Re: What Does It Mean to be the Chosen People?

  • Steve Hale
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 30, 2006
      <hisholiness@...> wrote:
      <snip>
      > Notable in all of these sources is that there is
      > nothing chauvinistic about our state as the
      > Chosen People. There is nothing about it that
      > makes us better. Our chosen status simply makes
      > us distinct ­ but no more or less distinct than
      > any other nation that fulfills its role in the world.

      Also notable is the absence of any reference to the books of the
      Prophets, whose task it was to foretell of the coming of the
      Messiah. Each of these prophets had received a direct revelation
      from God that had the effect of enabling them to remember the
      initiation that they had received in their prior lives as members of
      different nations where mystery schools existed. And they had
      undergone the rigors of initiation in order to attain wisdom. Then
      they were collectively reincarnated as the prophets of the Hebrew
      cultural stream for the very important task of bringing a particular
      message, through God, of the nearness and necessity of the Christ
      coming to earth at the point of the completion of the descending
      phase of evolution that the books of the Old Testament describe.

      Having received a revelation from God that effectively caused each
      of them to remember the wisdom attained in their former lives, and
      without having again to undergo the process of initiaton, they began
      their chosen task through God to reveal the undeniable course that
      would bring the Messiah to earth.

      Steve