days after his death, it appears to be a
        mocking gesture of:  "good riddance".

        Steve
        Of course it is - and more. But from that remark I'm getting the impression that we may have misjudged you, Steve. Your problem may be more naivete than what we have been criticizing you for.

        Frank

      • Steve Hale
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 2, 2006
          <ftsster@...> wrote:
          > > Steve
          > > Of course it is - and more. But from that remark I'm getting the
          > > impression that we may have misjudged you, Steve. Your problem may
          be more
          > > naivete than what we have been criticizing you for.
          >

          > Frank

          Maybe so, Frank. In fact, I think you've touched on something very
          important; Steve's sincere naivety of the chaos that he has caused. You
          see, he asked a very naive question in the first place, which opened a
          can of worms that he can't be expected to control. The criticism is
          beyond his ken of comprehension, as he has no savvy, and is rather
          apolitical. Maybe it would be more correct to say that he is a schmuck.
          At least a schmuck knows something.

          Steve