Yawns from the Hole

  • Tarjei Straume
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 4, 2006
      There isn't much to write about in the Hole. I just took a peek.
      Apart from endlessly boring school-stuff, they're into their second
      decade of long-winded protests against the idea that the heart is not
      a pump. The heart is a pump and nothing else, and that's that. The
      second decade of endless discussions contain the same old, old shit
      in the Unthinkable Unplumbed facility that has lost its stench, and
      where no new shit is produced because the residents are all constipated.

      One of these constipated ones is Peter S, who now tries to exhume old
      shit about "Waldorf in Nazi Germany". He recommends columinous books
      on the topic is recommended reading, although these books, alas, put
      anthroposophy and Waldorf in a favorable light. A difficult thing to
      change even for a wannabe historian if he wasn't there. And he can't
      go there via Akasha, because that would corroborate Steiner's
      research methods, so concoctions are called for.

      That's how all these meaningless words, words, words are spewed from
      keyboards through compulsive internet addicts with a grudge and a
      chip on their shoulders, while all we really need is a few words by
      someone who was physically there in person. Of course I've already
      posted this to the Hole - on February 9, 1999, in fact - wow that's
      more than seven years ago! No need for us to exhume anything and
      discuss it over and over:

      http://uncletaz.com/henrywaldorf.html

      Henry Barnes about Waldorf Education and Nazism

      "Two of the three guest speakers at that conference were teachers at
      the school in Stuttgart, Germany, which Rudolf Steiner had founded in
      1919. What they said about the school, and about the view of the
      human being on which it was based, stirred me deeply. I determined to
      go to Stuttgart - one way or another - but I had already committed
      myself to a teaching job for the fall, a position I considered myself
      fortunate to have obtained during those Depression years. My even
      greater good fortune, however, was that when I told the school's
      headmaster that I wanted to leave at the end of the first year to
      study this new "Waldorf" education, he smiled wisely and said, "Why
      don't you go now and get it out of your system? Then come back to
      Choate." As a result, I arrived in Stuttgart eight months after
      Hitler had been elected chancellor of Germany on January 30, 1933. As
      a student in the Waldorf Teacher Training Course, I came to realize
      that the Nazi government was gradually tightening a noose in the hope
      that the school would sooner or later close on its own."

      Incidentally, I signed off my February 1999 WC post with these words:

      "To sum it up in a nutshell: This is how Henry Barnes explains how he
      was drawn to a Waldorf Nazi meeting in America, hypnotized into the
      cult by stealth and shrewdness - "What they said about the school,
      and about the view of the human being on which it was based, stirred
      me deeply" - and went to Stuttgart to salute Hitler in the Waldorf fashion."

      The WC residents probably felt a flush of shame, because this post
      passed without comment. Naturally, it was stonewalled and ignored.
      And now they discuss this historical period as if Henry Barnes had
      never been there, so they can spin their own tales about it.

      Yawn,

      Tarjei
    • Mike helsher
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 4, 2006
        Hisholiness wrote:

        <snip> The WC residents probably felt a flush of shame, because this
        post
        > passed without comment. Naturally, it was stonewalled and ignored.
        > And now they discuss this historical period as if Henry Barnes had
        > never been there, so they can spin their own tales about it.
        >
        > Yawn,
        >
        > Tarjei

        Remember Mr T.? Reminds me of a similar mind set. "I'm gonna get you
        Balboa...Your Mine!" I think I'd rather watch endless re-runs of Rocky
        III than re-read all the samn-ole same-ole over there.

        Mike