Adolf or Rudolf? (was: Hebrews)

  • Tarjei Straume
    Message 1 of 146 , Aug 1, 2006
      Bradford wrote:

      >Steiner is the most dangerous philosopher, he ain't no Albert Schweitzer.

      <snip>

      >Tragedy isn't fun, to be rigorously honest and
      >doomed? What would Diana say? What would the
      >Vorstand say about some Anti-semite Anthro...?
      >What would the Vorstand say about Vreede, Stein,
      >Wegman, Tomberg, Jens Ingvald Bjørneboe all
      >daring ideas but not acceptable, not something
      >that good christians should associate with.
      >Better watch it the Vorstand is gonna gettcha.
      >OH...MY... I suppose Tarjei imagines that
      >Steiner isn't the most dangerous philsopher?

      You're referring to my comment on your
      "Springtime for hitler Lyrics" concerning
      repercussions. And the most dangerous philosopher
      was Adolf Hitler, not Rudolf Steiner. And it was
      Adolf who was "no Albert Schweitzer". As we have
      just learned, Schweitzer and Steiner were very close indeed.

      This time you're not helping Peter Staudenmaier
      as much as you're helping Dan Dugan, who for
      years and years has struggled to portray Steiner
      and Hitler as some sort of twin souls with almost identical philosophies.

      Here is an exchange between DD and myself from the WC May 12, 1999:

      http://uncletaz.com/wc/wcthreads/hitlocc.html

      From: Dan Dugan
      Subject: Re: Hitler's Occultism
      Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 01:18:37 -0700

      Tarjei Straume quoted Hitler,

      "We stand at the beginning of a colossal
      revolution with regard to moral ideas and the
      spiritual orientation of humanity. A new age is
      coming with the magical interpretation of
      reality, an interpretation based upon the will, not upon intelligence."

      Doesn't that sound a lot like Steiner? Warmed-over Nietzsche.

      -Dan Dugan

      Daring intuition, dangerous philosophy, intuition
      and magic at the expense of intellect and reason:
      Adolf Hitler, not Rudolf Steiner. *This is my response to DD:

      From: Tarjei Straume
      Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 15:30:42 +0200

      Dan Dugan wrote:

      Tarjei Straume quoted Hitler,

      "We stand at the beginning of a colossal
      revolution with regard to moral ideas and the
      spiritual orientation of humanity. A new age is
      coming with the magical interpretation of
      reality, an interpretation based upon the will, not upon intelligence."

      Doesn't that sound a lot like Steiner?

      <Tarjei:>
      Steiner emphasized thinking as a primary tool for
      epistemology and cognition. This is something
      Hitler strongly discouraged. He sought to control
      people through the emotions, and the most
      effective emotion to control them, he once said,
      was through the fear of imminent death by violence.

      But I would agree that the names Rudolf Steiner
      and Adolf Hitler have an alliteral kinship -
      something like Christ and Antichrist.

      Tarjei Straume

      Remember also what I said earlier about Hitler's
      reading technique, which I also shared with the WC in those days:

      http://uncletaz.com/wc/wcthreads/hitlerread.html

      "He insisted that his method of reading, better
      than any other, consisted of "remembering the
      essential and forgetting the unessential
      completely". In practice, this meant defining
      what is essential, which in the case of Adolf
      Hitler did not entail logical analysis, but an
      intuitive and emotional process of comprehension,
      which he skillfully united with whatever appealed to his own prejudices."

      Contrast this with Rudolf Steiner's emphasis on
      "thinking". All this talk about dangerous and
      daring intuitions takes us in an entirely
      different direction, into "a magical
      interpretation of reality". Thinkers are dead heads.

      Tarjei
    • Deborah
      Message 146 of 146 , Aug 6, 2006
        Bootlicker? I thought the theme of the week was sock sucking (I adore
        alliteration).

        Deborah