Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Interesting Quote

  • Joel Wendt
    Message 1 of 43 , Jul 1, 2006
      Sorry Mike, if this seemed unclear. I was referring to the Matthew
      quote of Christ, as something distinct and quite different in tone, from
      Jo Ann's quote from R. J. Stewart, saying: "I often think that
      self-development is essentially a materialistic false goal, masquerading
      as something supposedly spiritual."

      Stewart teaches Goddess and Underworld magic, supposedly out of old
      English traditions, perhaps Druidic and/or Authurian. Stephen Clarke,
      who visits here occassionally, knows a lot more about him than I do, and
      seems to find Stewart a good source. He must not be watching, since he
      hasn't popped in on this thread.

      I'd basically say, that if Stewart really believes that, then he is the
      one who is lost. Perhaps, however, he is referring to something very
      specific, and not knowing anything about the new thinking, or what it
      can produce for the benefit of humanity, wouldn't really want that
      statement to apply to Anthroposophy.

      warm regards,
      joel

      Mike T wrote:

      > Have I got this right? By this statement are you inferring that R.J.
      > Stewart
      > (whoever that may be) was writer of the Matthew gospel?
      >
      > Mike T
      >
      > >From: Joel Wendt <hermit@... <mailto:hermit%40tiac.net>>
      > >To: anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com
      > <mailto:anthroposophy_tomorrow%40yahoogroups.com>
      > >Subject: Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Interesting Quote
      > >Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 15:23:27 -0700
      > >
      > >Always have to consider the source, R. J. Stewart teaches magic and
      > >stuff. Here is that odd fellow from 2000 years ago:
      > >
      > >Woe to you canon-lawyers and Pharisees, you fakes, for cleaning off the
      > >rim of your cup and saucer while on the inside you're bursting with
      > >greed and wild appetites. Blind Pharisee, wash out the inside of the
      > >cup and saucer first, if you want the outside to end up clean! Woe to
      > >you canon-lawyers and Pharisees, you fakes, for being like dusty
      > >monuments that look pretty on the outside but on the inside are full of
      > >the bones of corpses and all kinds of rot. You likewise from the
      > >outside appear to the world to be decent, but inside you're full of
      > >hypocrisy and ways around the law. Matthew 23: 25-28
      > >
      > >I wonder what He was talking about, if not self-development? Care to
      > >share Jo Ann?
      > >
      > >warm regards,
      > >joel
      > >

      > >Jo Ann Schwartz wrote:
      > >
      > > > Although I have been following this list intermittantly for the past
      > > > couple of weeks
      > > > -- as the 271 unread emails in my list mail box will attest -- I
      > > > thought the
      > > > following quote from RJ Stewart was appropos for the discussion:
      > > >
      > > > "I often think that self-development is essentially a materialistic
      > > > false goal, masquerading as something supposedly spiritual."
      > > >
      > > > Musing on the paths taken and passed by....
      > > > JoAnn
      > > >
      > > > ~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
      > > > *****Cheney delenda est!*****

      > Meet Sexy Singles today @ Lavalife - Click here
      > http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Flavalife9%2Eninemsn%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fclickthru%2Fclickthru%2Eact%3Fid%3Dninemsn%26context%3Dan99%26locale%3Den%5FAU%26a%3D22740&_t=751140432&_r=emailtagline_meetsexy_june&_m=EXT
      > <http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Flavalife9%2Eninemsn%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fclickthru%2Fclickthru%2Eact%3Fid%3Dninemsn%26context%3Dan99%26locale%3Den%5FAU%26a%3D22740&_t=751140432&_r=emailtagline_meetsexy_june&_m=EXT>

    • Frank Smith
      Message 43 of 43 , Jul 15, 2006
        Hi, Stephen,
        Nice to hear from you again. It would be nicer still if I knew what the fuck you're saying. So could you please condense, edit out anthro-psycho-babble, and re-submit?
        Thanks.
        Frank

        On 7/10/06, Stephen Clarke <mozartg@...> wrote:
        Dear Frank:

        Ha!

        List-discussions do bring out the Double in one; you are "bingo" on
        that!  Now we could llok at our own posts as if through the eyes of
        another, what revelations could be found, what material for self-
        humbling!  And, oh, yes, I include myself.

        But note: this medium not only inflates one's own double-tendencies,
        it can also infect one with turbulent and divisive tendencies which
        one would not normally "channel." Check Steiner on the subnatural
        undertow.

        And: Steiner has described how certain adversarial beings, held in
        check by a combination of cosmic law and lack of personal free will,
        agitate free humans to do their dirty work for them; to act out their
        dark fantasies. Luciferic abstraction and crusading idealism can all-
        too-easily flip into its Ahrimanic opposite - if we didn't learn this
        from Hitler, Mao, Pol Pot, and Lenin, not to mention whatever failed
        gurus we like to think of, well, then, what can I say.

        Men and women of good will can disgaree about all kinds of
        substantive issues - and most will be "right", according to their own
        mix of information and personal experience.  But look at _how_ these
        things are discussed...there a second level of discourse - the real
        one - is exposed!

        Beware! This dreck can be a vortex for an active emitting of exactly
        those tendencies which are inimical to the spirit of any progressive
        spirituality. To what wheel do you wish to lend your shoulder: to one
        that grinds and smashes or to one that carries everyone forward?

        Frank: you are sometimes stubborn on issues which I think are settled
        counter to your opinion ( e.g.: I think that the Official
        Explanations are frequently the biggest and least
        believable "conspiracy theories" of all; frequently their only virtue
        is a superficial simplicity; "Go back to sleep"), but I'll take a
        stubborn rationality over a credulous fanatacism any day. That kind
        of thing should be put well in check _before_ any serious spiritual
        work is undertaken.

        oh well, cheers,

        Stephen

        --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com , "Frank Smith"
        <ftsster@...> wrote:

        > On 7/7/06, Steve Hale <sardisian01@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com , "Frank Smith"
        > > <ftsster@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Steve H. wrote:
        > > > "jackass". Later, waving his arms desperately like a windmill,
        he
        > > cried:
        > > > "You jackass!" both times directing his infantile venom towards
        > > the noble
        > > > Don Q. Q, however, does not consider this an insult, for he
        knows
        > > that the
        > > > jackass is a noble animal:
        > >
        > > What you consider infantile, I take seriously; which is why we'll
        > > never, ever have a truly serious and sincere discussion.  Ever.
        And

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/XISQkA/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/I3dslB/TM

           http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        --