Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] true perception of Nature Spirits

    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 2, 2006
      Hey Deborah,

      It's interesting because I think it almost outs the
      situation that is hiding behind the doors so to speak.
      Stephen made a comment that I was asking 'Jewish
      styled questions', Dan offered a quote from the bible
      about the Jews trying to ask Jesus the Christ
      questions to get him to admit something that then he
      would be hung for. I mean it is really incredible how
      Stephen will take it from Dan and then use it in a
      racist form. But all in all I think I am happy to see
      such blatant racist ignorance instead of it being
      hidden in their work only to be then committed to
      Rudolf Steiner's way of thinking later on down the
      line by one like Staudenmaier. At least this way the
      Staudenmaier group and the wcers can see that any body
      can claim to be working off of a persons work and at
      the same time that would not necessarily represent
      that particular persons teachings in its fullest.

      And I think you are right that it is small minded
      thinking when compared to the larger group of people.

      Best,
      Dottie

      --- laquerencia33@... wrote:

      > I would simply prefer a descriptive term that didn't
      > refer to a particular
      > ethnic group. It isn't necessary today to use a
      > prejorative term like
      > Arabism which reflects on what is in reality a large
      > and very
      > heterogenious group of people. Why can't the
      > Occident/West take
      > responsibility for its own plundering and
      > psychological splitting instead
      > of demonizing other religious traditions? There's
      > much more breathing
      > room in a world with a diversity of spiritual
      > perspectives than in one
      > converted to Christian fundamentalism, which in its
      > militant form is
      > driving the most powerfully destructive impulses on
      > the world stage at
      > this time. Why not let's just worry about
      > confronting the shadow side of
      > our own country and spiritual traditions.
      >
      > I'm speaking here in very general terms about what
      > we contribute to the
      > zeitgeist with our concepts...
      >
      > DeborahB
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Steve Hale
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 4, 2006
        --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, laquerencia33@...
        wrote:

        > I would simply prefer a descriptive term that didn't refer to a
        particular
        > ethnic group. It isn't necessary today to use a prejorative term
        like
        > Arabism which reflects on what is in reality a large and very
        > heterogenious group of people. Why can't the Occident/West take
        > responsibility for its own plundering and psychological splitting
        instead
        > of demonizing other religious traditions?

        I used this term in order to indicate the "arabism" that began in
        the middle east some 1340 years ago, bringing forth the
        intellectualism of a material world, and then migrated into Europe
        in order to bring the logical empiricism ascribed to thinkers like
        Bacon, Locke, and Hume. This is the thinking that spread through
        Europe until a certain redemption of the Greek roots took place with
        German Idealism.

        And this "arabism" would migrate across the ocean to where we are
        today, some 400 years later. America is the center of the "arabism"
        I'm talking about, not Islam. And now, 1340 years after it all
        started in 666 AD, America rules this place as the controlling force
        in the middle east. Quite paradoxical, it seems, and deserving of
        all the pejoratively descriptive tersm we can come up with.

        Steve
      • Steve Hale
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 4, 2006
          <dottie_z@...> wrote:

          > Hey Deborah,
          >
          > It's interesting because I think it almost outs the
          > situation that is hiding behind the doors so to speak.
          > Stephen made a comment that I was asking 'Jewish
          > styled questions', Dan offered a quote from the bible
          > about the Jews trying to ask Jesus the Christ
          > questions to get him to admit something that then he
          > would be hung for. I mean it is really incredible how
          > Stephen will take it from Dan and then use it in a
          > racist form. But all in all I think I am happy to see
          > such blatant racist ignorance instead of it being
          > hidden in their work only to be then committed to
          > Rudolf Steiner's way of thinking later on down the
          > line by one like Staudenmaier.

          Wow, you really said this. Amazing.

          Steve