The Living Comforter

  • Steve Hale
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2006
      "In our present age what matters is that people should recognise the
      need for the knowledge contained in Spiritual Science and be able so
      to fire the streams flowing from heart to brain that this knowledge
      can be understood. If this comes to pass, individuals will be able
      to receive and comprehend the event that has its beginning in the
      Twentieth Century: this event is the appearance of the Christ as an
      Etheric Being in contradistinction to the Physical Christ of
      Palestine. For we have now reached the point of time when the
      Etheric Christ enters into the life of the Earth and will become
      visible — at first to a small number of individuals through a form
      of natural clairvoyance. Then in the course of the next three
      thousand years, He will become visible to greater and greater
      numbers of people. This will inevitably come to pass in the natural
      course of development. That it will come to pass is as true as were
      the achievements of electricity in the nineteenth century. A number
      of individuals will see the Etheric Christ and will themselves
      experience the event that took place at Damascus. But this will
      depend upon such men learning to be alert to the moment when Christ
      draws near to them. In only a few decades from now it will happen,
      particularly to those who are young — already preparation is being
      made for this — that some individual here or there has certain
      experiences. If he has sharpened his vision through having
      assimilated Anthroposophy, he may become aware that suddenly someone
      has come near to help him, to make him alert to this or that. The
      truth is that Christ has come to him, although he believes that what
      he saw is a physical man. He will come to realise that what he saw
      was a supersensible being, because it immediately vanishes. Many a
      human being will have this experience when sitting silent in his
      room, heavy-hearted and oppressed, not knowing which way to turn.
      The door will open, and the etheric Christ will appear and speak
      words of consolation to him. The Christ will become a living
      Comforter to men. However strange it may as yet seem, it is true
      nevertheless that many a time when people — even in considerable
      numbers — are sitting together, not knowing what to do, and waiting,
      they will see the Etheric Christ. He will Himself be there, will
      confer with them, will make His voice heard in such gatherings.
      These times are approaching, and the positive, constructive element
      now described will take real effect in the evolution of mankind."

      From "Etherization of the Blood", October 1, 1911, Rudolf Steiner
    • Mike T
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1, 2006
        I would like to state publicly that I had such an experience about 25 years
        ago, witnessed by two others. He appeared on a busy street footpath, an old
        old man, stopped about 15 feet in front of me and motioned to me - always
        looking ahead. I went to him leaving my two companions. He was trying to say
        something and leaned down with effort closer to my ear. I finally heard what
        he said. I went back to my companions and when I related what he said, I
        turned around to look for the old man and he was gone. Impossible - it was a
        busy street, he was shuffling really slowly. He was not up the street, nor
        up the street to the left of us, which was up hill. He could not have gone
        more than 10 feet, in the time frame. And on reflection, we didn't really
        even see him coming. There were no other people around.

        His words were "God Bless You" to me.

        There is a plan for all of us. Moments of spiritual experience are life
        changing. THose life changing moments are pe-ordained, depending on our
        mission. It is sometimes good that one is not given a life changing moment
        until we have fully prepared in an earthly way for our mission; in case it
        is given too soon, we may be put off track and not finish our preparation.
        Every day is a test and a preparation for the future. When the right time
        comes, trust the spiritual world to know that.

        I have had over the years special moments and I love to dream, because there
        I have met our dear Rudolf Steiner many a time.

        Mike T

        >From: "Steve Hale" <sardisian01@...>
        >To: anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] The Living Comforter
        >Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2006 01:01:09 -0000
        >
        >"In our present age what matters is that people should recognise the
        >need for the knowledge contained in Spiritual Science and be able so
        >to fire the streams flowing from heart to brain that this knowledge
        >can be understood. If this comes to pass, individuals will be able
        >to receive and comprehend the event that has its beginning in the
        >Twentieth Century: this event is the appearance of the Christ as an
        >Etheric Being in contradistinction to the Physical Christ of
        >Palestine. For we have now reached the point of time when the
        >Etheric Christ enters into the life of the Earth and will become
        >visible � at first to a small number of individuals through a form
        >of natural clairvoyance. Then in the course of the next three
        >thousand years, He will become visible to greater and greater
        >numbers of people. This will inevitably come to pass in the natural
        >course of development. That it will come to pass is as true as were
        >the achievements of electricity in the nineteenth century. A number
        >of individuals will see the Etheric Christ and will themselves
        >experience the event that took place at Damascus. But this will
        >depend upon such men learning to be alert to the moment when Christ
        >draws near to them. In only a few decades from now it will happen,
        >particularly to those who are young � already preparation is being
        >made for this � that some individual here or there has certain
        >experiences. If he has sharpened his vision through having
        >assimilated Anthroposophy, he may become aware that suddenly someone
        >has come near to help him, to make him alert to this or that. The
        >truth is that Christ has come to him, although he believes that what
        >he saw is a physical man. He will come to realise that what he saw
        >was a supersensible being, because it immediately vanishes. Many a
        >human being will have this experience when sitting silent in his
        >room, heavy-hearted and oppressed, not knowing which way to turn.
        >The door will open, and the etheric Christ will appear and speak
        >words of consolation to him. The Christ will become a living
        >Comforter to men. However strange it may as yet seem, it is true
        >nevertheless that many a time when people � even in considerable
        >numbers � are sitting together, not knowing what to do, and waiting,
        >they will see the Etheric Christ. He will Himself be there, will
        >confer with them, will make His voice heard in such gatherings.
        >These times are approaching, and the positive, constructive element
        >now described will take real effect in the evolution of mankind."
        >
        >From "Etherization of the Blood", October 1, 1911, Rudolf Steiner

        realestate.com.au: the biggest address in property
        http://ninemsn.realestate.com.au
      • Mike T
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 1, 2006
          P.S. - I missed writing in my earlier post. I am not sure who the old man
          was. I half suspected it may have been Christian Rozenkreutz. But from the
          readings particularly on here in the archives, it suggests it cold have been
          also Jesus, or the Christ.