Re: On Silence and Sophia

  • Valerie Walsh
    Message 1 of 187 , Jul 1, 2006
      And damn, if I didn't swear off song lyrics! Just goes to show
      you-never say "never"... with the possible exceptions of ELO and
      Beethoven I have been doing quite well living lyric free but I
      guess it's like The Blues Traveler said, "The hook brings you
      back." Also the Stones come to mind with, "You can't always get
      what you want, but if you try sometimes you just might find, you
      get what you need." So, if at first you don't succeed try, try
      again...

      We hear you're leaving, that's OK
      I thought our little wild time had just begun,
      I guess you kind of scared yourself, you turn and run
      But if you have a change of heart

      Rikki don't lose that number;
      You don't wanna call nobody else.
      Send it off in a letter to yourself.
      Rikki don't lose that number;
      It's the only one you own.
      You might use it if you feel better,
      When you get home.

      I have a friend in town, he's heard your name.
      We can go out driving on Slow Hand Row
      We could stay inside and play games I don't know
      And you could have a change of heart.

      Rikki don't lose that number;
      You don't wanna call nobody else.
      Send it off in a letter to yourself.
      Rikki don't lose that number;
      It's the only one you own.
      You might use it if you feel better,
      When you get home.

      You tell yourself you're not my kind
      But you don't even know your mind.
      And you could have a change of heart.

      Rikki don't lose that number;
      You don't wanna call nobody else.
      Send it off in a letter to yourself.
      Rikki don't lose that number;
      It's the only one you own.
      You might use it if you feel better,
      When you get home.

      Rikki don't lose that number
      (Rikki don't lose that number)
      Rikki don't lose that number

      Ricki Don't Lose That Number
      Steely Dan
    • Mike helsher
      Message 187 of 187 , Aug 7, 2006
        "Humans believe training a dog to respond to words will allow them to
        communicate with animals. But animals only care about fulfillment.
        They don't train each other, they fulfill each other's needs. If a dog
        is 100% fulfilled, you may not even need verbal commands to
        communicate. That's when the relationship between humans and dogs
        reach it's highest level – when you're using that elusive, magical
        "sixth sense." Isn't that what we all strive for?"

        Mike